No announcement yet.

Celebs sadden by Hurricane Katrina.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celebs sadden by Hurricane Katrina.....

Some good stuff... don't know if it was posted got it in an email..
    lazy ass bush administration

CELEBRITIES SADDENED BY KATRINA RESPONSE

With celebrities like John Travolta, Sean Penn, and Chris Rock lending a hand in the Hurricane Katrina recovery efforts, others are letting their words make their mark. Colin Farrell, Matt Damon, and Jamie Foxx are just a few famous faces who have publicly spoken out against the federal response to the disaster.

Colin Farrell told Access Hollywood, "If it was a bunch of white people in the Hamptons, I don't have any doubt there would have been every single helicopter, every plane, every means that the government has to help these people."

Jamie Foxx volunteered at a shelter for victims of Hurricane Katrina at the Dallas convention center and on yesterday's (September 6th) Oprah Winfrey Show, said he'll never forget a 62-year-old man's words about how Americans were mistreated in the aftermath of the storm: ["What he couldn't take was the blatant disregard for someone like your grandmother -- 80 years old, sitting there, nobody coming to help her. It should never happen. These people are Americans. Some of the things that have been said and everything has just been so sad, that we would treat our folk like this. And, it's a day I won't forget soon."]

Musician Harry Connick Jr., who waded through flooded New Orleans streets looking for stranded residents, said, "This is the United States and it's going to take me a long time to wrap by head around the fact that these people weren't helped sooner. It's not like they died in a hurricane, they died because they starved to death three or four days later in bright blue skies."

Sean Penn told Britain's GMTV, "There are people dying and the U.S. government is not putting the boats in the water, I think that's criminal negligence. I don't think anybody ever anticipated the criminal negligence of the Bush administration in this situation."

Matt Damon
    told Access Hollywood that he supported rapper Kanye West's comments about President Bush during NBC's Katrina benefit Friday (September 2nd), "The press doesn't ask the President any questions, so he never has to defend any of his policies. So this guy with his moment on live TV made a statement that, hopefully, now Bush will come out and address."

Not all celebrities are critical of the hurricane response. Instead of focusing on the negative aspect, Sahara star Matthew McConaughey ventured to a church shelter in Zachary, Louisiana that's housing 130 displaced people. As he said on the Oprah Winfrey Show, his experience there made him believe that the disaster should be about helping and sharing with others: ["I didn't necessarily understand the scope of it. I'm still trying to digest that. I think we're all going to have to digest for some time. There's so much work to do. The one thing that is pure about helping out with a tragedy like this is service, share what you have, and that's the best way we can help."]
    Joop Gruis is my supplier

PS Fuck a middle man, I'm Columbian I am the connect

Why u coppin him bathin apes, cuz he the type to work in a zoo bathin apes

good read therealashland
    All i can be is me so please accept me

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealAshland
      Sean Penn told Britain's GMTV, "There are people dying and the U.S. government is not putting the boats in the water, I think that's criminal negligence. I don't think anybody ever anticipated the criminal negligence of the Bush administration in this situation."
      YEAH!! this is one of the actually intellegent "celebrities".

Comment

there is so much not being done and what is being done is very little..
        gotta love america

Comment

yeah it hurts to see this shit going on. i have peeps down in louisiana. all i can do is pray cuz they dont want us going down there. say its causing too much confusion. my heart goes out to everyone.

Comment

but celebs are easily saddened

like that africa song with dizzee rascal

Comment

If these celebs are so saddened then why dont they donate everything they have in their bank accounts instead of crying with everyone and then going back to eat brunch off of rodeo drive

Comment

then who is going to help them?

Comment

Originally posted by Dub9xx
                  If these celebs are so saddened then why dont they donate everything they have in their bank accounts instead of crying with everyone and then going back to eat brunch off of rodeo drive
                  word - fucking celebrities

then who is going to help them?
                  maybe they should give a couple of millions each, then MAKE SURE IT TURNS INTO AID WHICH GETS TO N.O., and not get "stuck" in the Red Cross' bank accounts, or get aid "stuck" outside N.O. in warehouses or Wal-Mart trucks.
                  "If FEMA replied to Katrina like Wal-Mart did, then the situation would be nowhere near as bad as it is now" - Aaron Broussard
                  Last edited by Kandid; 09-07-2005, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Where's the source from? Need to know so I can write about this in my school essay

Comment

DON'T KNOW..
                      recieved it in an email yesterday

Comment

Colin Farrell told Access Hollywood, "If it was a bunch of white people in the Hamptons, I don't have any doubt there would have been every single helicopter, every plane, every means that the government has to help these people.
                        Collin farrel should shut the fuck up and go back to europe.

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Deborahlanker, Today, 10:00 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post Deborahlanker  
                        Started by Deborahlanker, Today, 08:25 AM
                        0 responses