NEW Ali Vegas Interview!!!(Kids Ill)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW Ali Vegas Interview!!!(Kids Ill)

Ali Vegas Interview (Speaks On Label, Album, Connects Etc)
    Ali Vegas has blessed many-a-mixtape in both the mainstream and underground circuit. Representing Queens, the same borough as Nas and 50 Cent, Ali Vegas has crowned himself the ďPrince of New York City.Ē Paying his dues, this young MC was signed to a record deal when he was only sixteen years old and he had a reputation for sounding like a younger version of Nasir Jone. With his family behind him, Vegas is now confident and secure that the best years of his career are ahead of him.

As he prepares his next critical link in the chain, The Rebirth Of A Prince, now-West Coast resident and AllHipHop got together to discuss the margin between then and now. With a fledging label and a heart full of ambition, only Ali Vegas knows whether or not he can come twice the first time and conquer.

Why did you make the transition from New York to Los Angeles

Everything is out here. My cousin plays for the Lakers.

Whoís your cousin?

Lamar Odom. So Iím out here.

Oh wow. Has that been a good connection for you?

He helps me on a regular basis. Thatís a key person in my life.

Does he fund everything?

Heís my big cousin, so he really wants me to have my own; my own label, my own everything. So really it makes it easier for me, because I donít gotta go to no labels. Weíre gonna go into the business together. Instead of it being a family thing, itís gonna be a business all at the same time.

Does he have his own artist or are you the main act?

He judges his talent next to me. If they donít bring to the table the hard work and stuff that I bring to the table, then itís really hard for him to focus on you. Iím the main focus [of] Council Recordings.

How long has that been an entity?

Itís a new company, pretty recent. Ali Vagas, Joe Gotti, Kenny J, Abby, Lamar Odom. Itís a big company.

I heard that youíre going to be on an ESPN game.

Yeah, [for] EA Sports.

How did that come about?

A friend of mine [who is] named Abby, when I came out here, she called me and asked me if I wanted to do a song for a game so I linked up with her. We did the track and EA Sports wanted to go with it. Itís on ďNBA Streets 2005.Ē Sheís a good connect in LA. I also got the Mad Twinz, they got the ďBlok HedzĒ comic book. Their like my brothers. I linked up with them when I was [here].

What else do you have going on?

I got the Big Mike, Ali Vegas CD and DVD called The Rebirth Of A Prince.

Whatís the DVD about?

To sum up the DVD, a lot of people heard my music but no body never really saw me. Iím a ghost to the public. Iím the opposite of what they say a child should be ďSeen and unheard.Ē But Iím the opposite ďHeard but not seen.Ē So the DVD is basically about that. Itís a little bit about my past, what Iím doing in the present so youíll know what to expect in the future. We got Council Recordings. Thatís basically it.

It feels like just yesterday you were a teen. How old are you now?

Iím twenty-two.

How did you get with most DJís? Did you get in contact with them or did they come to you like ďI heard youíre hot and I want to put you on my mix?Ē

I knew DJís from before when I was signed to Trackmasters. A lot of relationships came about because my family is well connected in the streets. Plus my talent combined so thatís how I got up with a lot of people.

We all thought that Trackmasters had heat. What really happened?

They were taking on too much at the time. They had me, 50, Nature. I mean they were just taking on too much and at the same time they were producing. It was hard on them.

How has your life been since Trackmasters, from then to now? What can you say is different about it?

I think my maturity level has changed. I was always ahead of my time. I know the business more now. Itís more of a business to me now then when I was sixteen. I was just happy to be there at the time. Now my business is much more focused. It feels better when the ball is in your court.

Do you think that Trackmasters gave you a bigger push than the mixtapes?

Well I think that when I was signed to Trackmasters I was well feared. They would always compare me to Nas and Jay-Z. Now, itís Jay- Z and AZ. A lot of artist of today and yesterday fear them. Naturally it was more like they would fear me. Then when I displayed the talent, a lot of fear came. It helped me being signed to Trackmasters because I learned the business from connecting with people. The mixtapes are just a whole other market. Thatís marketing and promotion. I think it just opens up a lot of peopleís ears and welcomes them to me.

Being in Los Angeles now, do you still retain some of those contacts from five years ago?

Yeah, like Capone, Nas. That will never break up. Like I said, Iím heard and not seen. Iíve worked with DJ On Point, Big Mike, DJ Absolut, DJ Black Rob in San Francisco, DJ Finger Print in Miami, Green Lantern, and Kay Slay. I gotta give a shout out to Wendy Williams because she held me down. I worked with a lot of DJís.

Ultimately, are you using the street mixtapes to build momentum towards a ďrealĒ album?

Of course. Itís called Who Needs A Pen?

Why that title?

The title track goes like ďWho needs a pen?/ When my blood is ink and my heart writes everything/ Who needs a pen?/ When the stories in my mind play over and over again.Ē Basically this album is from the heart. Iíve been through so much young that when I do an album itís straight from the heart. Itís deeper than my pen. Who needs a pen when Iím living it?

What can we expect as far as producers and rappers?

As far as rappers just my artist. You know, Royal and Promise. I donít really feel a lot of artist that are out now. I feel like Outkast and those kinds of people. I donít really feel like a lot of people are on their jobs. Most likely it will be Royal Promise, probably Mobb Deep; weíre working that out right now. As far as Producers we got everybody, Kanye West.

Really? Who approached who?

A friend of mine on the management team took care of that. So they reached out to Kanye.

Who else can we expect?

We got a producer that is signed to me. Heís fourteen, a young buck, heís ill. I also got Shatek. He did ďX Gonna Give It To YaĒ he did the ďHit The Road JackĒ G-Unit anthem. Itís deeper than Ali Vegas. Itís a whole movement behind me, Council Recordings.

Are you scared of ďThe Mixtape Jinx?Ē For example like Cassidy and Jae Millz and even Jin whose albums did poorly or were shelved after their success with mixtapes.

Nah, I donít fear that. If I did, I would be doubting my self. A mixtape is a mixtape. A whole album is different. Maybe they aint have the same range I have. Certain people were made for mixtapes and certain people are made for albums. They had to break me out of album mode. I make songs because thatís my genre.

Where do you see youíre self in a few years?

On top of the game. In a few years, Iím so much ahead of my time Iím telling you the game gonna be mine, For real. I canít even explain it. Youíre just gonna have to watch. Stay tuned youíll see. Thatís my whole plan though. Just to take over the game.
    Song Of The Week
    EMINEM FT DR.DRE & 50 - ENCORE

"Crazy Insane or Insane Crazy when i say Hussein u say CZ"

props

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by terrylogan, Today, 12:41 AM
    0 responses