News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News

-New York Announced Plans For Subway Surveillance System: 1,000 video cameras, 3,000 motion detectors...

(I)

-The director of the Tour de France claims Lance Armstrong has "fooled" the sports world and that the seven-time champion owes fans an explanation over new allegations he used a performance-boosting drug.

Tour director Jean-Marie Leblanc's comments appeared in the French sports daily L'Equipe on Wednesday, a day after the newspaper reported that six urine samples provided by Armstrong during the '99 Tour tested positive for the red blood cell-booster EPO.

"For the first time - and these are no longer rumors, or insinuations, these are proven scientific facts - someone has shown me that in 1999, Armstrong had a banned substance called EPO in his body," Leblanc told L'Equipe.

(I)

-American pop star Justin Timberlake on Wednesday won substantial libel damages from a British newspaper that claimed he had had an affair behind his girlfriend's back.

The News of the World paper claimed Timberlake, whose girlfriend is Hollywood actress Cameron Diaz, had an affair with model Lucy Clarkson while he was in Britain at the end of 2003 to promote his album "Justified."

But at London's High Court on Wednesday, the paper admitted the July 2004 story was fabricated and agreed to pay undisclosed substantial damages and said it would run a prominent apology.

(I)

-The Swedish unit of U.S. carmaker Ford Motor Co. is experimenting with a built-in breathalyzer and speed governor to reduce road accidents.
    Dan Johnston, spokesman for Volvo Cars of North America told ABC News it may take years -- if ever -- for the technology to make it into production vehicles, and said Volvo would likely be hard-pressed to get it adopted into cars destined for the U.S. market.
    The breathalyzer is part of the seat belt mechanism, and before the car will start, the driver must blow below .08 percent or less with the belt buckled. All 50 U.S. states have adopted .08 as the legal limit, while in Sweden, the legal limit is .02, or the equivalent of one drink.
    The test vehicle also is equipped with a special set of ignition keys that can be programmed to limit the car to preset speeds, which would enable parents to have control over inexperienced teenagers.
    Chuck Hurley, chief executive officer of Mothers Against Drunk Driving in Irving, Texas, said he is pleased Volvo is taking steps toward research and development, but is reserving judgment until he sees further scientific research and findings.

(I)

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by SamueleRiley, Today, 02:24 AM
1 response
0 likes
Last Post kmonahan  
Started by torchketousa, Yesterday, 11:24 PM
0 responses