Forumula 50 Vitamin Water {50 Cent's new drink}

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forumula 50 Vitamin Water {50 Cent's new drink}

Online Exclusive: Fiddy's Soft Drink - Not So P.I.M.P.

50 Cent's got a new product out, and he hopes you like it like a fat kid loves cake. Actually, it's quite possibly 50's own experience as a cake-loving fat kid that's behind his first foray into the soft drink market. Eschewing the sugary, chemical-laden energy drinks and intoxicating spirits endorsed by other MCs, Fiddy's joined ranks with the makers of Vitamin Water to create Formula 50, a grape-flavored version of the popular "nutrient enhanced water beverage."

Vitamin Water's manufacturer, Energy Brands, Inc., and the G-Unit camp have yet to make any official announcement regarding the beverage, but 50 Cent plugged away about his new creation while calling into New York's Hot 97 this morning. Always looking to catch a good story (or a few moments of late-afternoon sunshine on a gorgeous autumn Friday), vibe.com took to the streets with hopes of tracking down a bottle. Sadly, the field trip didn't last long; much like copies of Vibe, Formula 50 seems to have reached New York retailers well in advance of its official release. Two stores within two blocks of Vibe's offices stocked Formula 50, and, after plunking down $1.99, the purple drink was headed for a taste test with Vibe staffers.

Staring out from the cold case of your local refreshment center, Formula 50 hardly screams "P.I.M.P." In fact, with a mauve hue falling somewhere between Barney fur and your grandma's favorite shade of lipstick, the beverage blends right in with the muted color spectrum of Vitamin Water's other varieties. "He's a big thug, but his drink is pinkish purple," cracked associate research editor Lacey Bunis.

A closer inspection of the label, though, reveals a truckload of 50 references, namely a wordy product description, pictured here. The text:

inspired by today's most talked about artist, hottest record producer, and soon-to-be movie star, this "not so-hypnotic" tonic contains (hint, hint) 50 (per) cent of many of the important vitamins that you need every day.

however, unlike mister fifty (of "fiddy" as the kids say), this drink does not contain talent, a seven-figure recording deal, platinum ***elry, a big entourage or a bulletproof vest.

And Vitamin Water isn't kidding about the nutritional content. Quite amazingly, each bottle contains exactly 50 calories per serving and exactly 50 percent of several vitamins and minerals. Imagine being the chemist who had to meet those specifications. Some staffers felt a little jilted, not understanding why 50 couldn't go the distance and hook consumers up with the full 100 percent.

Formula 50 scored high marks for taste in our informal office poll. "It's better than the original grape flavor of Vitamin Water," said senior editor Noah Callahan-Bever. "If you're thirsty, it's got that light, Gatorade feeling." Editorial intern Delia Desai also mentioned a Gatorade similarity, while associate music editor Rondell Conway said it reminded him more of a low-in-sugar Kool-Aid. However, Lynne d Johnson, general manager of new media, wasn't feeling it, saying the drink "lacked flava."

But what about 50? What does this type of product say about the South side Queens MC? "It's a pretty cool product for him to endorse because his health regiment is so crazy," said research director Laura Checkoway. "This is actually something that's good for you." Deputy managing editor Andrew Simon also felt it's a good move for 50 because "people are very aware that everyone's drinking Vitamin Water."

Many noticed how subtly the product's packaging conveyed 50's involvement. There's no photo of the rapper, no G-Unit logos, no coupons for G-Unit sneakers. Simon said it reminded him of the Ben & Jerry's ice cream flavors that make casual references to rock acts like the Grateful Dead, Phish, and the Dave Matthews Band, but never seem like over-the-top, co-branded promotions. "To me, it just looks like another flavor of Vitamin Water, which I drink already anyway," said assistant editor Donnie Kwak.

If anything, the emergence of Formula 50 is just another example—albeit a bizarre one—of urban culture overtaking the mainstream. "I'm a little freaked out that it says 'Fiddy' on a bottle of Vitamin Water," said Checkoway.
    ---By Peter Gaston

Source: vibe.com
    -[Do You Need Acapellas and Instrumentals? Click Here for all the Free shit you can handle!]-

Formula 50, a grape-flavored version of the popular "nutrient enhanced water beverage."
    thats all i read up to but sounds good
    When a problem comes along you must zip it....zip it good

Comment

the drink is actually made of his jizz

Comment

o i wish (sarcasm)
        When a problem comes along you must zip it....zip it good

Comment

finnally!
          FREE XBOX360 it really works, I did it for a free ipod, just sign up and complete the FREE audiobooks 1 month trial. Absolutley free.

Comment

lol, thats the gayest thing i've heard, he shoulda made like an energy drink, that would sell alot better. and like dave chappele said, "i dont want grape juice, ***** gimme grape drink"
            dO tHe DrUg DoNt LeT tHe DrUg Do YoU

Comment

^^what the fuck is juice...

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Deborahlanker, Today, 12:26 AM
              0 responses
              1 view