HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW Shyne Interview (He is A Cool Man)!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW Shyne Interview (He is A Cool Man)!!!!

The hype surrounding Shyne has dwindled but the rapper Ėstill serving a 10-year jail bid - has thoughts on everything from the presidential election to 50 Cent to life behind bars. Still seeking an appeal for a first-degree assault conviction, here is whatís going on with Jamal Barrow.

Lets talk politics. Any thoughts?

Bush [is] trying to hold on to be still the President. He had misled the country into going in to war in Iraq for weapons of mass destruction and there was no weapons and capturing Saddam. Now the country is in turmoil and troops are losing there lives for a war we didnít need to going into. He just wanted to go into Iraq to get oil not to liberate the Iraqi people from the Iraqi regime.

People know your gangsta side, but whatís up with your more positive side?

I did a public announcement on TV to get people to register to vote, a scholarship thing on BET.com, and Iíd rather give opportunity to the youth to achieve higher goals.

Mark Walhberg, Marky Mark, doing a documentary on you, right?

Heís Mark Walberg now, man. Heís making 20 mil a flick. He ainít no rapper, heís an Oscar nominated Hollywood bigwig. We actually producing a documentary together based on me, a bio-doc. This shit is actually a venture, too. With a film company, so thatís 50/50 right there with my film company called 13 Films. Iím not just a producer, we got a partnership with that. We gonna put out other movies as well.

Are people gonna see the inside of your current situation when they get into this? Will they see some of the things that we arenít able to see?

Yeah. As far as the bio-doc, absolutely.

How did the prisoners treat you? Rappers get treated in various ways when they go behind bars, how did they treat you?

Well, Iím not rapper and Iím not here for raping nobody. Iím not no child molester. Because thatís when you going to have a problem when you come in here. If youíre a rapo [rapist], if you a molesto [molester], then youíre a rat. Or you a homo. Those is the four no-noís. Iím none of those, and more important, Iím the exact opposite. I blazed my ratchet, I kept my mouth shut. So I didnít come in here as no rapper. My bodyguard wasnít the one that had the ratchet and I got a charge so I could be on the cover of the newspaper. They understood how real the situation was, they watched it on TV.

And they saw how I dealt with that, so they didnít look at as Shyne, they looked at me as the dude that was facing 25 years just like they was. Who kept his mouth shut just like they did. And whose co-defendant snitch on them just like me. And when I came in here, you know, Yeah, you know, itís Shyne, but it was more than that. They just finished watching a movie, and they just finished seeing how I handled that thing, and they understood, like, He let his thing go off. And obviously when I came in here first, anybody that stepped out of line, I let my thing go off then, too. So I set the precedent. Word got around quickly: Yo leave [Shyne] alone. He gonna let his thing go off. But

Iím a humble dude, I wasnít trying to prove no points. But once I let my thing go off here, and they knew I let my thing go off out on the town, it was like, Okay, he is what he is, so lets rock. I donít do drugs. Thatís where the problems come. Homos, drugs, if you a rat, if you a rapo, thatís when you gonna have problems. If you ainít none of those things and you an honorable dude, you ainít gonna have no problems.

Have you changed religion?

No, I have always been Hebrew. My great-grandmother is an Ethiopian ***. Thatís my heritage.

Do you still keep in touch with Conrad Muhammad, the Hip-Hop minister? He seemed to be a person that took a genuine interest in you during the early period when you were first going in.

I speak to him every now and then, you know. He was a friend of a friend. I didnít really know him, and he just saw what was going on and he felt nobody was standing up for me. Everybody was talking about the other guy and he just felt that I needed some support. But that had nothing to do with religion. I didnít really know him. I stayed in touch with him, obviously heís been concerned, but I really donít speak to very many people, but I definitely speak to him every now and then.

I spoke to Chaz from Blackhand Entertainment; he said he spoke to you, but has anybody else come forward to support you, or written you, or anything like that.

I mean, you know, just the rap songs to me was good enough. Whether it be Kanye when he go on 106 & Park, talking about Free Shyne, had the whole audience saying Free Shyne. Whether it be M.O.P. rapping about me, or little homie [Juelz] Santana rap about me. Whether it be Suge [Knight] going on the radio saying he trying to sign me. Or Irv, or whoever, I donít think you get any more support than that. I donít know if you read the VIBE, but you had M1 in there talking about me from dead prez. Across the board, man, itís been tremendous. Whether it be XXL giving me a tribute cover, which they only do for Big and Pac. Iíve never seen this type of support for a dude thatís still alive.

