Bush Denies Racial Bias in Katrina Response

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kandid
    Just cos you write in the colour "plum", and in the font "Tahoma", it doesn't make you special. The same goes for your inability to hit the space bar.
    Did I ever say it made be special? It's easier to notice my posts when I write in a color. And that is the last time I'm saying that.

I obviously did the period thing on perpose.

Originally posted by Confusious
    At least Clinton never tried to start a war over fucking oil.
    I never said Bush was better than Clinton. I was just stating a fact.
    I <3 JMart.
    "The Craig Machine"
    ^Buy it.

-Justine
    Props to Kali for the avatar. RIP Proof.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueEyes71304
      I never said Bush was better than Clinton. I was just stating a fact.
      if you weren't talking about bush being better than clinton, it was a pretty random useless fact to state. you might as well go bush.lost.a.bike.race.to.lance.armstrong while youre at it.
      And now we ooze it through they nooks and crannies, so our mommas ain't got to be they cooks and nannies... and we gon' repo everything they ever took from granny.

Comment

Originally posted by Mai
        if you weren't talking about bush being better than clinton, it was a pretty random useless fact to state. you might as well go bush.lost.a.bike.race.to.lance.armstrong while youre at it.
        haha

Comment

Originally posted by Mai
          No. It's just something most people don't know.
          I <3 JMart.
          "The Craig Machine"
          ^Buy it.

-Justine
          Props to Kali for the avatar. RIP Proof.

Comment

bullshit
            Vitamin water ladies and gentleman,
            Vitamin water,
            i dont even have to rap now, life is made

Comment

And most people don't know that Bush lost that bike race? Fuck, I didn't know.

As far as I'm concerned, I'll see you in hell if your one of those stupid fucking Bush groupies that would shine up his ballsack given the opportunity.
              Last edited by Confusious; 09-13-2005, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Q Did they misinform you when you said that no one anticipated the breach of the levees?

THE PRESIDENT: No, what I was referring to is this. When that storm came by, a lot of people said we dodged a bullet. When that storm came through at first, people said, whew. There was a sense of relaxation, and that's what I was referring to. And I, myself, thought we had dodged a bullet. You know why? Because I was listening to people, probably over the airways, say, the bullet has been dodged. And that was what I was referring to.

Of course, there were plans in case the levee had been breached. There was a sense of relaxation in the moment, a critical moment. And thank you for giving me a chance to clarify that.

Q Mr. President, where were you when you realized the severity of the storm?

THE PRESIDENT: I was -- I knew that a big storm was coming on Monday, so I spoke to the country on Monday* morning about it. I said, there's a big storm coming. I had pre-signed emergency declarations in anticipation of a big storm coming.

Q Mr. President --

THE PRESIDENT: -- which is, by the way, extraordinary. Most emergencies the President signs after the storm has hit. It's a rare occasion for the President to anticipate the severity of a storm and sign the documentation prior to the storm hitting. So, in other words, we anticipated a serious storm coming. But as the man's question said, basically implied, wasn't there a moment where everybody said, well, gosh, we dodged the bullet, and yet the bullet hadn't been dodged.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If he had pre-signed emergency declarations in anticipation of a big storm coming what the hell took them so long?

"Of course, there were plans in case the levee had been breached." - Bush

Comment

actually it's very common knowledge if you were done with elementary school at the time (meaning you're over like 14). it was kind of all over every news place at the time.
                  And now we ooze it through they nooks and crannies, so our mommas ain't got to be they cooks and nannies... and we gon' repo everything they ever took from granny.

Comment

Clinton.bombed.Iraq.
                    Bush.invaded.Iraq.you.Stupid.fool (I)

Comment

What The Fuck!!! Obviously Hes Gonna Deny It...nobody Is Gonna Admit To Being Racist.......not Even Joe Blow On The Corner Of The Street Let Alone The President.....anybody Would Know His Response
                      Think, Act, Make & Spend Money Like A True Business Individual A.K.A. A Baller.

Business To Bling - The Realest Blog On Creating Wealth

Gold Plated Executive Gifts

Comment

id love 2 see bush say "fuck kanye!"haha

you use our music to escape while we dont have that luxuary/
                        u say u can relate but your just being entertained trust me(nappy mc)

Comment

Originally posted by Confusious
                          They kick Clinton out of office for getting a blowjob, but they're letting Bush get away with this?

This is what's wrong with America. You're all a bunch of fucking idiots.
                          Actually, Clinton used up his terms.

Comment

The fact of the matter is that the state and local governments are too blame, if anybody is. Everybody knew a major, major storm was coming. Most newscasters were saying that everyone that stayed behind had a good chance of dying. Yet, people stayed behind anyway.

Those that stayed behind by choice were stupid, plain and simple. For those that couldn't evacuate: there should have been a plan. Buses should have taken out the elderly and poor that didn't have transportation. You can't blame the federal government, and especially not the President, that this didn't happen. New Orleans was the city that seeminly had no plan (except to send everybody to the Superdome) even though everybody knew this storm would eventually come. Any category 4 or 5 storm would have breached the levees....and category 4 storms are not that uncommon.

The response was slow because there really was not much we could do. There was 6 feet of water on the streets and men shooting at helicoptors for heavens sake. What could we have done? Sent troops to swim through the water?

Comment

Also, about Clinton.

First of all, Clinton did not get kicked out of office. Second, he got in trouble for lying under oath, not for getting a blowjob. Clinton was a great president, IMO, but he deserved to get impeached because he lied under oath. If he had admitted to having sex with Monica, he would have gotten hell from Republicans, but wouldn't have gotten impeached.

Lots of ignorance on this thread.

Comment

I voted for Kerry, by the way. I don't think Bush is a good president at all, but to say he is racist is fuckin stupid, as is to say he is too blame for the aftermath of Katrina.

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by mariagarcia, Today, 06:25 AM
                                7 responses
                                1 view
                                0 likes
                                Last Post mariagarcia  
                                Started by seroibvnyt, Today, 12:47 AM