X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie News (ComingSoon.net)

Washington & Fuqua (Training Day) Reteaming for Superfly
    Source: Variety Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Denzel Washington and director Antoine Fuqua are in talks to reunite on a biopic of Harlem heroin kingpin Frank Lucas. Under the working title The Return of Superfly, the film is being produced by Brian Grazer and Imagine Entertainment for Universal Pictures.

Lucas grew up in rural, segregated North Carolina. In the early 1970s, he became the biggest heroin dealer in Harlem with a smuggling scheme that imported the stuff out of Southeast Asia in the caskets of Vietnam soldiers.

The script, written by Steven Zaillian, centers on narcotics lawman Richie Roberts' struggle to bring down Lucas, whose flamboyant style earned him the street name "Superfly." Lucas goes on to help Roberts hunt down dirty cops and overseas connections.

Imagine and Universal hope to go into production on "Superfly" late this summer. Washington and Fuqua last collaborated on 2001's Training Day, for which Washington received an Oscar.

Redman in Seed of Chucky
    Source: Variety Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Hip-hop star Redman and filmmaker John Waters have signed onto Seed of Chucky, the fifth film in the "Chucky" horror film series, which started production Monday in Romania for Focus Features, reports Variety.

As previously reported, Billy Boyd ("The Lord of the Rings") will voice the character of Glen, the orphan doll offspring of Chucky (Brad Dourif) and his twisted bride Tiffany (Jennifer Tilly).

Redman co-stars as a rapper-turned-director and Waters as a sleazy tabloid paparazzo. Don Mancini, franchise creator and writer of all five films, is directing.

Chris Tucker Eyes Money Talks 2 & Rush Hour 3
    Source: Variety Monday, March 15, 2004

New Line has begun to develop Money Talks 2 for Chris Tucker. Variety says if Tucker does that film and Rush Hour 3, his sequel price is $20 million against 20% of gross for each film.

The studio is looking to hire a writer and has already begun courting Charlie Sheen to return as Tucker's co-star. Brett Ratner, who directed the original 1997 Money Talks before twice re-teaming with Tucker on the "Rush Hour" films, might direct the Money Talks sequel.

The sequel development is surprising, adds the trade, because Tucker hasn't acted in three years, since Rush Hour 2 was released in 2001. New Line is about to hire John Rogers (Catwoman) to do a rewrite on Rush Hour 3 to set the film in a single location and bring the budget down to an acceptable level.

Ratner, who just finished the New Line's After the Sunset, had expected to do Rush Hour 3 as his next movie, with a fall start eyed. The budget complexities also have him eyeing Josiah's Canon at Fox.

Source: ComingSoon.net
    *** J B K o n l i n e D O T com ***

i will look forward to rush hour 3 ...love them films and denzel washingtons films are always good...i saw a trailer to a new one of his where he has to protect a child..it looks good
    Cain is for Charlie, and Delta is for Cain

Comment

i hope they do bring out rush hour 3 cos the first 2 were lush, i love jackie chan
      If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn?

[email protected]

'its a deep pan pizza coming up without the base!!'

Comment

Rush Hour 3 will be very nice indeed. Hope they dont ruin it though?

Number 1 and 2 are some of my fav movies.
        "Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile."
        - Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Deborahlanker, 05-26-2020, 02:44 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Mark Ultra  
        Started by Heridan, 11-09-2019, 02:25 AM