HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad Boy reloads roster, set for HUGE 2006...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bad boy is average
    www.myspace.com/l_wiz_uk

Comment

Originally posted by j0hn
      clear is the biggest Diddy groupie
      only because i been following him since his days with Jodeci before he even made bad boy.
      My President Is Black

Comment

Forever will always get hated on because of P.E 2000

but that cd had some nice tracks. Satisfy You was a great track. Best Friend could been big i just dont think anyone was looking for a song praising God at the time on hip hop radio.

Real *****z was nice too just Biggies verse was years old to me because i heard that on the Mister Cee mixtape in like the mid 90s
        My President Is Black

Comment

Originally posted by Clear M3
          only because i been following him since his days with Jodeci before he even made bad boy.
          Damn, Clear took it way back on them katz, but that n^gga did produce [multi] platinum albums... for Jodeci & Mary J. Blige's debut album, "What's the 411?" mayne.
          TRUE HERO UNDER GOD

www.TRU 2DA GAME.com______

Comment

Originally posted by Itz_X4Change
            Damn, Clear took it way back on them katz, but that n^gga did produce [multi] platinum albums... for Jodeci & Mary J. Blige's debut album, "What's the 411?" mayne.
            haha yeah man

Diddy was trying to break Usher out before people even knew who he was.

Too bad he couldnt of kept Usher on Bad Boy into today. Once Jermaine Dupri got him he turned him into a star. But people need to give Diddy credit for bringing Usher into the industry with that Think Of You song when the kid was like 12 or 13.

I dont think people really think about how much hes contributed to r and b/hip hop

oh and Mary J Blige and Biggie - Real Love remix = CLASSIC
            My President Is Black

Comment

So the article at the start of this thread was completely fake 2:-$2

Comment

Originally posted by SnOoPaMaN
                no way out was no classic to me...

only victory and been around the world are evergreens...

shit even Puff Daddy Forever was better with that biggie track : Real *****z now that is a classic bad boy track....
                lol ur an idiot. wut about tracks like Its All About the Benjamins? that album was a classic, not only cuz it was actually good, but because of the flat out HYPE that it garnered when it came out. Do u think an album like GRODT is a classic because of the tracks? hell no, mainstream hype can push an album into classic status alone.

And ur last statement was terrible, i wont even address it.
                8 YEARS DEEP

Comment

10 years from well still be on top i thought i told you that we wont stop...he ain't on top but he's lasted for a long ass time

Comment

Notorious B.I.G. "Duets" album, coming in January.

i thought that was fake.. but guess not. cant wait..
                    aka Fifty0550

Comment

Originally posted by ml2niceguy
                      10 years from well still be on top i thought i told you that we wont stop...he ain't on top but he's lasted for a long ass time
                      Biggest producer/rapper turned business man. In his way, he's on top.

Comment

gross

Comment

Originally posted by RenegadeD12
                          Diddy's new album, tentatively titled "PD5," will be the last album from Diddy and his greatest work to date.
                          I don't think he'll ever be able to top his Biggie/Mase era, when he was releasing raw hits after hits. He's too commercial now and needs to realize there's a point in dead man's afterlife where you stop trying to make money of him. What a schmuck.
                          ..Still takin' my time to perfect the beat, and I still got love for the streets, it's the D-R-E...

Comment

Puffy did'nt try so much to make money of Biggie's death. He just put out one posthumous LP and one remastered edition of his first one (with two rare tracks). That's not so much. Stop blaming Puffy for everything. Most of the time, it's the artist themselves (Jay-Z, Michael Jackson, 50cent) who asked to use Biggie's voice for their song. Puffy was just okay with it.

But I agree with the fact that Born Again was below average, because of shitty songs like the CASH MONEY one. But there were some very cool tracks (the Junior Mafia Tribute, Dead Wrong, *****s, Rap Phenomenom, Would You Die For Me).

As for Bad Boy Entertainment, the empire is stronger than ever, but it's true that, as a record company, it has reached a low point. Mase's comeback wasn't a flop but it didn't hit like excepted... Historic (and profitable) artists like Faith & 112 left because they didn't get from Puffy the attention they deserve. Black Rob (the last successful) had all his drug problems (just like G-Dep). Mark Curry is DOA. The Band was a total fiasco. Loon's LP flopped, Mario Winans had only one hit....

Just hope that Puffy's comeback (the first street single, GODFATHER is dope) can help revive the label's past glory.

Comment

All of biggies sales and publishing i was told go to biggies kids. I doubt puff needs the money and it seems like he wants to make sure Biggies kids get the fortunes they would have gotten had their father still been alive. Diddy can be a dick but hes simply a businessman and i doubt he would take the food out of biggies kids mouths.

his publishing checks date back to the early 90s from TLC, Jodeci, Usher, LL Cool J, Mary J.Blige to his new acts of today. Also that publishing never ends. He gets 4 checks a year from ASCAP and i am sure they are very high.

Like i said pretty sure biggies cd sales and publishing are setup to go to his kids.
                              My President Is Black

Comment

Alot of good talk goin on in here......i'll address some of them...

Comparing No Way Out to Forever is tough, but we were also expecting No Way Out when we heard Forever so that wasn't fair either....No Way Out is a classic...I can go 1 through 18 on that cd and not have a bad song....EVERY track is fire....too many to name, Victory, BOTW, Do you Know, Young G's, Benjamins, Is this the End, Senorita......dammmmnnnn, so many classic tracks.

Forever was tight, but it wasn't No Way Out...

and Puff makes NO money, i repeat NO money off Biggie's joints now. Anything unreleased that goes to 50, Jay, and so on Diddy just ok's, he gets no money. He gets money for RTD and LAD, that's it.

As for Diddy and keepin his ear to the streets, i think he is starting too. It's obvious he is lookign for new talent, and he's beginning to find it, the man just has SUPER high expectations. He doesn't like to mold superstars, he wants natural born ones...Only a few of those come around, Biggie and Mase being two of them. Aasim should tear it up if he is marketed properly, and that will be very key.

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Monret, Today, 03:10 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Monret
                                by Monret

Started by touhidfiver1, Today, 06:45 AM