Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nancystarkman
    replied
    We provide a range of beauty services including Slimming, Toning and Double Chin and CryoFacials using CryoSkin. This kills fat cells and increases oxygen supply, aiding in collagen production and resulting in slimmer bodies and the elimination of fine lines. We also offer X°CryoTM, localised cryotherapy. Lymphatic drainage massage LondonCryo is also proud to be one of the first locations in the UK to offer CryoSkin slimming technology, a safe, effective treatment and revolutionary alternative to liposuction with visible results after just one session.

Leave a comment:

• Deborahlanker
    replied
    Let’s say someone comes in and they want their legs to look better. You massage the lymph nodes in the neck and the top of the thigh and do deep belly breathing to move fluid up the abdomen through the thoracic duct, the largest lymph vessel in the body. The thoracic duct takes the fluid from the lower half of your body and puts it back into the bloodstream via the subclavian vein at the neck. Deep belly breathing contracts that thoracic duct to help move your lymph fluid.

Leave a comment:

• Martinrichmond
    replied
    If somebody comes to me and they have swelling, the first thing I’m going to do is massage the lymph nodes that drain that fluid. For instance, if you have inflammation in your hand, I first massage the lymph nodes in the neck and the armpit. If lymph nodes have been removed in cancer treatment, then we also massage several other sets of lymph nodes in order to reroute fluid to other functioning lymph nodes in the body.

I usually tell people to massage the lymph nodes in the neck no matter what they’re doing, because lymph fluid empties into the bloodstream—into the subclavian veins—at the base of the neck. The way I help people understand this concept is: Let’s say you have a dirty ring around your bathtub and you want to clean it. What’s the first thing you’re going to do? Most people say: Put soap on it and start scrubbing the ring. But if you do that and you haven’t cleaned the hair out of the drain first, when you start scrubbing and put the water in the tub, you’ll get a backlog of dirty water at the drain. So when I’m teaching somebody lymphatic massage, I teach them to massage their lymph nodes first at the neck, the armpit, and the top of the thigh and abdomen.

Leave a comment:

• Glenedelstein
    replied
    Your lymph system doesn’t have a central pump to move fluid the way the heart pumps the blood. It depends on muscle contractions to move it. It’s a one-way circulatory system. Every day, three liters of fluid are absorbed into your lymph vessels. Without your lymph system, your body would swell with fluid and waste, including viruses and bacteria. With lymphatic drainage massage, we’re moving lymph fluid through the vessels to mimic muscle contractions and speed up lymph circulation. People come to me saying they’ve tried deep massage, but they get inflamed. In lymphatic massage, we don’t work deeply. We’re not working with the muscles. We’re working with the plane of lymph fluid.

Leave a comment:

• Louiscuming
    replied
    Your lymphatic system is the circulatory system of your immune system. It’s a complex network of vessels and nodes that run like rivers throughout your body, similar to your bloodstream. The lymph system absorbs excess fluid with waste and bacteria and moves it to your lymph nodes, where white blood cells filter out impurities before lymph vessels bring the fluid back into your bloodstream. Your lymph system plays essential roles in fighting infection and maintaining fluid balance.

Lymphedema happens when the lymphatic system is damaged, resulting in swelling that doesn’t go away on its own. Lymphedema can result from cancer treatments, such as the removal of lymph nodes, radiation therapy, or surgery, and also from infection or physical blunt trauma. Lymphedema can also be hereditary or caused by a parasitic disease—filariasis—that damages lymph vessels.

Leave a comment:

• Deborahlanker
    started a topic How To Do A Lymphatic Drainage Massage

How To Do A Lymphatic Drainage Massage

Lisa Levitt Gainsley’s mother passed away from cancer when she was thirteen. Later, in massage school, Gainsley (above) had an aha moment: “I loved the way a lymphatic treatment felt,” she says. “I had never experienced anything like it before. The rhythm and cadence of the strokes felt like the undulating ocean. Once I understood the connection between the lymphatic system and the immune system and that manual lymph drainage can benefit cancer patients, I knew I had found my life’s work.”

Lymph vessels collect fluid that has leaked out of blood vessels and cells. When the delicate lymph vessels are damaged, fluid can build up—for example in the arms after treatment for breast cancer-causing swelling called lymphedema. There’s no pump for the lymph fluid as there is for blood. The lymphatics rely on muscle contractions to push fluid unidirectionally toward the neck area, where it empties into the subclavian vein. It’s not easy to manage lymphedema, but lymphatic massage is an important part of therapies to reduce swelling.

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by Deborahlanker, Yesterday, 11:16 AM
5 responses
0 likes
Last Post Nancystarkman  
Started by Deborahlanker, 07-25-2020, 06:37 AM
5 responses
0 likes