HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW Kurupt Interview (Speaks On Beef, New Album...)!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW Kurupt Interview (Speaks On Beef, New Album...)!!!

On the Space Boogie album, you had Fred Wreck overseeing it. Does he have anything to do with this album?

Nah. I donít too much deal with Fred Wreck. Heís a weenie, too. When this was first going down, this is the problem with the majority of the *****s that be around with Snoop, none of them have their own opinions and none of them want to be their own man. If Snoop says, "Here put this pickle in your butt," theyíre going to throw a pickle right in their butt. Nobody would say, "Nah, Snoop. Iím not going to do that." When it first went down, even before Snoop or Daz spoke out, because after I did it, Daz came and interviewed me about my decision and said, "Iím still with you Kurupt." He did what I thought Snoopy would do. He said, "Iím not going to fuck with Suge, but if you do, thatís on you and be careful." A couple months later, Daz starts dissing out the blue and then called up some of my people talking bout, "Tell Kurupt letís dis each other on record and get paid." That weenie-ass bitch. But before Daz or Snoop said something, the first muthafucka to say something was this weenie-ass goofball Fred Wreck. He ainít even from Tha Dogg Pound. This fool get on the Internet talking bout, "Kurupt is Benedict Arnold, Kurupt bin Laden. He had turned his back on us." Iím like, "Fred, what the fuck is you talking about? Youíre like from Israel or something. You ainít even from Tha Dogg Pound. What the fuck is you actiní like you want to see me or something, man?" What the fuck is wrong with you? I gave you your break. Snoopy always do this type of shit. When I fuck with a producer and the records come out banging, he always goes up to them and tries to steal my producers and take up all their time, just to strictly make Snoop Dogg records and not to make nobody elseís records. I canít even get studio time with my own producers that I found, like Fred Wreck. When have you ever heard any fucking Fred Wreck on a fucking record? Nobody has. The Kurupt records were the first ones that was for real. Battlecat was doing Domino and all of that. You never really heard anything else from Battlecat after that until we did "We Can Freak It" on Kuruption! As soon as I do that, Snoop go and grab Battlecat and starts trying to hog up all of Battlecatís time and not even made any real records with him. Theyíre locking up like 17 hours with Battlecat, make one motherfucking record. Iím trying to push out seven or eight of them. But I didnít get mad at it. I always took the back seat. I always respected my Gs. I canít mad. Snoop is the head of our organization. But then all of it just started adding up and a ***** can only take so much before he bursts. Then the Ruff Ryder thing happened and that ended everything. So no, I ainít fucking with Fred Wreck. He has the heart of a snail. The same size and the same width.

You were saying that youíre involved with the releases with Death Row. A lot of people say that Death Row doesnít put out any records other than 2Pac. Why hasnít Death Row been putting out more stuff?

íCause Kurupt wasnít there.

When did you officially get down with them?

About two and a half years ago. The last record that was made that Kurupt didnít have no say so over was Dysfunkuntional Family. Then Suge hit me up and said, "Alright, what do you want to do Kurupt?" I said, "Well in order to put it to the top of the map, everybody is asking for a Kurupt record." So Suge contemplated on it for a week or two and then called me back and said, "OK, letís do the Kurupt record," and it was a rap. It is the first record that Iíve overseen, the first project thatís in a long list of records that weíre finna be dropping.

Whatís Roscoe doing?

Roscoe is also going to be a Gestapo/Death Row artist. I got my joint venture deal with Suge for my Gestapo Records label. Roscoe is one of the first releases through that deal. YA, Entourage, the Tri solo, the Tone solo. Eastwood and Spider are straight through the Death Row thing. Weíve got some moves and itís really going to be going down.

What happened with Crooked I?

Heís chilling out. I think him and Simon are getting their business side of things together with a few discrepancies that I guess they had. Theyíre wiping all of that down. Crooked I is a little upset, I think. Theyíve just got to get the business straight, which is what theyíre pretty much doing now.

Whatís Crooked I upset about?

I donít know. I think Crooked I wanted to release his record. But everybody wanted the Kurupt record. The type of music Crooked I had on that record, I wanted to redo the entire album. I wanted to put Crooked I with the boy Mark Sparks and with Jinx. I wanted him to do a whole new album thatís up to Crooked Iís caliber because the record that we had at first, his lyrics, they were killing the music. Like on my album, Mark Sparks and Jinx and all of them, theyíve done their damn thing and the music is smoldering. If weíre going to release anything thatís going to be seen and have the Kurupt stamp on it, itís got to be barbaric. It canít be average. It canít be regular. It canít be normal. Weíre going to do this and start it off right. Weíre going to start it off with a classic album thatíll put Death Row on the map the right way, which is the Kurupt album. Then I wanted to go with the Crooked I album right after that and set Crooked I up properly, the way heís supposed to be set up with barbaric music, like Kuruptís album has and kill them. That was my plan. But I guess right now I guess theyíre going through their little conversations. But you know we have an amazing roster. Weíve got Crooked I, Roscoe, Eastwood, Spider, YA, Entourage, all on the same label. Our roster is sick. Simon gave me this job to do with these records. Heís confident in my decision-making for music and he loves the way I groom my artists like Roscoe.
    Song Of The Week
    EMINEM FT DR.DRE & 50 - ENCORE

"Crazy Insane or Insane Crazy when i say Hussein u say CZ"

Whatís his role at the label now if heís having you do all of this? Whatís Suge doing?

Suge is the brains. Heís the business. Itís his label. Russell Simmons donít make the albums for Def Jam when he was there. Same with Jimmy Iovine. Suge is no different. If anything, heís a little more bigger. Sugeís job is the same job that he been had. That was the problem. Suge was not only doing his job, but he was doing the Dr. Dre job of the music, he was doing the job of the A&Ring. He was doing everything and thatís not what heís supposed to do. Suge is the brains. Heís the owner and he hired Kurupt to groom the artists, to make sure that the artistsí records are proper and to get the records done.

Whatís going on with the West Coast? Why isnít the West Coast bigger right now? It seems like the South, the East Coast and the Midwest are running it right now. What happened to the West?

I think everybody needs to step up. Plus, our leaders, theyíre not concentrating on the West Coast evolving right now.

For example.

Dr. Dre, all of his key artists, none of them are West Coast. The West Coast really has to blame themselves for that because Dr. Dre just donít want to be involved in none of the bullshit. The gangbanging and all of that, Dr. Dre donít want to be involved in that. Every time he deals with West Coast artists, they always seem to come with the gang stuff. Thatís why Dr. Dreís not really dealing with no West Coast artists. People from the West Coast, if theyíre going to be artists, they need to concentrate on their skills as much as they concentrate on their street credibility.

How would you say the atmosphere around the West Coast is different than, say, during the "Deep Cover" era or during the pre-The Chronic era, right when you all were making that album?

It was fresh and new then. We set the standard. Nowadays, the East Coast sets the standard with the lyrics.

What is Death Row going to do to put the West Coast back on top?

Weíre going to give them what they want, those classic beats with them amazing rhymes. Youíre not seeing that with West Coast artists. Thatís what weíre going to do. All of our artists are strictly West Coast. Thatís going to be the difference. Weíre going to release some hit records.

What happened to the Vapirz project you were going to do with Tha Liks?

I got my Presidency job and that really took up the majority of my time. Itís basically still in effect, but I really donít want to put Tha Liks in that type of situation with me and Snoopy and Daz and our little problem that we have because these funny-ass *****s, the way that they handle things, they like to blackball people. So, if you make your own decisions as a man to want to deal with somebody, they want to blackball you, tell everybody you ainít shit, you this and you this. I donít want my Liks *****s to go through that. Iím a real friend. Iím not like these funny bunny boys. I donít hold them accountable because they still communicate with Snoop and them. But I know how Snoop and them would treat them if I was to exclusively just lock in with them and be doing some things. I know that they donít care. Tash will tell you in a second, "Man, I donít give a fuck about none of that. Iím rolling with you Kurupt." But the reality is I donít want none of my *****s to be dealing with none of that. So for right now, while the little problems are, me and my little camp are going to handle it and after we handle it, then Iíll start getting back in tune with all of my *****s thatís in the game.

Everybody made a big deal about you and Foxy Brown and then you and Natina. Whatís going on with you and the women these days?

Nothing. Iím staying low-key. I try and not to make that one of my biggest concentrations. Right now Iím just posted up, just me and my woman. Itís just me and her. Weíre basically the formula and the format for Gestapo Records family. Weíre basically the brains of the operation and Suge is the overseer.

How is your approach different from a music and from a business standpoint than it was when you were getting into this in 92 or so? What are you doing differently?

Iím in more control over the records thatís being released. I have more of a say so, more responsibility with the records thatís being released. Before, all I had to do was rap. Now, I have to not just rap, but I have to make the proper choice of music, go out and find producers. Before we had Dr. Dre, we had Daz. A ***** didnít have to concentrate on how the beat was going to be. They used to come with all the plans. They wouldnít just have the beat. Theyíd have the beat and theyíd already know where they wanted to go with the beat. Now, I have to do all of that, as well as pick the artist, groom the artist. I have to do the whole ball of wax. Itís totally different.

