What can I use for a nose wire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can I use for a nose wire?

With the wearing of face masks and coverings continuing to become mandatory, we’re sharing this sewing tutorial for a DIY face mask with nose wire. As I continue to sew more reusable face masks, I’ve started to add an insert along the top edge of the mask for a nose wire. Helping to keep the mask in place, the nose wire makes for a more comfortable fit while also achieving a closer fit to the face for more protection. Adding a nose wire, requires a few extra steps. See below for the sewing instructions to add a nose wire for both mask styles (pleated face mask and fitted face mask with filter pocket). There are nose wire options you can find online or even use wire you have around the house such as, floral wire or pipe cleaners. If using floral wire or a pipe cleaner, fold the sharp ends of the wire over making a small loop to prevent sharp edges. The simplest way to add a nose wire to a finished pleated face mask is to attach a piece of fabric along the top edge for the nose wire to insert into. Using a binding tape with folded edges is the quickest way to do so. Alternatively, you can cut a strip of fabric and make you own binding tape.
    nose wire
    nose bridge wire
    metal nose wire

99% of the population has no reason not to wear a mask during a pandemic. Masks lower the R-factor of the virus and thereby reduce the death toll and the economic impact. Hobbyists shouldn't give up on a mask because some idiot told them on TV that it was unnecessary, or that it would not help, or would give them a lung infection, or poison them with carbon dioxide. This is not true, protective masks must be worn.

Comment

I am more inclined to wear a mask than not to wear one because I do not want to risk my family getting sick. We have family members with insufficient immunity, and I will feel terrible if they get very sick. I know a face mask supplier to protect against the virus and not to deliver the virus to the people around us.

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by DipsetChristmas, 09-08-2008, 11:24 AM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post paultribbiani  
      Started by Mark Ultra, 09-27-2021, 06:28 AM
      2 responses