HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3/24/06 Marc Ecko wants you to protect your rights youngins....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3/24/06 Marc Ecko wants you to protect your rights youngins....

http://www.eckounltd.com/community/p...urrights.shtml

PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS
    Most Americans probably do not know this but if you are under a certain age in many states you are denied the right to purchase spray paint for school projects, permission pieces, and other legal forms of creative expression. You must have your parent or another adult purchase it for you.

In New York City, even though you may vote and die for your country at 18 you may not purchase spray paint unless you are at least 21 years old. In some parts of Nevada, it is a crime to carry spray paint if you are under 18 without the express permission of your parent of guardian. These are just two examples of many.

While our elected officials may think they are "protecting society" when they come up with these types of laws, they seem to completely forget about the fundamental rights granted to all Americans in our First Amendment. That is, our Freedom of Speech. That failure was clearly put on display when New York City unsuccessfully tried to stop Marc Ecko's block party last August.

So, once again, Marc Ecko has decided to fight back against government's trampling of citizens' rights and is looking for your help. Marc is looking for you to help us fight to give young artists the right to express themselves... Marc is looking for you to help wage war against censorship and the government's encroachment on our right to be free.

If you are under 18 (or under 21 in New York City), and you want your voice to be heard in the fight for creative freedom, just email [email protected] stating your name, age, city and state of residence, and your telephone number and someone from Ecko Unltd will contact you and let you know how you can participate. You do not have to have been denied the right to purchase spray paint because of your age, although those instances will be more helpful in our fight for justice. You will be able to assist in this fight if you simply engage in school projects, permission pieces, and other legal forms of creative expression via graffiti art, and thus these unconstitutional laws have impeded your ability to purchase the tools you need for your creative expression.

We thank you for your continued support.

WWW.LIFEAFTERTHEOILCRASH.NET

WWW.LIFEAFTERTHEOILCRASH.NET WWW.LIFEAFTERTHEOILCRASH.NET

thx
    mr. poop chute banger says....
    Homeland Security Advisory System
    http://www.dhs.gov/xinfoshare/progra...ease_0046.shtm
    is wrestling fake?
    http://www.wimp.com/fake/

Comment

i'm not opposed to people tagging, but do it on private property only where it has been approved. you don't have a 1st amendment right to deface other people's property...

-------------------------------------------------------------
      The Green Chronic, Demonic, yep yep, don't worry I'm on it.
      -------------------------------------------------------------
      WWW.NORML.ORG

Comment

I like graffiti, some of it looks really nice. However, I don't want some motherfucker doing that shit to my walls.

Besides, I doubt Ecko writes up much anymore, he's probably too busy rolling around in his money.
        "Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile."
        - Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

^ lol
          OH HAI!

Comment

Ecko Unltd. =

Comment

I dont do private property. It's legal to get cans round here 8)

Go Ecko.
              ..Friend of the People

Comment

its not just spray paint...years ago, we would be told that we couldn't buy certain markers, like paint markers, and black hardcover sketchbooks ("blackbooks") because we might use those objects to do graffiti...

well, they were right except that if we bought the paint markers and the blackbook, it was to do graffiti in the blackbook, which is so legal that to refuse sale of it would be downright totalitarian...

Pecks managers are incredibly stupid...

im surprised at Ecko though; a real graf head always racks paint ...

Comment

our rights are slowly slipping away from us in the united states
                  FUCK YOU BITCH!!!! YEA YOU

Comment

Originally posted by jolpugh
                    i'm not opposed to people tagging, but do it on private property only where it has been approved. you don't have a 1st amendment right to deface other people's property...
                    I agree. That is the reason that government has taken a stand
                    and created laws against the sale of spray paint. I do not see it as
                    censorship on our right to freedom of speech. We have our right to
                    freedom of speech but defacing others personal property in the
                    process is a crime and can not be considered infringement on our
                    right to freedom of speech. It is like we have freedom of speech
                    but have to also be responsible for what we say. There are laws
                    against slander and libel. These laws are to protect us from others
                    doing harm against us with words written or oral. There is a give
                    and take to it all. The spray paint laws would not be on the books
                    if it were not for the defacing of private property.

Comment

Originally posted by Tone Riggz
                      its not just spray paint...years ago, we would be told that we couldn't buy certain markers, like paint markers, and black hardcover sketchbooks ("blackbooks") because we might use those objects to do graffiti...
                      well, they were right except that if we bought the paint markers and the blackbook, it was to do graffiti in the blackbook, which is so legal that to refuse sale of it would be downright totalitarian...
                      Pecks managers are incredibly stupid...
                      im surprised at Ecko though; a real graf head always racks paint ...
                      well, if an officer sees you with a black book, he'll wanna take a look at it, which leads to problems.

and yeah, the only time i bought paint was the 1st night i bombed. aside from that, who pays for paint? ha
                      treated.

Comment

Originally posted by Realize
                        our rights are slowly slipping away from us in the united states

shit u hear about police locking people up in bars for being drunk lmao but still thats not FUNNY!! thats our rights they're fucking with those assholes.
                        Originally posted by HoaX
                        50 it's over. you arent the best and never will be, your candle is about to burn out

Comment

so i can tag in the UK soon?(without going againts the law)
                          its time to cut the..
                          BUll SHit
                          NOT-YET-A-RAPPER

Comment

Damn I didn't know you couldn't buy cans without adult supervision. Thats something new to me, but I'm glad Ecko is taking a step forward in fighting against censorship. However, I do agree that graffiti on a person's personal property is kind of fucked up if he/she did not deserve it. They should stick to subways and such.

LOLZ BUT I DO MY PIECES WITH SHARPIE MARKERS IN MY BOOK, OMGZ. I really want to do it with paint though, it looks so much better.

YOU MAD?!

Acid Rap Nation

R.I.P. Big Proof

Comment

Stick to making clothes. No one cares about what you have to say politically. Same with Eminem; stick to making music.
                              ------------------------------------------
                              Originally posted by kEgBeGgEr
                              I don't have a problem with gays, in fact I wouldn't mind sharing a room with one

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by DorothyDBoland, 11-25-2021, 10:21 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Kate1415  
                              Started by WesleyDrake, Yesterday, 08:48 AM
                              0 responses