X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• march 25-Immigration rally in L.A. one of city's largest -- ever

Immigration rally in L.A. one of city's largest -- ever
    Proposed legislation targets immigrants, employers, Samaritans

Saturday, March 25, 2006; Posted: 7:47 p.m. EST (00:47 GMT)

Immigrant rights advocates say the legislation being considered in Congress is inhumane.

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Tens of thousands of immigrant rights advocates from across Southern California marched Saturday in protest of federal legislation that would build more walls along the U.S.-Mexico border and make helping illegal immigrants a crime.

The march followed rallies on Friday that drew throngs of protesters to major cities around the nation.

On Saturday, demonstrators streamed into downtown Los Angeles for what was expected to be one of the city's largest pro-immigrant rallies. The crowd was estimated at more than 100,000, said police Sgt. Lee Sands.

Many of the marchers wore white shirts to symbolize peace and also waved U.S. flags. Some also carried the flags of Mexico and other countries, and even wore them as capes.

Elger Aloy, 26, of Riverside, a premed student, pushed a stroller with his 8-month-old son at Saturday's Los Angeles march.

"I think it's just inhumane. ... Everybody deserves the right to a better life," Aloy said of the legislation.

The House of Representatives has passed legislation that would make it a felony to be in the U.S. illegally, impose new penalties on employers who hire illegal immigrants and erect fences along one-third of the U.S.-Mexican border. The Senate is to begin debating the proposals on Tuesday.

President Bush on Saturday called for legislation that does not force America to choose between being a welcoming society and a lawful one.

"America is a nation of immigrants, and we're also a nation of laws," Bush said in his weekly radio address about the emotional immigration issue that has driven a wedge into his party.

Bush sides with business leaders who want legislation to let some immigrants stay in the country and work for a set period of time. Others, including Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist, say national security concerns should drive immigration reform.

"They say we are criminals. We are not criminals," said Salvador Hernandez, 43, of Los Angeles, a resident alien who came to the United States illegally from El Salvador 14 years ago and worked as truck driver, painter and day laborer.

Francisco Flores, 27, a wood flooring installer from Santa Clarita who is a former illegal immigrant, said, "We want to work legally, so we can pay our taxes and support the country, our country."

On Friday, thousands of people joined in rallies in cities including Los Angeles, Phoenix and Atlanta and staged school walkouts, marches and work stoppages.

The Los Angeles demonstration led to fights between black and Hispanic students at one high school, but the protests were largely peaceful, authorities said. More than 2,700 students from at least eight city high schools and middle schools poured out of classrooms to join the protest.

In one of the largest protests in city history, Phoenix police said 20,000 demonstrators marched Friday to the office of Sen. Jon Kyl, R-Ariz., co-sponsor of a bill to step up enforcement along the U.S.-Mexico border and create a temporary guest-worker program that would require illegals to leave after five years.

Activists in Georgia said tens of thousands of workers did not show up at their jobs Friday to protest a bill passed by the state House that would deny state services to adults in the U.S. illegally and impose a 5-percent surcharge on wire transfers from illegal immigrants..

Cheah I was there, we shut LA down, plus these are just raw estimates trust me it was way more people then 100 thou
    ...........The Growth...........

yup, i heard over 500k

Comment

Keep The Tacos Out!
      If The Truth Is Told, The Youth Can Grow And Learn To Survive Until They Gain Control, Nobody Says You Have To Be Gangstas, Hoes, Read More, Learn More Change The Globe.

Comment

Right
        ...........The Growth...........

Comment

I'm all for immigration

as long as it's not illegal like how a lot of mexicans come here
          ------------------------------------------
          Originally posted by kEgBeGgEr
          I don't have a problem with gays, in fact I wouldn't mind sharing a room with one

Comment

FUCK KRACKERS!!! EVERYONE IN THE US, EVEN MR. W PUSS, I mean BUSH, IS A FUCKING IMMIGRANT. UNLESS YOU A NATIVE AMERICAN, YOU ARE A FUCKING IMMIGRANT... TAKE THAT YOU FUCKING HONKIES!!!!
            You'll get eight from me, nine and straight blown
            Wig split, melon cracked, all that on day one
            Carry eight guns, two in the trunk
            Two in the waist, two in the ankle, two to just spank you
            You can jam with them jammers, blam with them blammers
            It's hot here, ask Mase he ran to Atlanta

Comment

u gotta diversitize ur bonds *****
              North-$ide

Comment

Originally posted by ethan20
                as long as it's not illegal like how a lot of mexicans come here

what good are legalities when your brain knows that your bloodline has been on this land for thousands of years, yet Europeans came here and kicked you off your land?

