Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jay-Z Explains Why Fade To Black Is So Personal

Jay-Z Explains Why Fade To Black Is So Personal

Though busy negotiating label deals, releasing collaborative efforts and preparing his film debut, Fade To Black, Jay-Z recently met the press to speak on his film making process and his future at Def Jam.

In addition to offering scenes from last year's Madison Square Garden farewell concert, Fade To Black follows Hov as he record his last LP, The Black Album. Yet, according to Hov, what started as a short clip took a life of its own and progressed into a motion picture.

"The recording of the CD was supposed to be for an extra bonus on the album. And then we shot the Garden. We thought something special would happen to put out a DVD. Then we got the first 15 minutes and it was like hold on...this is a journey. This is a kid from Brooklyn, New York to play the biggest stage in the world," Jay told the press from a suite in Manhattan's Regency Hotel. "This is much bigger than that, and the inspiration also came cause of the fact of where I come from and the fact that I couldn't get a deal in the beginning."

The flick is appropriately credited a Shawn Carter film. Besides selecting screen shots and shaping the tone of the movie, Hov also opted to narrate the project himself.

"Who else could tell that story. I felt that it would have to be in my voice. This is one of the most personal things I've put out," Hov explained. "I've never allowed people in the studio during my recording process, you know all my conversations with my friends. I'm not even that type of person so I figured it had to be in my voice."

Earlier this week, reports surfaced that Jiggaman was approximately 10 days from inking a deal to become Def Jam president. And though rumors have since spread that the deal is now official, Hov asserted that the agreement has yet to be secured.

"That's not a done deal. We've just been talking and we'll see what happens with that whole situation," Jay revealed.

Upon being asked if accepting the position would cause result in competition with Dame, Jay replied, "No. If it did it would be fun."

sohh

it'll be hot if he releases the black album with the fade to black dvd
    with bonustracks like
    Gotta Get It -ft. the Game & Dr.Dre
    PSA II
    Warm It Up
    thats sh!t would be so fucI<ing hot

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse