X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Dre Impressed By D12

Dr. Dre Impressed By D12's Defiant Attitude

D12's debut Devil's Night has achieved gold sales status after just two weeks on the Billboard 200 album chart. The album, featuring group members Eminem, Kuniva, Kon Artis, Proof, Swifty McVeigh, and Bizarre, features production from Dr. Dre on "Ain't Nuttin' But Music," "Nasty Mind," "Fight Music," and "Revelation."
    Dre tells LAUNCH that he enjoyed working with the group because of their defiant attitudes. "I actually flew out to Detroit, and worked with them," he says. "I did four songs that are on the album and the D12 album is out of here. It's ridiculous. If you haven't like been able to tell already, I like the crazy, wild sh-t. The crazier the better. I like music that's on the edge and something that's going to be different, and people that are not afraid to say something that most people just think about. Just go on and make it wild. It's just for entertainment. That's all it is, is entertainment, and I love it."
    Dirty JIM

Re: Dr. Dre Impressed By D12

dre rules

Comment

Re: Re: Dr. Dre Impressed By D12

Originally posted by TommyClocker
      dre rules
      Yes he does! And that part about him flying here is true. I remember that and it was a closed session in the studio cuz Dre is a mad werk-a-holic perfectionist and doesnt liked to be bothered. They did Revelation which was the last song they completed for the album.
      Dirty JIM

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Dr. Dre Impressed By D12

Originally posted by Dirty JIM

Yes he does! And that part about him flying here is true. I remember that and it was a closed session in the studio cuz Dre is a mad werk-a-holic perfectionist and doesnt liked to be bothered. They did Revelation which was the last song they completed for the album.
        is that why the album got pushed back that often ?
        cause every1 was waiting for dre 2 fly over and do the last song?
        {btw your a werk-a-holic 2 }

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Dr. Dre Impressed By D12

is that why the album got pushed back that often ?
          cause every1 was waiting for dre 2 fly over and do the last song?
          {btw your a werk-a-holic 2 }
          Naw thats not why it got pushed back all them times. To be truthful I think Em is a little more of a perfectionist than Dre and he(Em) jess kept hammering at each song adding drums,guitars, etc and other music to the tracks so that he wasn't given out a halfass product.

Let me just put it like this from the first time I ever stepped into the studio I have had a such a greater respect for music and how its made. I mean if all you fans truly knew the man hours involved for just one song you would be mind boggled. One word "RIDICULOUS" hours put into a song.
          Dirty JIM

Comment

ok ok ok ok,

Give us an example of how long it took to make one of the songs on Devils Night.....

p-ce
            www.canibusworld.com

Comment

Originally posted by XPLICIT
              ok ok ok ok,

Give us an example of how long it took to make one of the songs on Devils Night.....

p-ce
              yo man just take it like he said it...
              there is a RIDICULOUS amount of hours put in just 1 song...
              what would it gain you 2 know exactly how many hours are put in a song
              [oh shit i didnt realize it was you jeno/X ]

Comment

Originally posted by XPLICIT
                ok ok ok ok,

p-ce
                Well I was in the studio from just about begining to end when they laid just the foundation for "Pimp Like Me" and what I mean by foundation is the basic beat pattern and vocals and that was 18hrs all in one day! And that doesnt include the bloughs, voiceovers, adlibs, adding extra music, or mixdown! So there is just a sample of one song. That song solely was worked on after that for like a week and a half. Take into consideration as well Mixdown a very tedious process in itself takes usally 10-12 hrs for just one song. If u dont believe me just ask anyone in the industry or ask Jason cuz he was up here in tha D and I took him to studio when they were mixin down American Psycho.
                Dirty JIM

Comment

OK,

Thanx alot JIM......
                  www.canibusworld.com

Comment

Damn that is ridiculious! But who cares? They got the album out and it was well worth it!
                    Who the hell do you think I am?!

Comment

lilsomethinsomethin

a while back before i got into eminem/d12 stuff i used to use napster and other type of software like it not really thinking about the hard work people put into making the songs or the money i was cheating them from, but more of how easy it was to get new songs.

well when i took my first trip to detroit and jim took me over to the studio where they were mixing down american psycho, i sat there for a few hours and watched the engineers mix it down, second by second, then going back and redoing it a few more times to make sure every single second of a song was perfect, and that wasn't even d12 it was just the engineers!

a few days later me and jim went to another studio where all of d12 were, they were making a clean version of purple pills and working on fight music some. of course the lyrics were already done and the beats were made so half the work was completed, but the amount of time they put into each persons vocals for each part of each song was insane. I sat and watched Em listen to half of someones verse over and over and over, stopping and saying how it could be better, telling the person to do this and that with their voice etc. jims exactly right, em's a major perfectionist and i think you would agree that it shows in the quality of his and d12's music.

you have no idea how much work goes into one song alone unless you have been there to watch. its a long process and they deserve all the credit in the world.
                      Derty JaSoN
                      RapBasement.com Network Administrator

Comment

gshit Jay

Comment

Re: lilsomethinsomethin

Originally posted by Derty JaSoN
                          a while back before i got into eminem/d12 stuff i used to use napster and other type of software like it not really thinking about the hard work people put into making the songs or the money i was cheating them from, but more of how easy it was to get new songs.

well when i took my first trip to detroit and jim took me over to the studio where they were mixing down american psycho, i sat there for a few hours and watched the engineers mix it down, second by second, then going back and redoing it a few more times to make sure every single second of a song was perfect, and that wasn't even d12 it was just the engineers!

a few days later me and jim went to another studio where all of d12 were, they were making a clean version of purple pills and working on fight music some. of course the lyrics were already done and the beats were made so half the work was completed, but the amount of time they put into each persons vocals for each part of each song was insane. I sat and watched Em listen to half of someones verse over and over and over, stopping and saying how it could be better, telling the person to do this and that with their voice etc. jims exactly right, em's a major perfectionist and i think you would agree that it shows in the quality of his and d12's music.

you have no idea how much work goes into one song alone unless you have been there to watch. its a long process and they deserve all the credit in the world.
                          stuff like napster is good tho.. 2 get unreleast stuff and freestyles...
                          i downloaded every singel d12/eminem song there is ....
                          but stil i bought all the cds... [ devils night twice]
                          i dont think downloading is wrong.. aslong as the artist gets his credit/$$

Comment

Re: Re: lilsomethinsomethin

stuff like napster is good tho.. 2 get unreleast stuff and freestyles...
                            i downloaded every singel d12/eminem song there is ....
                            but stil i bought all the cds... [ devils night twice]
                            i dont think downloading is wrong.. aslong as the artist gets his credit/$$
                            BUt like Jay said you really dont get a true understanding and respect for all the time and sweat until you get to see it.
                            Dirty JIM

Comment

ok

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by hgjhguiov, Today, 08:51 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view