HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T.I. LP Has Streets Buzzing, Chingy Leaves DTP & The Roc Releases artists (Oh shiit)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T.I. LP Has Streets Buzzing, Chingy Leaves DTP & The Roc Releases artists (Oh shiit)

In this week's Pulse Report, the streets are buzzing about T.I.'s album, Chingy leaves DTP, Talib Kweli prepares another mixtape and Roc-A-Fella could be trimming the fat.

1. T.I. Cooks Up Another Banger
    Approximately a year after the release of Trap Muzik, T.I. is scheduled to drop its follow up, Urban Legend on November. In addition to reaching gold with his latest, T.I's buzz has intensified courtesy of countless guest appearances and his recent battles with Ludacris and Lil Flip. Now word is T.I. has lived up to expectations with another solid LP. The record features production from David Banner, The Neptunes, Swizz Beatz and Jazze Pha with guest spots from Nelly, Pharrell and Daz Dillinger among others. Stand out cuts include the DJ Toomp produced "A Prayer For Help" and "King Of The South."

2. Chingy Leaves DTP
    After a successful run with the double platinum Jackpot, Chingy and Disturbin' Tha Peace have decided to part ways. In XXL Magazine's December issue, Chingy cites money mismanagement for departing from the Atlanta based crew. Chingy is now exclusively signed to Capitol Records and his next LP Powerballin is scheduled to drop on the label. On the other hand, DTP's Chaka Zulu argues that the album will still feature a DTP logo.

3. Talib prepares The Beautiful Mixtape 2
    Though heads have been largely disappointed with Talib Kweli's The Beautiful Struggle LP, they are now buzzing about the second installment of his mixtape series. Once again, the mixed CD promises to be another star-studded affair featuring underground staples like Wordsworth, Jean Grae and Saigon as well as Ludacris, Ghostface, Mos Def, Snoop Dogg, Kardinal Offishall, Hi-Tek, David Banner, Musiq, dead prez. The Game and Common who appeared in the first volume will once again appear on the CD.

4. Roc-A-Fella's Makeover
    With Def Jam reportedly close to buying out Roc-A-Fella Records, word is that the label is continuing to sign new acts and plans to drop a few. Rumors are already spreading that Joe Buddens is likely to become Roc-A-Fella's newest artist. On top of additions, word is the label is poised to get rid of several artists on their roster. Aside from Jay-Z, the label's biggest selling artists are Kanye West, Cam'ron, Beanie Sigel and Young Gunz.
    http://www.sohh.com/thewire/read.php?contentID=6366

glad to see new shit from kweli

he'd keep cam'ron and dipset simply casue of the money tho,lol.
    and wasnt MOP signed like since 2002? the Roc will drop them, they cant think of a way to market them and there LP wont ever come out, what a shame, i like them too

wasnt ODB on the label too? he'll get dropped too
    Last edited by psy; 10-31-2004, 10:33 PM.

i love Young Gunz tho. Young Chris's voice and smooth rhythmic flow make me admire his style. i like Young Neef's gangsta appeal. i'm prolly gonna get mugged for this, but i like the Young Gunz and i still pump "Tough Luv". maybe it's because their main production comes from my favorite producer, Just Blaaaaze!

it sucks that Dame Dash is sellin' his shit over to Russell Simmons, especially considering that Def Jam sucks and is going downhill.

i'm waitin for the T.I. album... one of my Top 5 favorites out of the south! his beef with Lil Flip was weird, but the shit he's put out against him made me get into him even more (although i was already into T.I. a lot more than anyone else was around here). Urban Legend is already looking good for me with "You Don't Know Me" and "Bring 'Em Out".

as for Chingy leaving Luda's label..... GOOD! Luda needs credible artists in his label.
    The Myth of Chopper City Suit

"Chuck Norris once tried to put on a Chopper Suit. Scientists think that this may have caused the big bang."

Comment

roc needs 2 keep MOP, Freeway and the Young Gunz...

Roc has major talent and just needs 2 actually put time and marketing into them.. Young Gunz are 1 hit away from being major sellers...

Plus, MOP NEVER really sold a lot a records.. but their street cred is out the ass.. they need this staples in hip hop for the sheer energy they bring 2 the table. Freeway released one of the better solos in a long time, dont sleep.
      8 YEARS DEEP

Comment

omg, i'd wonder WTF jigga would do if just blaze, dropped out? and signs to shady/aftermath! becomes Dr dre's new right hand man, LMFAO!

who else is on the roc anyways? ODB, young steff (who the fuck is he?), oschino and sparks,allen anthony.
        they should keep freeway tho, i like him. im glad grafh and joeys signed on the roc too, great talent. and lmao at the people other at boxden saying drop bleek, hes not that great but hes jiggas right hand man, he'd neither drop a freind...

but still, Joe budden feat beanie ,grafh and jay-z ....oh shiiit.......
        Last edited by psy; 10-31-2004, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by psy

but still, Joe budden feat beanie ,grafh and jay-z ....oh shiiit.......
          lyrically.. that team would end any other label.

the strange thing is, Grafh and Budden used to have a lil rivalry.. see how that pans out on the same label.
          8 YEARS DEEP

Comment

Tell ROC to get rid of samantha fuckin Ronsen

Comment

Originally posted by psy
              he'd keep cam'ron and dipset simply casue of the money tho,lol.
              and wasnt MOP signed like since 2002? the Roc will drop them, they cant think of a way to market them and there LP wont ever come out, what a shame, i like them too

wasnt ODB on the label too? he'll get dropped too

*waves*
              Bye bye M.O.P
              Neither one of them will get dropped. If you dumb muthafuckaz remember how long the Young Gunz were signed before even appearing of the first State Property CD, you wouldn't be trippin. ODB and M.O.P. were both Dame's ideas to sign and will stick with the ROC for a while.
              All the best Groups start with D:
              D12, D-Block, D-Elite, Dilated Peoples, DTP, Def Squad, and The Diplomats

Saigon...Just Blaze...Fort Knox...BLLLLLLLLAAATTT!!!

Comment

what about samatha ronson?

Comment

cant wait for Kweli's new mixtape
                  "Here's a thought for sweat shop owners: Air Conditioning. Problem solved."
                  -Mitch Hedburg

Comment

glad budden is gonna get his shot at a major label hopefully his next album will have better promotion and he can sell

Comment

thanks for the news
                      Dallas Cowboys

Derty PuDge

Los Angeles Lakers

Comment

Bleek is too under rated.

Comment

word bleek is to under rated.. way to overlooked.... cant wait for talibs new mixtape...

Comment

wish em would trim the fat on shady records tho

Comment

crazy shit

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by tkaxec, 09-24-2020, 11:10 AM
                              1 response