HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help, think I got some sort of Internet spyware, don't know how to remove it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, think I got some sort of Internet spyware, don't know how to remove it.

Pretty much any time that I type in a URL in my "Address" bar, Internet Explorer takes me to..

http://www.smart-finder.biz/URL I just entered

And smart-finder.biz is this search engine site with loads of bullshit on it. Does anyone know how can I get Internet Explorer back to it old self?

The only websites I can now visit are the ones under my "Favorites" folder.
    ..Still takin' my time to perfect the beat, and I still got love for the streets, it's the D-R-E...

Try going to the "Tools" menu of your IE, select "Internet Options". Check the url address listed in Home Page box. Change it back to whatever homepage you originally had it set to. You can also hit the "delete cookies" tab in the next section if you choose. Then select the "Apply" button on bottom of box. This will take out any stored site info. However it will also remove any cookies on the sites you do frequent, so you may be required to remember user ids and passwords to those you were automatically logged on to.

If this doesnt work I have some spyware remover software. Just let me know and I'll send the files to you. It seems to work for everyone who has used it thus far.
    "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before." - Poe

Comment

Yeah, I've renamed the homepage bar to google.ca which I always used before because it loads the fastest, and I still had the same thing. Just now I deleted cookies and everything's fine again. Thank you.

P.S. Regular websites work, but sites such as amazon.com, yahoo and so on take me to that showbiz shit. Fuck.
      ..Still takin' my time to perfect the beat, and I still got love for the streets, it's the D-R-E...

Comment

I can send you the files for the removal of bullshit files such as that. Use msn [email protected]
        "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before." - Poe

Comment

go to google and search for "download spybot" find it and then download it, it'll take all the spyware off ur comp, but if u have kazaa u wont be able to use it and after a few days ur internet wont work, so after u get done delete it
          i have a belly full of white dog poop and you lay this shit on me?

Comment

Another thing you can do is go to system restore. but if you downloaded/created important files after you got that spyware just use adware or spy bot. if you didn't downoaded/created important files you can restore your computer to an earlier time.
            "Fuck Love"

SICK SYMPHONIES

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho Realm
              Another thing you can do is go to system restore. but if you downloaded/created important files after you got that spyware just use adware or spy bot. if you didn't downoaded/created important files you can restore your computer to an earlier time.
              How do I do that again?

Sorry I'm just having a mindblock at the moment, had 15 hours of sleep last night and I still feel like I just got up.

Comment

This is a link to get it

http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=news SPYBOT is good and FREE

Comment

A'yo, If your still having problems then look on google and find yourself a link to these two programs.

"Ad-Aware" and "SpyBoy S&D"

Peace! :D

Comment

Originally posted by emf20
                    A'yo, If your still having problems then look on google and find yourself a link to these two programs.

"Ad-Aware" and "SpyBoy S&D"

Peace! :D
                    I already scanned my computer with AdAware6 and it didn't help me at all. Might not be a spyware, I don't know. Just about to install Spybot though, if it doesn't work, it doesn't.

Comment

I hope it works for you, But seriously, Maybe I can help you out if you wanna pm me your msn address maybe we can work through it on msn

Comment

I was gonna suggest Ad-Aware cuz that's what I have ..... but I see ya already used it. :-/
                        If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions

Comment

I do Ad-aware...spybot....spyhunter..and Norton Antivirus cuz I was haven trouble with shit everythings good now what 1 dont get the others do

Comment

get "HijackThis". open it, click scan, and check all the boxes that refer have "http://" next to them, i had the same problem u did with magicsearch and HijackThis got rid of it

Comment

Originally posted by UnFaZeD
                              get "HijackThis". open it, click scan, and check all the boxes that refer have "http://" next to them, i had the same problem u did with magicsearch and HijackThis got rid of it
                              Right on. Thanks a lot, it worked. If you need avatar, let me know, I owe you one.

Thanks to everyone who replied for their suggestions and advices, much appreciated.

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Borsyk, Yesterday, 02:01 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Cedeber
                              by Cedeber

Started by Friese, Today, 08:53 AM