• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P. Diddy To Executive Produce For MTV

P. Diddy To Executive Produce For MTV
    Thursday - March 24, 2005
    by Carl Chery

After the success of "Making The Band 2", Sean "P.Diddy" Combs and Bad Boy Entertainment have reached a first-look deal to executive produce upcoming TV projects for MTV.

Diddy presently stars and serves as executive producer on "Making the Band 3". He's now scheduled to do consulting, developing and possibly appear in new shows under the MTV agreement. "It's a big step, my first TV executive producer deal," Puff said. "It gives me a chance to create content but it also doesn't limit me to do things outside."

Diddy and MTV have a long collaborative history. In addition to the Making The Band series, the two have also worked on several Combs-related events; including the "Vote Or Die" youth registration drive during 2004's presidential elections. "We've been there for each other throughout the years. We've been like a family," Diddy said in regards to MTV. The mogul added it was "all about who you have a history with."

According to MTV, Puff has once again generated high ratings with the ongoing Making The Band 3 series. The show follows Puff and his team as they field contestants to assemble an international all-girl group.

"P. Diddy is at the forefront of music, fashion, film, TV and entertainment in general, and he has been an integral part of MTV's success through the years," said Brian Graden, President of Entertainment at MTV Networks Music Group.

The workaholic mogul also said he plans to announce a wireless venture soon. "Everything is creating a content empire," Diddy explained. Diddy and MTV Films are currently developing an untitled heist flick.

sohh.com

awesome .. gotta love p diddy
    Da 'Cuse is in da house!!!!!!!

Comment

Diddy needs to sit down. His label is wack, and that Making of the Band lineup is even worse

Comment

bad boy was the shit

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
        GET $100 IN YOUR PAYPAL NOW
        $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Comment

Make money make money money
          100ten%

Comment

Originally posted by Schizo
            Diddy needs to sit down. His label is wack, and that Making of the Band lineup is even worse
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^
            -[Do You Need Acapellas and Instrumentals? Click Here for all the Free shit you can handle!]-

Comment

Haha yah Bad Boy is wack nowadays, especially with that group B5 (rofl), but gotta give the man props for all the success he's got in every other aspect of his life.

Comment

although MTB3 is rather weak, ya gotta give it up to Diddy. The man is a GENIUS! I used to be a big Southern Rap fan, and didnt really like Diddy (back in the days) But around the time MTB2 started, I really started paying this cat close attention. I mean, shit, look at all the different sources of INCOME this cat has, lol. Clothes, CDs, Movies, TV, what next? Diddy 4 Prez?

Comment

hes makin moves, gotta give the man props
                  For those who have to ask, no answer would suffice

Comment

I respect P.Diddy enven if I don't like everything he makes. Great man; Very clever. Even his foes admit it (ask Jada lol)

Comment

the only thing he ever had was Biggie..since then hes just become a media whore..Vote or die campaign,running the NYC marathon,another dumb season of his bitching about his "band" that he's creating wholl sell about 1,000 cds and never be heard from again

Comment

yep, all these mtv making the band shows is gonna make him jump the shark for good real soon keep it up puffy

all this has less and less to do with real rap , all this stuff the guys doing , yet hes considered by mainstream press as representing all hip hop or something .. i just wish hed seperate himself from the music part of it completely and therefore "keep it real"

hes good for throwing hip hop events and supporting the whole scene, you cant trash him completely, not yet anyways .. the man need to stay off of mtv

mtv is a fucking disease.. i remmeber when mtv2 came out like in 95 or something , it was tight, now even mtv2 is a piece of garbage with only viva la bam to save it ,,, i like viva la bam but even that has NOTHING to do with music .. MTV sucks. Em would never do this , Em went to Sirius , Puffy went to mtv who cares about an extra million now save your credibility puff!

Comment

No credibility, JUST A GREAT BUSINESS MAN. THAT CAT IS INTO EVERY MONEY MAKING VENTURE. BIG UP TO HIM. SMART AS HELL MAN,HE GONNA STAY THAT WAY TO. RICH AND BEAUTIFUL, WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT OR NEED NUTHIN. (THE TRUTH IS ALWAYS HARDER)

Comment

So what , i dont give a FUCK about a businessmen, most heads i know dont either

im into rap music always have been, Im sick and tired of hearing about this businessman shit , he sold out and hes continuing to sell out, which wouldnt be so bad if he wasnt on mtv every minute

its the music that suffers because of this shit, people actually bought that shit from the group on that show , that to me is so far away from when i first got on 2 turntables and rapped with my homies back in the 80s that its not even funny anymore

I dont look up to fucking rich billionaire fuckhead corporation owners , most of the time to get their they had to squash people... yes the fact that puffy didnt come from much and hes black and had the odds against him is cool. but as i was saying this has more and more less to do with rap

maybe puffy should be on cnn stock market report instead of mtv, if yall admire his business tactics so much

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by Nancystarkman, Today, 03:09 AM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post Nancystarkman  
                            Started by Nancystarkman, Today, 01:30 AM
                            0 responses