How to Plan a Wedding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Plan a Wedding

First things first: Planning a wedding can feel pretty overwhelming at times. While couples often hire a professional to help manage their wedding plans, there are plenty of reasons why they might also opt to take on the majority of the responsibilities on their own, too. Maybe you’re working with a tight wedding planning budget or maybe you simply love all of the DIY possibilities—in any case, it's a lot of extra details, but it is possible to plan the wedding of your dreams on your own.

Organization is key to keeping everything on track when you’re faced with decisions, lists, deadlines, and everyday life to deal with. The first step is making sure to give yourselves plenty of time for wedding planning. A longer timeline is your friend here—aim for around a year, if possible. And don’t forget to involve your significant other in this step, as well. Your wedding should represent both of you, together as a couple.

So, where to begin? We've got you covered. Just remember to keep one very important thing in mind: Try to have some fun! This is your wedding after all. Don’t get too hung up on the tiny details and focus on what’s truly important: celebrating the love the two of you share and getting married, all while surrounded by your friends and family.

Comment

Your wedding budget will be the driving factor for many of your wedding-related decisions, so this should be one of the first things you tackle. If any family members will be contributing, chat with them about what they’re comfortable spending. If you’re footing the bill yourself, it’s time to take a hard look at your finances. Be prepared for a reality check when it comes to actually budgeting for your wedding day as many couples don’t realize the full scope of costs involved. Once you’ve got that magic number, stick to it!

Comment

Sit down with your partner and determine what the three most important aspects of your wedding will be. Is it the venue or specific wedding date? Locking in a certain wedding photographer or live band? Prioritize those details and be willing to compromise on the rest. This will help you stay within your budget and help you focus your efforts on what really counts.

Find a few resources of bridal inspiration you like best—Pinterest, Instagram, magazines, trusty bridal sites (including Brides, of course!)—and start researching. Having a good sense of the type of wedding style you want helps immensely once you start meeting with potential vendors. Don’t overwhelm yourself with all the wedding inspiration that’s out there. Creating one or more Pinterest boards—or even a visual collage on a cork or poster board—will help you to figure out what sort of look and feel you really want and keep you aligned with your larger vision.

Comment

Whether you're hosting a destination wedding or hometown bash, some of your guests have to travel to be a part of your day. To show your appreciation, give welcome bags for guests staying at hotels. Include a few snacks, bottles of water, and a list of local spots, like the nearest drug store, restaurants, and coffee shops, plus any nearby attractions.

Comment

WEDS.BLOG is India's leading network of trusted venues & vendors that provides the best services for weddings, parties & corporate events. Get Event Planning tips, a Guide for Venue Booking, destination wedding ideas, wedding decor, wedding photography, Wedding Venues, and more inspiration for your Events on the WEDS.BLOG.

Comment

There are not as many really experienced photographers as I would like, and I have often seen not the most successful photo albums. I have long wanted to know where there are enough experienced people to be able to contact them.

Comment

I know guys that are engaged in high-quality wedding photos. I really like these guys' work, they really do it reliably and long-lasting, and I advise you to try to make a good wedding album with help of photographer in rome I'm really happy with the services of these guys. They know their business well and they are real professionals. I strongly recommended you contact them if you need to install new windows.

Comment

I think wedding planning is a very important aspect and a thing to enjoy and make it all unforgettable. As an example, this is wedding registry ideas. Using them will help to make even the more boring formal part more fun and interesting. So I think it will be helpful too.

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by DorothyDBoland, 11-25-2021, 10:21 PM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Kate1415  
                  Started by WesleyDrake, Today, 08:48 AM
                  0 responses