The Game Loses To Tony Yayo in Sales Battle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Game Loses To Tony Yayo in Sales Battle

The Game's plan to sabotage Tony Yayo's first week sales by urging fans to re-purchase his own Documentary album appears to have been foiled, though the Compton lyricist did benefit from a small sales boost.

Yayo's Thoughts of a Predicate Felon hit stores last Tuesday and dropped in at #2 on the Billboard 200 charts by selling 214,687 CDs units according to Nielsen's Soundscan. Simultaneously last week, The Game's The Documentary sold 7184 copies - just 166 more than it did the prior week.

As previously reported by SOHH.com, to disrupt sales of Yayo's album, Game called on all his fans to hit stores and cop a second copy of The Documentary. He sent the message via numerous online forums, including Chuck Taylor's www.theblackwallstreet.com.

The message read, "The day Yayo's album drop, I want everyone who can to go out and re-cop The Documentary! Anyone who does so can send the album in to The Black Wallstreet offices & I will personally sign it & send it back with a copy of my new mixtape Ghost Unit (Life After 300 Bars). If you can't afford it, don't do it but if you can let's go out & kill these motherfucker's until 50 & Sha is Irv Gotti & Ja Rule. G-Unot!"

Hurricane Game's "public service announcement" was also sent out in mp3 format from "the nice folks at Black Wall Street Records" and was being distributed across the web by Game supporters, who vowed to support Game's plan and re-buy The Documentary on August 30th, the day Thoughts of a Predicate Felon was released.

The Game's Documentary has been out since January 18th and has sold 2,203,004 sets to date according to Soundscan.
    Originally posted by Danny
    me and mano spent fuckin hours EVERY day for like a week gathering info about you from myspace/facebook etc., adding your friends to msn and shit
    we put in work

no shit
    true ^

Comment

Did he seriously think that everyone would go out and re-buy an album that they already have? The only person who cares about this whole 'g-unot' thing is the game himself. Perhaps he'll realize that now.
      Derty Andrew - Basically Rex Harrison in an infant's body.

Comment

To bad for Game.
        " I won't deny it, I'm a straight rider...You don't want to fuck with meeeee... Got the police rushing at meeeee...But they can't do nothign toa Geeeee" - The Late Great 2Pac!

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Deborahlanker, Today, 11:39 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post Deborahlanker  
        Started by Deborahlanker, Today, 10:30 AM