What do you like more?

I like sitting behind the desk. Iím a father so Iím just a little bit more slowed down, a little more slow-paced now. Iím not into that fast stuff like I used to be when I was young. It just doesnít excite me anymore. I like the slow pace, work like movies. I love the movie scene, the hours you have to work and the time you get off. I like that more. Itís the youngsterís time. Just like back in the day it was our time, itís the time for the new generation of the West Coast and thatís what time it is right now. All they need is somebody from the original formula that helped put the West Coast back on the map to give them the right opportunity, to believe in them, to groom them as they were groomed before, to just put it in right. Thatís just all they really need. After the Kurupt album, people are going to have their eyes on us even more. "OK, we see youíre trying to do this record thing right. Whatís next?" Thatís when we come with the next thing like Roscoe and open the door for all this new, young talent that we have on the West Coast, this new breed of MCs, people that concentrate on the mic like I used to concentrate on the mic, the verbal assassins. I got me a whole squad of pure turmoil. Theyíre hand-crafted, hand-picked, groomed by my own hand, shown the ways and the ropes of making music, of making a hit record. They know the difference between making a hit record and just a regular rap record.

What about the movies? You doing any more soon?

After I drop Against the Grain, Iím going to start producing some of my own films. Iíve got one that Iím going to do with Steven Segal. Iíve got a couple other ones on line. Iím really going to get into the production side of the movie thing when I go back to the movies. Just let people know to go get that Against the Grain. Itís smothering. The games are over. Iíve been as quiet as I can. Yes, I am going to be addressing these little idiots. I donít know why they want to see Kurupt on the mic cause itís impossible. Iím going to give the people what they want. Itís exciting, itís fresh and itís new. Itís a little bit of the old Kurupt from The Chronic days and the Death Row era, that new Kurupt from Tha Streetz Iz A Mutha, Kuruption! on down and some of that very new Kurupt that no oneís heard yet thatís on fire again. Remember, keep music first. If youíre trying to get in the music game, just donít stop. Itís going to come to you.
    Song Of The Week
    EMINEM FT DR.DRE & 50 - ENCORE

"Crazy Insane or Insane Crazy when i say Hussein u say CZ"

Comment

kurupt is a leg, proper rap ima defo buy this album when it drops
      welcome to england, part of so-called great britain/
      but there aint a fucking thing great, about the way that were livin/

Comment

Thanks man.

Tha Row is back.
        Originally posted by meanj
        I just wanna say that my favorate rappers are 2pac,Dre,Eminem,50 Cent And D12.
        Originally posted by Swizz2007
        2-Meo's racist.

Comment

kurupt is that faggot with that gay single "i'm sorry now its over" or what ever it was called,

Comment

Originally posted by CZ81717
            What about the movies? You doing any more soon?

After I drop Against the Grain, Iím going to start producing some of my own films. Iíve got one that Iím going to do with Steven Segal. Iíve got a couple other ones on line.
            Isn't this really old?

Comment

i dont believe this is true

cuz Kurupt has a girlfriend and how the fuck can he say that about Dre when The Game is the only good westcoast artist right now(not some1 on Death Row)

Comment

Ras Kass >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Game
                2-Meo's racist.

Comment

lmao at game being the best west coast rapper. Ras Kass and Crooked I both shit on him. When the fuck is Against the Grain coming out? Did I miss it?
                  Oh its true, its true

Comment

Since when is Crooked I still on Death Row too?

Crooked I >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Game
                    2-Meo's racist.

Comment

kurupt young body............. thx,G

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndroundko
                        When the fuck is Against the Grain coming out??

Probably around the end of the century, cop that shit!!

But honestly, Tha Row is shit when it comes to releasing records. Kurupt will probably collect dust on the shelf until they drop him to focus on another artist's album they have no intention of releasing.

It's a shame really.....
                        I should have been a pair of ragged claws scuttling across floors of silent seas...

Comment

Originally posted by DUNNthealmighty
                          Probably around the end of the century, cop that shit!!
                          lol. I know. When I heard he had resigned with Death Row, I was like WTF? Not necessarily because it was back with Suge, but unless your name is 2pac you aren't getting an album released there.
                          Oh its true, its true

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by hxihzu3j, 09-24-2020, 07:17 AM
                          1 response
                          0 likes
                          Last Post garcia adam  
                          Started by ziifjem, Today, 03:55 AM