Stat Quo : Slicker Than Average

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stat Quo : Slicker Than Average

Stat Quo is four songs deep into every Southern rapper's worst nightmare being stuck in New York (on a brick-ass cold day, no less) rocking for a jaded crowd who wouldn't know a Southern hit if it elbowed them in the grill. But Stanley Benton Jr., 26, ain't one to lose his cool. Flashing a toothy grin from under the brim of his signature Atlanta Braves fitted, Stat Quo cuts the music to ask one simple question: "What, y'all too cool to move?"

But just because the Big Apple didn't get the bigger picture, don't think Stat Quo is your average Southern rapper, despite the name. There's the accent, for one a gravelly drawl so unique, even folks from around his way, East Atlanta, don't believe it's authentic. Then there's the flow a staggered way of cruising the beat that's half pimp, half battle cat, and all style. And finally, there's the deal: Stat Quo signed to Shady/Aftermath in late 2003, making him the only artist, besides 50 Cent, with a direct link to both Eminem and Dr. Dre.

"Everything I do is different from what's going on right now," he says later. And it's true. Quick, how many rappers with a major deal aren't college dropouts if they went at all? In 2000, Stat earned a double major in international business and economics from the University of Florida. And when was the last time you heard that a hustler didn't want to discuss his past? "I got some money, I made it flip, that's all you need to know," he says.

One thing's for sure, his skill speaks for itself. Just ask Slim Shady, who, along with Dr. Dre, snagged Stat after catching an earful of one of his Underground Atlanta mixtapes. "He's got a different sound for Shady," says Em. "The grimness of his voice will make people come back for more." Or, this spring, cop Stat's impressive debut, Statlanta, featuring production by DJ Toomp, Scott Storch, and, of course, Dre and Em. Folks who didn't get it on the first go-round will take note. "I hear motherfuckers say that I came out of nowhere," says Stat. "No I didn't. But if you took my CD and Frisbeed it, then yeah, I came out of nowhere." So, do you hear him now?

By Benjamin Meadows-Ingram

source : http://www.vibe.com/modules.php?op=m...rder=0&thold=0
    Last edited by BlackSlimShady; 03-28-2005, 03:50 PM.
    Tupac, Biggie, Eminem, Big Daddy Kane, Nas, Big Pun, Big L, Jadakiss, Kool G Rap, Rakim, Lupe Fiasco, Crooked I, Lil' Wayne, Andre 3000, Canibus, Lloyd Banks, Immortal Technique.

so this spring we will see statlanta?...i dunno im trying to figure out how all of these aftermath/shady records artists can have albums out...sooner or later they will have to compete against each other...i can see a stat quo vs tony yayo album battle

Comment

Tupac, Biggie, Eminem, Big Daddy Kane, Nas, Big Pun, Big L, Jadakiss, Kool G Rap, Rakim, Lupe Fiasco, Crooked I, Lil' Wayne, Andre 3000, Canibus, Lloyd Banks, Immortal Technique.

Comment

Finally. I've been waiting a long ass time for Stat to actually do something.

Comment

wheres that mixtape at?
          with chamilimillionare
          WOO WOO WOO, You Know it!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSlimShady
            Em. "The grimness of his voice will make people come back for more."
            incorrect.
            -[Do You Need Acapellas and Instrumentals? Click Here for all the Free shit you can handle!]-

Comment

maynnnneee y people hatin on quo
              thats sum shit
              even my boy above me dont like quo
              mayne fuck that shit
              dudes gonna have a tight album i know it
              www.djacv.com
              Stayin' for that Trill shit.
              Somthin' you can feel shit.
              Anythang else man, I don't even wanna deal wit.

Comment

^i agree...id expect to see....em, obie, maybe g-unit (def. buck), maybe D12, and or Busta.....and lets prey that we see the Doctor on that shit.....all im sayin is its gonna be like obies album....some nice ass collabs...

Comment

stat quos voice literally sounds like dat or a homo not even hating

ain't nothing special about him he is your everyday average

hes gonnabe the weakest link at shady/aftermath they got rid off hittman / rakim for someone like stat wtf

Comment

yea stat quo is trash....he has the best production, best promotion, best booking, best marketing, and so on yet he fails to do anything thats even better then what some emcees are doing straight off there computers by themselves...stat quos album wont release from what i hear, i also heard rumors from other people in the industry that shady is trying to drop stat quo if they cant get this album done
                    BACK IN DIS BBBIITCH
                    21-0

Comment

stat is got some hot songs waitin for his album to drop

Comment

stat quo is tight its shady/aftermath its got alot of potential to be a good album.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ ACV
                          maynnnneee y people hatin on quo
                          thats sum shit
                          even my boy above me dont like quo
                          mayne fuck that shit
                          dudes gonna have a tight album i know it
                          for the first time i agree with you. Stat had a nice ass verse on Spend Some Time and two nice verses on Walk With Me. I'm lookin forward to hearin some Young Buck over Eminem production on Stat's album. Maybe a collab with Em, Stat, and Buck.

So far I heard that the features are Eminem, Young Buck, and Devin The Dude. I hope they got more though.
                          Originally Posted by FaB514
                          You have to preserve the color of your skin or else everyone will be brown
                          Eminem started sucking ass after 8 Mile. He can't rap worth shit now.

fabbeddockamam

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSlimShady
                            Stat Quo is four songs deep into every Southern rapper's worst nightmare being stuck in New York (on a brick-ass cold day, no less) rocking for a jaded crowd who wouldn't know a Southern hit if it elbowed them in the grill. But Stanley Benton Jr., 26, ain't one to lose his cool. Flashing a toothy grin from under the brim of his signature Atlanta Braves fitted, Stat Quo cuts the music to ask one simple question: "What, y'all too cool to move?"

But just because the Big Apple didn't get the bigger picture, don't think Stat Quo is your average Southern rapper, despite the name. There's the accent, for one a gravelly drawl so unique, even folks from around his way, East Atlanta, don't believe it's authentic. Then there's the flow a staggered way of cruising the beat that's half pimp, half battle cat, and all style. And finally, there's the deal: Stat Quo signed to Shady/Aftermath in late 2003, making him the only artist, besides 50 Cent, with a direct link to both Eminem and Dr. Dre.

"Everything I do is different from what's going on right now," he says later. And it's true. Quick, how many rappers with a major deal aren't college dropouts if they went at all? In 2000, Stat earned a double major in international business and economics from the University of Florida. And when was the last time you heard that a hustler didn't want to discuss his past? "I got some money, I made it flip, that's all you need to know," he says.

One thing's for sure, his skill speaks for itself. Just ask Slim Shady, who, along with Dr. Dre, snagged Stat after catching an earful of one of his Underground Atlanta mixtapes. "He's got a different sound for Shady," says Em. "The grimness of his voice will make people come back for more." Or, this spring, cop Stat's impressive debut, Statlanta, featuring production by DJ Toomp, Scott Storch, and, of course, Dre and Em. Folks who didn't get it on the first go-round will take note. "I hear motherfuckers say that I came out of nowhere," says Stat. "No I didn't. But if you took my CD and Frisbeed it, then yeah, I came out of nowhere." So, do you hear him now?

By Benjamin Meadows-Ingram

source : http://www.vibe.com/modules.php?op=m...rder=0&thold=0
                            cool, thanx
                            don't get left behind..

Comment

No problem

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by bsdfiswew, Today, 08:40 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post bsdfiswew  
                              Started by basketballeven, 12-27-2020, 02:38 AM