X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Young City, Formerly Chopper, Shoots New Video; Preps Bad Boy Debut

Young City, Formerly Chopper, Shoots New Video; Preps Bad Boy Debut
    By Jay Casteel & Larry "Scribe" Degale

Young City, aka Chopper of MTV's "Making The Band" fame, is back after laying low since the show's end back in May of 2004. The rapper recently shot the video for his single, "Lil' Daddy," which is featured on the soundtrack for "Hustle & Flow."

The video -- shot in New Orleans -- features Lil Wayne and Jody Breeze, and will serve as a re-introduction to the world, letting people know Chopper is back, and "never left."

"'Lil' Daddy" is mainly an introduction -- here I am, Chopper; I'm back," Young City told BallerStatus.net. "As a matter of fact, I never left. [The video is] showing my street, where I am from. I'm bringing it back to that 'Ha' with Juvenile, period! I'm hitting them with the 'Ha' -- with the '05 Ha!"

The New Orleans native is also preparing his Bad Boy South debut, entitled New Jack City, which he has recorded over 100 tracks for, thus far.

"I am the new jack in this game and my name is City," Young City told BallerStatus.net. "I got something to prove, ya feel me? I did over a hundred songs, but we’re going to release a minimum of 21."

The album will feature guest appearances from T.I., Lil' Wayne, Chingy and Jody Breeze to name a few, while production includes the works of DJ Toomp, Mannie Fresh, Diddy, and the Track Starz, among others.

In addition to preparing his debut, City recently dropped a mixtape with DJ Smallz called All Eyez On Me, which features all new material and exclusive freestyles. According to the rapper, it moved nearly 250,000 units in the streets the first day it dropped. Young City has also parlayed his reality show popularity in an endorsement deal -- using his name to sell pork skins with his face plastered on the bag. In addition, he is working on a new TV show and clothing line.

"I sold about 216,000 [mixtapes] the first day," City exclaimed. "I love working three times under pressure. That's how I succeed, that's how I work. That's why I’m selling pork skins (laughs), got a TV show coming out, and got some gear coming out. I ain't playing with them ni--as. I gots to eat and eats well."

Young City's debut, New Jack City, is due to late this year. His mixtape, All Eyez On Me, with DJ Smallz can be purchased right here at

BallerStatus.net

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by pdmhuqwdghko, Today, 01:45 AM
0 responses
1 view
0 likes
Last Post pdmhuqwdghko  
Started by Deborahlanker, 10-31-2020, 07:43 AM