WE DIDNT CROSS THE BORDERS
                THE BORDERS CROSSSED US!

WWW.LIFEAFTERTHEOILCRASH.NET

WWW.LIFEAFTERTHEOILCRASH.NET WWW.LIFEAFTERTHEOILCRASH.NET

Comment

Originally posted by ThatNuccaJuan
                  Cheah I was there, we shut LA down, plus these are just raw estimates trust me it was way more people then 100 thou
                  hell yeah, i walked outta school on friday and skipped work.
                  Check Da Beats Out www.myspace.com/invisiblesetrecords

Comment

Originally posted by Degenerate69
                    FUCK KRACKERS!!! EVERYONE IN THE US, EVEN MR. W PUSS, I mean BUSH, IS A FUCKING IMMIGRANT. UNLESS YOU A NATIVE AMERICAN, YOU ARE A FUCKING IMMIGRANT... TAKE THAT YOU FUCKING HONKIES!!!!
                    You fucking moron...this is about illegal immigration...HAHAHAH. You spic supporting piece of shit. If you arent legal, then you should be put in jail and/or shipped out of this country.
                    LISTEN TO AND DOWNLOAD MY NEW EP ENTITLED "ĘP" at http://composed.bandcamp.com/ FOR FREE!

SUPPORT INDEPENDENT MUSIC!

Comment

^amen.
                      ------------------------------------------
                      Originally posted by kEgBeGgEr
                      I don't have a problem with gays, in fact I wouldn't mind sharing a room with one

Comment

how the fuck is a group of people who came from europe steal land from the native indians in america and then have the nerve on making immigration laws(I)
                        FUCK YOU BITCH!!!! YEA YOU

Comment

bottom line is if your sneaking inot the U.S your doing something illegal...if it wasnt illegal you wouldnt have to "sneak" into it...ya'll come here illegally and take jobs from american people who need it...it aint my problem your country aint got shit.

Example theres like 6 mexicans who work with me..none of em are here legally i dont think..they dont got social security cards..and come pay day they make a hell of a lot more than we do...they dont get taxes takin out of their checks or else they're paid cash...and half the time after a few months and alot of U.S dollars they bolt back to mexico...now thats fucked up..if u wanna be here..same rules and laws should abide to you...why should i work 50+ hours a week only to lose like $140 dollars a week for taxes yet you illegal mexicans get to keep your full paycheck??
                          Originally posted by Tone Riggz
                          Akon has dry humped a teenage girl, tossed a kid off stage...i think for his next feat, he should diamond cutter Tito Jackson...

Comment

Originally posted by Realize
                            how the fuck is a group of people who came from europe steal land from the native indians in america and then have the nerve on making immigration laws(I)
                            That point is irrelevent. The fact of the matter is, there are 11 million illegal immigrants here. Some do good for our ecomomy, but most dont. If you want to come to our country, you can do it legally. You were born in mexico and should remain there for a reason. I live in cali, so I have to deal with this bullshit directly, while most of you just jump on the bandwagon. The majority of them live here, and the majority of them should leave or be arrested. I dont support bush at all, but I believe in this policy. If you want to stay in this country, then learn to speak some fucking english, teach your kids to speak fucking english so they arent raised as illiterate american children that constantly lower the bar of our education standards, and stop having SOOO many fucking children. Its called contraception and birth control.

There ya go.
                            LISTEN TO AND DOWNLOAD MY NEW EP ENTITLED "ĘP" at http://composed.bandcamp.com/ FOR FREE!

SUPPORT INDEPENDENT MUSIC!

Comment

Originally posted by Kaoticz
                              That point is irrelevent. The fact of the matter is, there are 11 million illegal immigrants here. Some do good for our ecomomy, but most dont. If you want to come to our country, you can do it legally. You were born in mexico and should remain there for a reason. I live in cali, so I have to deal with this bullshit directly, while most of you just jump on the bandwagon. The majority of them live here, and the majority of them should leave or be arrested. I dont support bush at all, but I believe in this policy. If you want to stay in this country, then learn to speak some fucking english, teach your kids to speak fucking english so they arent raised as illiterate american children that constantly lower the bar of our education standards, and stop having SOOO many fucking children. Its called contraception and birth control.
                              There ya go.
                              well america should have plenty jobs for us people born here and i live in detroit michigan and cant get a job because the economy is pinned to the ground like a fat bitches foot now my wonder is how the hell do these people sneak here illegally and then be able to get jobs(I)
                              FUCK YOU BITCH!!!! YEA YOU

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by AleksShamles, Yesterday, 12:33 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Zavylon
                              by Zavylon