"Under God" from the Pledge of allegiance debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Under God" from the Pledge of allegiance debate

I was just wondering what everybodys opinion is on this, i know a lot of the ppl dont live in the US but if u do i was just curious....u can comment if u live outside the US as well....respect opinions plz!!

Incase you dunno recently there has been an ongoing controversial issue about whether or not the term "under god" should be removed from the Pledge Of Allegiance....what started it was some atheists' daughter in elementary school had to say it and he felt it was wrong or somethin like that...look the story up on yahoo....

newayz here is what i think......

Should “Under God� be in the Pledge of Allegiance? No it should not! As mentioned before, America is not a nation “Under God.� America is a nation that promises freedom of religion and separation of church and state. As mentioned in the Gay marriage article, everyone in the United States might not believe in the God that Christians believe in. Other people may believe in Muhammad, Buddha, or no God at all. Also, separation of church and state comes into play once again. Public schools, which are regulated by the state, must stay separate from the church. The pledge would be fine if it was at a private Christian school because the same rules would not apply. However at public schools, people of all races and backgrounds are there. Therefore, the pledge (with “under God� in it) should not be required.

For those that do not know, “Under God� was not originally in the first Pledge of Allegiance that was wrote in the 1800s. It was added pretty recently, in the late 1950s, when a group of conservative Christians decided they wanted it in there. One may argue that the founding fathers wanted it to be Under God which is not only false by what I just stated but also by the fact that Thomas Jefferson (the primary writer and contributor to the Constitution) was of the Deism faith. Deism does not believe in the God that Christians have come to know!9 out of 10 college graduates agree that Under God shouldn't be in the Pledge!
    www.Krumbz.com Official Site for Industry reps
    www.KrumbzOnline.com Official FanSite
    www.KrumbzWorld.com Official HUGE Hip Hop Forum
    NO HATING, NO RACISM, NO B.S.

me personally...i think who gives fuck what the pledge says, its been like that for years, so why change it, if you dont like it cover your ears, im not even really religious, and even if i was 0% religious id still be like who the fuck cares? but thats just me who can care less about a lot of things

Comment

i'll still say under God if they take it out, why even bother?

the dad is the athiest, the kid isnt, but the dad doesnt want the kid to say it, its fucked up

thats like parents tryin to get their kids to follow the dreams they couldnt achieve on their own
      LOST
      THEN I NEVER WANT TO DIE
      I... I WANT TO LIVE FOREVER

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Monret, Today, 03:26 PM
      0 responses
      1 view