• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Jackson to Record Hurricane Relief Song

Michael Jackson to Record Hurricane Relief Song

Created: Tuesday, 06 September 2005

Michael Jackson to Record Hurricane Relief Song Fundraising Project titled:
    From the Gulf to the Gulf

Within 24 hours, Mr. Jackson will be reaching out to other recording superstars asking that they join him in this project to aid victims of Hurricane Katrina

Washington, D.C. . In response to the widespread devastation wrought by Hurricane Katrina, Recording Superstar Michael Jackson has been moved to pen a song, with the working title, From the Bottom of My Heart.

Hoping to rekindle the success of We Are the World, which he wrote and produced, and which raised millions of dollars for aid to Africa, Mr. Jackson will be enlisting, within the next 24 hours, the involvement of other recording superstars to join him in this project. It is his intention to record this record within the next two weeks.

It pains me to watch the human suffering taking place in the Gulf Region of my country, says Mr. Jackson. My heart and prayers go out to every individual who has had to endure the pain and suffering caused by this tragedy. I will be reaching out to others within the music industry, to join me in helping to bring relief and hope to these resilient people who have lost everything.

The song will be recorded on 2 Seas Records, a label owned by Prince Abdulla Hamad Alkhalifa of Bahrain. All proceeds from the sale will be donated to the victims of Hurricane Katrina.

Further details will follow.

Source: Raymone K. Bain
    Peep out my new track - "Whaleface (Reintroduction)"

L O S T

Your avatar gives me needs.
    My other aliases:
    The West is Back
    Masai
    justp1ayin
    The Man

Comment

good on him props for the news

Comment

no little boys will be molested in the process of making this song i hope

Comment

^^ lol

hmmm is this jacko tryin to win the public over after his court case...
          No One Will Ever Understand Me, I'm Just Too Complicated...
          http://www.***************/forums/index.php
          UNITED 'TILL I DIE

Comment

That's cool, I guess...
            Now let the night be dark for all of me.
            Let the night be too dark for me to see
            Into the future. Let what will be, be.'

Comment

Originally posted by CHSTR
              ^^ lol

Or maybe he is actually trying to help people in need?
              "I'm everything you need ,so tell me what's the deal"

Comment

Originally posted by CHSTR
                ^^ lol

LOL, are you serious??? Michael is more well known for this kind of stuff than he is for his music. You say "win the public over" as if it's unusual for him to put out a song like this. Ever heard of "We Are The World," "Man In The Mirror," "Heal The World," "Earth Song," "Cry," "What More Can I Give?" or "We've Had Enough"???? He's donated $500 million to a single charity on more than one ocassion, and he's listed in the Guiness Book of World Records as the celebrity who supports the most charities. Not only that, but uhh...you know that whole Neverland thing? The press only covers the stories that they can spin something from, but Gavin isn't the only kid who's life Michael has saved. I don't know if you remember this...but when Gavin came to Michael, the doctors said to start planning for his funeral, because he had only a few weeks to live. Even the Arvizo family themselves will tell you that it's because of Michael their son is alive today. You know how many orphanages and hospitals Michael visits, just to bring the kids presents; to bring a shred of joy into the lives of children who are sick and dying? To this day, he's probably visited over a thousand. He's certainly visited more hospitals than he has done concerts. But, of course, the press doesn't cover that because it's good news...they want bad news.

Also, how many times have you heard of the orphanages and children's hospitals that Michael has had built in third world countries and other needy corners of the world?

Michael even has his own charity, which has raised over a billion dollars to "healing the world," called the Heal The World foundation.

So, no, I don't think this is Michael Jackson trying to win the public over after his trial. This is Michael Jackson doing what he's always done, and still does on a daily basis.
                Peep out my new track - "Whaleface (Reintroduction)"

L O S T

Comment

Whoa, i've always been a fan of Michael and known he's done great charity work, but not *that* much. Pretty damn impressive. Good on the guy for helping in this situation, i'm sure he would of done the same for the Boxing Day tsunami's if he wasn't on trial (I think he was at least).

Comment

I like Mike.
                    "Say you rollin on dubs, I'll roll over ya shit in a tank/
                    I'm th greatest rapper since _____, fill in th blank/"

Comment

I don't think its fare to say hes trying to win over the public, regardless of the trial, hes always cared a lot and donated a lot of money to charity.

Comment

Good News
                        www.bigroncoleman.com

Comment

he made thriller.... thriller
                          THEY SCARED TO DEATH, THEY SCARED TO LOOK, THEY SHOOK...
                          CAUSE AINT NO SUCH THING AS HALF WAY CROOKS

BATTLES:9
                          WON: 9
                          KO'S: 9

Comment

Who cares?
                            HEADSHOTS; NIGGA FUCK YO VEST

www.***********.info

Comment

Originally posted by Freestyla122
                              LOL, are you serious??? Michael is more well known for this kind of stuff than he is for his music. You say "win the public over" as if it's unusual for him to put out a song like this. Ever heard of "We Are The World," "Man In The Mirror," "Heal The World," "Earth Song," "Cry," "What More Can I Give?" or "We've Had Enough"???? He's donated $500 million to a single charity on more than one ocassion, and he's listed in the Guiness Book of World Records as the celebrity who supports the most charities. Not only that, but uhh...you know that whole Neverland thing? The press only covers the stories that they can spin something from, but Gavin isn't the only kid who's life Michael has saved. I don't know if you remember this...but when Gavin came to Michael, the doctors said to start planning for his funeral, because he had only a few weeks to live. Even the Arvizo family themselves will tell you that it's because of Michael their son is alive today. You know how many orphanages and hospitals Michael visits, just to bring the kids presents; to bring a shred of joy into the lives of children who are sick and dying? To this day, he's probably visited over a thousand. He's certainly visited more hospitals than he has done concerts. But, of course, the press doesn't cover that because it's good news...they want bad news.

Also, how many times have you heard of the orphanages and children's hospitals that Michael has had built in third world countries and other needy corners of the world?

Michael even has his own charity, which has raised over a billion dollars to "healing the world," called the Heal The World foundation.

So, no, I don't think this is Michael Jackson trying to win the public over after his trial. This is Michael Jackson doing what he's always done, and still does on a daily basis.
                              whoa..easy...i was only jokin...i know jacko aint doin this to win people over...and i've only heard one song by jacko about the world i dunno what its called but its goes on about summat like all the children starving n stuff...i think it was about the povery in africa but i aint 100% sure...
                              No One Will Ever Understand Me, I'm Just Too Complicated...
                              http://www.***************/forums/index.php
                              UNITED 'TILL I DIE

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Deborahlanker, Today, 11:39 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes