HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trick Daddy Speaks On New Label, Probation & Voting (FIZZA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trick Daddy Speaks On New Label, Probation & Voting (FIZZA)

After a two-year absence, Trick Daddy is poised to continue his platinum and gold success with his new LP about label swappin', 'thuggin' and Florida's political climate.

Since stepping on the scene in the late 90s, Trick has been releasing records on a yearly basis. Before Thug Matrimony, for the first time in his solid career, the Miami rapper took a lengthier hiatus in between releases.

"Slip-N-slide didn't get that money up," Trick told SOHH.com while playing Playstation 2's "Madden 2004." "Came to Atlantic. They got some fresh and new people here. We're doing big things right now."

In over 7 years in the game, Trick has deliberately included the word "thug" in 5 of his 6 albums. [www.thug.com, Book of Thugs, Thugs Are Us , Thug Holiday, Thug Matrimony] According to Trick, his penchant for 'thug' titles ensures that the public won't mistake his identity.

"I don't want them to get it twisted," he explained. "[A thug] is somebody with his own mind, somebody with his own heart, a democrat, a politician. Somebody that's really been in the struggle. Cause I have."

In recent months, Trick has landed his support to concerned citizens of Miami Dade County Schools. The group is aiming to end socio-economic imbalance and stress the importance of the voting turnout.

"It's part of my probation, but I always did it," Trick revealed. "Part of my probation is to tell kids not to use guns. Never say I didn't use a gun. Shit like this. It's a lot of tricks in it, but it's easy for me cause I have to keep it real. That's what I do."

A Miami native, Trick was home during the controversial Florida recount of the 2000 presidential elections. Before recollecting on the 2000 race, Trick shared that Miami citizens are expecting foul play in this year's elections.

"It was rough. It was hard. How they played all the citizens. How they played all the voters. Made them believe it was a vote actually going down when it wasn't. Made them think it was alright when it wasn't and made them think that they recounted," the Miami rapper offered. "Come on. They never recounted."

Trick Daddy's Thug Matrimony featuring Twista, Lil Jon, T.I., Ron Isley, Ludacris and production from Scott Storch, Jazze Pha and Minnesota is in stores now.
    Song Of The Week
    EMINEM FT DR.DRE & 50 - ENCORE

"Crazy Insane or Insane Crazy when i say Hussein u say CZ"

i'm coppin tricks shit

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Ken Kezzy, 02-25-2020, 02:53 AM
    3 responses