Do you have any thoughts on Anthony Wolfís [P.Diddyís bodyguard] murder?

That was my brother, but thatís the life we live. And God decides when we gonna lose that battle and when its time to move on from this planet. I attribute it to that. Nobody is gonna live forever. He lived his. He laid a lot of things down, and he did it. He enjoyed his life. My selfishness would have wanted me to be out there so we could some fun together, but thatís not my decision, man. Thatís Godís decision.

Do you know what happened with Scar [the man who was the adversary in the shooting]? Is he still alive?

I donít even know, bruh.

Do you hear the current Hip-Hop, rap music and stuff thatís going on in the industry?

I donít watch TV.

A lot of you appeal is the authenticity, but do you feel that a lot of people are getting over with images that may not be real?

For me, good music is good music. Thatís what was so funny about the boo-boo kid [50 Cent]. I was happy for him. It didnít matter to me if he was real. Cause he could be no realer than what I live with everyday. Thereís nothing realer than what I could through everyday. So for me, when I look at music, thereís nothing that could impress me. It was just a matter even though you might be talking about my life its how you sell it. If you convince the rest of these fools, man, more power to you. And the songs he made were hot. Thatís really all muthafuckas care about. Theyíll love you more if you authentic, but theyíll still love you even if they know that something fishy about you. Thatís just the way it is. I donít think a ***** got to be a tough guy to be hot, man. It does help if thatís what you gonna rap about to have some experience. But I donít think you gotta be a tough guy. It would help if muthafuckas just rapped the raps, talk about something else. But everyone wants to talk about being a gangster and being a mobster. But more power to them if they get over. I really donít care. Iím just focused on what I need to do and where I need to put my thing down. I understand everybody canít be me.

Well, a lotta people would have a problem doing a 10-year bid. You are looking for an appeal, but what if you donít get it?

I mean, four years ago seemed like a long term. This ainít my world. I didnít create this universe, so I donít call the shots. I just got to roll out. You know, its been pretty good to me, man four years later, not talking, I didnít say a word for 4 years. Some people thought I was crazy. It was like, ďHow you not gonna say nothing for 4 years?Ē Ainít nobody gonna know you. Now Iím one of the most known brands. Like Dr. Dre and Eminem, Iím right up there. I look at my history and have the greatest hopes for my future. If I didnít put out an album for 4 years and now Iím putting one out, that gives me another four years. Regardless of what happens, right? But anything can happen. And I donít live my life like, I got to be a superstar, I got to be doing movies. It Donít have to be. Nothing is promised to me. This [life] ainít mine, bruh. I lease it, I rent it, and Iíma enjoy it while I got it and when its gone, you know, hey, bye-bye.
    Song Of The Week
    EMINEM FT DR.DRE & 50 - ENCORE

"Crazy Insane or Insane Crazy when i say Hussein u say CZ"

props homie
    WOO WOO WOO, You Know it!

Comment

nice

Comment

propz
        Last edited by Itz_X4Change; 11-01-2004, 04:44 PM.
        TRUE HERO UNDER GOD

www.TRU 2DA GAME.com______

Comment

Shyne is the shit, i don't any other rappers that would sacrifice 8 yrs of their life by not snitching...
          Got enough bread
          And mad hoes, ask Beavis I get nuttin' Butt-head
          -Big L

They wanna know why I'm so fly
          A girl ask me for a ring and I put one around her whole eye
          -Big L

Comment

shyne is ***ish...damn lol
            "The glock stay on me and the knife's for backup, I'm comin to the Vibe Awards, I dare you to act up!"- Young Buck

Comment

Originally posted by *Olga17*
              shyne is ***ish...damn lol
              Fuck does that have to dowith anything?
              Got enough bread
              And mad hoes, ask Beavis I get nuttin' Butt-head
              -Big L

They wanna know why I'm so fly
              A girl ask me for a ring and I put one around her whole eye
              -Big L

Comment

Originally posted by Jumpmanmax
                Fuck does that have to dowith anything?
                "Have you changed religion?

No, I have always been Hebrew. My great-grandmother is an Ethiopian ***. Thatís my heritage."
                WOO WOO WOO, You Know it!

Comment

cool interview

Comment

nice find

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by tkaxec, Today, 10:50 AM