Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R. Kelly's Camp Considers Legal Action

By LARRY McSHANE, Associated Press Writer

NEW YORK - Lawyers for singer R. Kelly were filing a criminal complaint against a member of rapper Jay-Z's entourage and considering other legal action after the platinum-selling stars' joint tour came to an abrupt end.

The "I Believe I Can Fly" singer was booted from remaining shows at Madison Square Garden by the promoter Saturday, a day after a member of Jay-Z's entourage allegedly blasted Kelly with pepper spray, said his publicist, Allan Mayer. The promoter announced that Jay-Z, with special guests, would do the shows alone.

Kelly's lawyers were filing a complaint against the entourage member and considering action over the decision to remove Kelly from the tour, Mayer said.

"The fans deserve better than this," Kelly said in a statement. "I'd like the show to go on. It's really disappointing that Jay-Z and the promoter don't."

Jay-Z and R. Kelly were in the midst of a 40-city "Best of Both Worlds" tour, which has been beset by canceled shows and reports that the feuding performers weren't even on speaking terms.

The tour, which had been scheduled to run through Nov. 28, has been canceled, said promoter Jeff Sharp of Atlanta Worldwide Touring. Jay-Z's publicist was unsure if the rapper would try and fill the remaining dates as a solo act.

The pepper-spray incident happened about an hour into Friday night's show, when Kelly walked on stage and said he saw two people in the audience waving guns, Mayer said. Kelly abruptly stopped his set around 9:30 p.m. while arena security employees searched for weapons.

Finding none, guards told Kelly it was safe to continue performing, Mayer said. But as the singer was making his way back to the stage, a man in Jay-Z's entourage apparently miffed that Kelly interrupted the show sprayed him and two of his bodyguards in the face, Mayer said.

"I'm pretty sure Jay didn't realize what was going on," Mayer said.

All three men were treated at St. Vincent's Hospital and released, he said. Jay-Z performed for another 45 minutes after Kelly was sprayed.

Jana Fleishman, publicist for Jay-Z, said Saturday that the rapper's entourage knew nothing about the incident because it occurred while Jay-Z was performing. Jay-Z "did not attack R. Kelly in any way, shape or form," Fleishman said.

In a radio interview on Hot 97 FM radio Friday, Jay-Z said he couldn't understand why Kelly left the stage.

"You can't get a gun inside Madison Square Garden," the rapper said. "If people give me love he can't take it."

The Chicago Sun-Times reported discord between the two performers after Kelly showed up more than two hours late for a show in Chicago and walked off the stage mid-performance in St. Louis this month.

Three shows on the tour were canceled because of "technical difficulties" suffered by Kelly, Fleishman said.

On Tuesday, Kelly and Jay-Z released their collaborative CD "Unfinished Business."
    "a lot of truth is said in jest"

hahahahahhaahahahaaa....
    =W=
    My other aliases:
    On The Shelf
    Masai
    justp1ayin
    TheMan

Comment

and people say J aint gangsta
      Originally posted by Ifbbita
      as for this thread, I was thinking about buying a 500 Smith and Wesson Magnum. With hollow tip rounds, you can blast a hole through Jesus...
      Fucking Awesome

Comment

Guns? what guns? PEPPER SPRAY BIATTTCH!!! TAKE THAT, EASTSIIIIIIDEEEEE, lmao at Kelly being in a hospital, shit put your eyes under the water hose for 20 mins you be allright :D
        Everybody was born to hustle
        It's a very thin line between a boss and a muscle
        - Xzibit

Comment

lmao kelly is a bitch

Comment

r. kellys just mad cuz jay-z wont let him pee on him
            Best to take what ya need, but don't be greedy
            -2pac R U Still Down (Remember Me)

Comment

for real, if Kelly sues maybe i should sue his ass for leavin on sum bullshit... i wuz at that shit, and nobody had any guns in there, i dont care wut that man says. Jay-Z is a fuckin performer, he put on an impromptu show and brought the shit back to his old hits.. way better than if him and kelly kept performin 2gether..

show wuz fire, im glad i got to see the last of its kind.
              8 YEARS DEEP

Comment

good hopefully R Kelly wins

Comment

Kelly is in a lose-lose situation....some fucked up shit Jay did.
                  -[Do You Need Acapellas and Instrumentals? Click Here for all the Free shit you can handle!]-

Comment

R Kelly is screwed up. It's cause of him some of the dates were cancelled. I was really looking forward to it but ours was cancelled. You should read the article on MTV.com.

Comment

Jay tore MSG down the other night...I couldnt believe he threw a show that good together in minutes, it was over when he had Ja came out......any1 kno if hes doin the show tomorrow night (nov 1) at msg or is it cancelled?
                      "A wise man told me don't argue with fools...Cause people from a distance can't tell who is who" Jay-Z

Comment

R. Kelly is a bitch.

Comment

That'a a bitch move by jay kells never claimed to be a tough guy so how does this surprise ppl.

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by Deborahlanker, 11-11-2020, 12:29 PM
                          1 response
                          0 likes
                          Last Post droob123  
                          Started by basketballeven, Yesterday, 07:49 AM
                          5 responses