Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chief Justice Rehnquist Dies at Home

from abcnews.com
    WASHINGTON Sep 3, 2005 Chief Justice William H. Rehnquist died Saturday evening at his home in suburban Virginia, said Supreme Court spokeswoman Kathy Arberg.

A statement from the spokeswoman said he was surrounded by his three children when he died in Arlington.

"The Chief Justice battled thyroid cancer since being diagnosed last October and continued to perform his dues on the court until a precipitous decline in his health the last couple of days," she said.

Rehnquist was appointed to the Supreme Court as an associate justice in 1971 by President Nixon and took his seat on Jan. 7, 1982. He was elevated to chief justice by President Reagan in 1986.

His death ends a remarkable 33-year Supreme Court career during which Rehnquist oversaw the court's conservative shift, presided over an impeachment trial and helped decide a presidential election.

The death President Bush his second court opening within pour months and sets up what's expected to be an even more bruising Senate confirmation battle than that of John Roberts.

Rehnquist, 80 and ill with cancer, presided over President Clinton's impeachment trial in 1999, helped settle the 2000 presidential election in Bush's favor, and fashioned decisions over the years that diluted the powers of the federal government while strengthening those of the states.

personally, dude was a lifelong racist and never stood by the issues i supported....i think his legacy should stay by the facts on what he stood for which was segregation, and i believe that once the rest of his generation of racists all pass away will be the only time when republicans will no longer hold office. because in my eyes the reason why people voted for bush were because they were inherintly racist, gullible fake religious fanatics, or greedy capitalists. all of that was William H. Rehnquist.

WWW.LIFEAFTERTHEOILCRASH.NET

WWW.LIFEAFTERTHEOILCRASH.NET WWW.LIFEAFTERTHEOILCRASH.NET

Comment

SHIT!!! Now Bush gets to nominate another person to try to make abortion illegal.
      Take each day one step at a time.

Comment

he was good at filling our prisons with pot smokers.
        the last vet.before everyone got vetted
        Originally posted by MarshallArts
        Who's got you quoted in their sigs? Are they as equally worthy as those that have sigged me? I just can't imagine it.

Comment

Originally posted by KINGB19
          SHIT!!! Now Bush gets to nominate another person to try to make abortion illegal.
          Don't make babies if u can't handle the responsibility
          R.I.P Baby Juda
          June 16th 2004 - July 15th 2004

Comment

R.I.P.

I never heard of him being a racist, but I know he was one of the ultra-conservative justices. This means our damn monkey president gets to add another justice to the Court, God damn.
            "If hip hop is dead then where the autopsy at?"

Comment

Originally posted by Tha 1 n Only
              Don't make babies if u can't handle the responsibility

So if you get raped you should keep that kid?????!! Stupid Bush supporting fuck.

Comment

ya seriously, fuck rehnquist, fuck bush, and fuck whoever he puts in this empty spot. and to Tha 1 n Only, that is the dumbest shit i've ever heard. you realize if you use a condom and your girl has the best birth control available, there's still a chance of pregnancy? bush would have us either raise a kid in poverty or not have sex, and neither of those are chill with me.
                and ya smokin4days, that's probably the best defense there is. what the fuck is a girl supposed to do in a situation like that?

SiNISTER
                Producer/Instrumental Artist
                ASPHYXIA - FULL LENGTH ALBUM - Ft. RICH QUIK, DZK, GRIME, WHITEOUT, PHATHOM, 5:AM, J.DERTY

http://www.myspace.com/sinisterbeats

Comment

Originally posted by Smokin4Days
                  So if you get raped you should keep that kid?????!! Stupid Bush supporting fuck.
                  Being raped is different, But if you are out there sleeping around then that's your own fault. And that's the chance you take when you have sex even if it's protected.
                  Last edited by Tha 1 n Only; 09-05-2005, 05:51 PM.
                  R.I.P Baby Juda
                  June 16th 2004 - July 15th 2004

Comment

everyone should read plessy v. fergason, to see this racist for what he is.
                    the last vet.before everyone got vetted
                    Originally posted by MarshallArts
                    Who's got you quoted in their sigs? Are they as equally worthy as those that have sigged me? I just can't imagine it.

Comment

Originally posted by NyTe^CRaWLeR
                      personally, dude was a lifelong racist and never stood by the issues i supported....i think his legacy should stay by the facts on what he stood for which was segregation, and i believe that once the rest of his generation of racists all pass away will be the only time when republicans will no longer hold office. because in my eyes the reason why people voted for bush were because they were inherintly racist, gullible fake religious fanatics, or greedy capitalists. all of that was William H. Rehnquist.
                      the office is inbred, its not like republicans will die out - we gonna have to kill them out, whether violently or non-violently.

Comment

Originally posted by Tha 1 n Only
                        Being raped is different, But if you are out there sleeping around then that's your own fault.
                        That is so middle-class-ignorance, it's not even funny. It's not their fault if they have a night shift or sumin.

Comment

thanks for the bad rep 1nonly...its clear to me you probably don't get any regardless...hope you and rehnquist have a good time talking about abortion in hell, cuz trust me that's exactly where that douchebag went. not having sex must free up a lotta time for bombing abortion clinics or whatever the fuck it is you do

SiNISTER
                          Producer/Instrumental Artist
                          ASPHYXIA - FULL LENGTH ALBUM - Ft. RICH QUIK, DZK, GRIME, WHITEOUT, PHATHOM, 5:AM, J.DERTY

http://www.myspace.com/sinisterbeats

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by oneshotc0, Yesterday, 10:04 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post oneshotc0  
                          Started by oneshotc0, Yesterday, 10:01 AM