Ludacris' Red Light Shines Bright

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ludacris' Red Light Shines Bright

As the man of the hour steadily nodded his head along with the press members in attendance, Ludacris’ fourth album, The Red Light District, was premiered for the ears of a lucky few last night (Oct. 20).

“Luda had a lot of fun making this record,” Ludacris’ manager Chaka Zulu announced before pressing the Play button. “This was the first time that he really got to relax while making an album.”

This level of enjoyment is obvious throughout The Red Light District, a title which is meant to anoint Luda’s hometown of Atlanta as the U.S. parallel to Amsterdam’s carefree haven.

Heavy on inspired collaborations, his typically vibrant wordplay, and speaker-damaging production, The Red Light District is sure to be another smash for multi-tasking rapper.

“Get Back,” the first single, recaptures the intensity of Ludacris’ past hit “Move Bitch,” with kinetic beat work courtesy of KLC of the Medicine Men. Lil Jon contributes moody electric guitars on the alcohol and weed ode “Too Much,” while Timbaland blesses Luda with tribal percussion and avant-garde bounce on “Potion.”

New producer Voodoo nearly steals the show with his haunting Teena Marie sampling on “Child of the Night,” where Ludacris engages in candid self reflection, spitting, “I admit to being trumped by too many distractions, and I’ve been forced to pay for my childish actions.”

DJ Green Lantern turns the Austin Powers theme music into a rowdy soundtrack for Ludacris to fire off cocky boasts on “Number One Spot,” with Luda even throwing a swift jab at rival Bill O’Reilly.

High-profile guest appearances are bountiful on The Red Light District, with artists like DJ Quik and DMX joining the festivities. Sleepy Brown provides the hook for the vibrant “Blueberry Yum Yum,” Ludacris’ experimental exercise in off-kilter singing.

The album’s crown ***el, however, comes in the form of the old-school inspired “Virgo,” featuring Nas and Doug E. Fresh, complete with a vintage Fresh beatbox backdrop.

With additions from Mannie Fresh and The Neptunes currently being finalized, The Red Light District should easily make Ludacris fans happy when it’s released on December 7.

got this from over at boxden

Lantern producing
    Nas on the CD
    This shit sounds like it will be good and that GL track sounds hot

I'm lookin' 4ward to that
    "I'm sendin' red heads all up in your denim, everybody wearin' vests so i'm aimin' 4 your lemmon" - Lloyd Bank$- Rap City freestyle Ft. Tony Yayo

Comment

this will def be a banger

Comment

Sounds great.

Don't make sense
        Goin' to Heaven with the goodie-goodies
        Dressed in white
        I like black Timbs and black hoodies

Comment

yeah i was already lookin' forward to this album

Comment

yes... i've already reserved a spot in my CD case for this album. i'm fuckin' itchin' for it to release. to pump me up, i keep playin' "Get Back". that song is a banger combined with hott punches. Luda always has my attention as the representative of the south! please let The Red Light District come so i can stop slitting my wrists to ease myself.

but seriously folks, i really am waiting impatiently for this album!
            The Myth of Chopper City Suit

"Chuck Norris once tried to put on a Chopper Suit. Scientists think that this may have caused the big bang."

Comment

I'm not really a fan of luda...although thats largely attributed to me never really listening to him...only songs i like him on are...Stomp and Rodeo...what are some good luda tunes to get me to feel his music?

Comment

^his 1st 2 albums

Comment

^ YES...

get Back for the First Time and Word of Mouf. if you want to hear some quotable-filled lines all in one song... get "Hip Hop Quotables" from his Chicken & Beer album.

"Chuck Norris once tried to put on a Chopper Suit. Scientists think that this may have caused the big bang."

Comment

Thanx guys...i'll check those out

Comment

chicken and beer was shit hopefully this album will be good

Comment

hip hop quoteables on chicken & beer even sucked:-/. The beat was totally fuckin trash for christ sakes. Only good songs were "We Got", and that Block song.
                        you don't know the technique so don't tell lies, i'll shoot your mom in the back an fuck the bullet wound until she dies

Comment

Im hoping this album is good, I didnt like Chicken and Beer too much. Ive liked Luda since I heard The Ho Song.
                          Buy the CD - 22nd June 2010. <-- Put this in your sig if you've recovered!

Comment

thanxs for the news...
                            aka Fifty0550

Comment

Originally posted by Chacrateazey
                              hip hop quoteables on chicken & beer even sucked:-/. The beat was totally fuckin trash for christ sakes. Only good songs were "We Got", and that Block song.
                              you don't understand why he had that beat? the main point of the "ugh" beat is for you to put more focus on his lyrical skills and less on the hype beats. if you listen to his lyrics... you'll recognize some hot ass punchlines in there.

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by dechanterait36, Today, 05:20 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post dechanterait36  
                              Started by Deborahlanker, Today, 05:09 AM