Clipse/Rah Digga/Jae Millz show @My School

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clipse/Rah Digga/Jae Millz show @My School

it happened yesterday starting at 9pm through to the morning, at SJU...it was the fifth annual Black Music Fest (last year talib was in it, which i also went to)....

It was hosted by Jabba (from Hot 97), and Cocoa Chanel (also from Hot 97) also came through to do some DJing....

It was a mix of jamaican music and rap....One of the artists on stage was Troublesome, a reggae artist...he was aight, until he did a song for the ladies called "9 inches;" that was some awkward shit for any male in the room...he was on for like 10 minutes...

then there was another reggae artist (i forgot her name)...she was like Chinese but from Jamaica...she had two dancers with her (one of which goes to my school)...she wasn't great, but the dancers were hot...she was on for like 10 minutes also...

Jae Millz came on and he was dope, but i think he needs to work on his stage presence...He performed, "No No No," "Whats Up," "Rubber Band Man Remix," and he did some freestyles...One of the freestyles he did was a verse that got cut out from the Making The Band episode, when he battled Ness...The whole verse was not really good for batting, but it was raw; he directed most of the verse to Ness and Ness' mother...It was dope though to see Jae rip it, though he needs to work on the stage show...he was on for like 25 minutes...

Another cat was a guy named Lyfe, who was an Apollo winner...He has like a neo-soul/rap type of sound...He did a remix of that new annoying ass Lil Flip song, but his version was good...He had a live band and backup singers...He did a lot of material, and even did some acoustic guitar shit...However, the crowd wasn't feeling him especially since he was on for like 30 minutes...it got to the point where most of the crowd was straight booing him, and when he was getting ready to do his acoustic thing, some cats were throwing shit on the stage...i felt bad for him, cause even if you don't like his music you still got to have some respect for him...he actually wasn't that bad, he had a good voice and a good sound, but the problem is that live bands and no high level of commercial recognition= crowd doesn't like you...

Rah Digga came out, obviously toasted out of her mind...She looked much older close up than in the videos etc...She performed "Imperial," "party and bullshit," a remix of Pharoahe's "Agent Orange," a remix of Luda's "Waterfalls," and a lot of new shit...She had a decent stage presence, and was somewhat comical throughout the show...she asked the crowd, "how many people bought dirty harriet?," the crowd cheered loudly, then she said, "shut the fuck up, nobody bought that, don't lie " (something to that effect)...she even went as far shouting out "I'm Rick James, Bitch," which made the crowd laugh (not me though, because quite frankly, every one has killed that line)...she said her album was dropping in the Summer...A million Jersey shoutouts, and she bounced...good show, she was on for like 30 minutes...

Clipse came out and ripped it...Fam Lay was their hypeman; i didn't even realize it was him until they both stated so...Fam Lay needs a lot of work in performing, he didn't even seem like he was on the same planet as the Clipse...but pusha and malice, definitely did their thing...They performed, "Virginia," "Grindin,'" "Ma, i don't love her," "Pussy," "When the Last Time," "What Happened to that Boy"...They also performed "Cot Damn," and Ab Liva came out, though Roscoe didn't come out...Fam Lay also performed "rock & roll," and some other joint i never heard of...Clipse also performed some new joints from their new album, but i wasn't really feeling it, nor was most of the crowd...However, they were smart; they decided to get the crowd amped with some known joints, then bring in the new material, then finish the show with more known material...that way the crowd won't leave feeling like they wasted their money (although the show was $3 for SJU students, and $7 for guests)...These cats had a lot of energy and you can tell they performed all over the world...good show, they were on for almost an hour...

overall dope show, and even more so cause it cost me only $3, as an SJU student...a lot of banging chicks, a lot of reggae...a lot of commercial rap, which is ok because you can't get down to some Underground music like that...although, it was a bad choice for the DJs to play that southern crunk shit...dudes were acting like they were from the South doing that crazy, "mosh pit" type of nonsense...a fight almost broke out because of it (some cat got pushed too hard, so he went to confront the guy who did it, and then he got pushed again until he fell backwards and almost rolled around the joint)...other than that though, it was a good show, and if you're a fan of the Clipse, i suggest seeing them live...

i did take some photos, and i will try to post them up, so long as they came out clear...
    Last edited by Tone Riggz; 04-03-2004, 11:49 AM.

That's cool... you can't beat $3

Comment

Post The Photos Benzino J/k

Comment

here are some pics courtesy of Tone's Shitty Ass PC Cam, Inc. (i dont have a scanner)...

Fam Lay...
        Last edited by Tone Riggz; 04-03-2004, 12:06 PM.

Comment

pusha t

Comment

Rah Digga

Comment

malice

Comment

::
                oldskoolavatar

Comment

jae millz

Comment

damn all that for 3$.
                    A guy at work bought a car out of the paper. Ten years later, Bam! Herpes.
                    - Peter

Wir müssen die Juden ausrotten
                    - Cartman

Comment

jae millz again (in this particular shot, he was doing the verse that was cut from that episode of Making of the Band, when he battled Ness)...

Comment

The pictures came out very clear, though you couldn't tell because i used a PC Cam to post these up on here...the other pics i took were with another camera; i don't know when im developing those shots though...

Comment

Originally posted by FunkyFreshKilla
                          damn all that for 3$.

yea, though last year was better...arsonists, lone catalysts, people's army, talib kweli, masta ace, consequence, kanye west & others...all for $5...

Comment

don't die thread, don't die!

Comment

good stuff man, can't beat that for 3 bucks ::
                              "Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing"
                              "A man with nothing, ain't got nothing to lose"
                              2011-2012 Detroit Lions = Playoffs
                              \m/\m/

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS