TI & Fat Joe Hit Radio To Raise Over $250,000 for Katrina's Hood Victims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TI & Fat Joe Hit Radio To Raise Over $250,000 for Katrina's Hood Victims

As Hurricane Katrina survivors and refugees continue to fight for survival, T.I. has already raised thousands to support David Banner's local charity while Fat Joe will hit Miami radio today for a Red Cross drive.

This past Labor Day, T.I. appeared on air at Atlanta's V 103 FM for over seven hours and asked listeners to chip in and help the victims of the hurricane. The self-proclaimed "king of the south" led the way by donating $50,000 and helped raise more than $263,000 for Katrina relief. The proceeds will go to David Banner's Heal the Hood Foundation which will be used directly to help families devastated by Katrina from Banner's home state, Mississippi.

T.I. is also joining Banner and Young Jeezy for an extensive food and clothing drive. The event started at the ATL's Club Vision yesterday and is slated to end at 9 p.m. today. Club Vision is located at 1068 Peachtree Street NE. Organizers are asking all interested in donating to bring items like clothing, non-perishable food and drinks, children's toys and games and radios and flashlights with batteries.

Meanwhile, Fat Joe, alongside DJ Khaled, are scheduled to host The Takeover on Miami's 99 JAMZ today. The don will be on the air from 6 to 10 p.m. and hopes to help raise money for Hurricane Katrina's victims during his shift on the radio.

"I have been watching all the coverage on the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. I had to get myself involved in some type of fundraising event for the survivors of this hurricane and tragedy. Since I live in Miami it was a perfect opportunity for me to host The Takeover on 99 JAMZ and help raise money for all those affected," Joe stated.

"The Hip-Hop community needs to band together and help out through monetary donations. I feel honored that I'm even in a position to help out. I'm personally donating $25,000. Listeners can call into the 99 JAMZ hotline tomorrow at 305-567-5780 between 6-10pm. But we really want everyone to donate to the Red Cross at 1-800-HELP-NOW."

Source: http://www.sohh.com/thewire/read.php?contentID=7508
    hell naw!

props to them. tryin times right now
    R.I.P.
    MICHAEL
    "KING OF POP"
    JACKSON

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse