HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

April 12 06- New Mobb Deep Interview (dubcnn.com)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 12 06- New Mobb Deep Interview (dubcnn.com)

Dubcnn: Have you guys got any solo projects in the works?

Yeah, later on after the Blood Money album drops, weíll definitely be working on something like that.

Dubcnn: Have you decided who will feature on this, who will produce?

Nah, we ainít even started on that yet.

Dubcnn: Are you guys going to be doing any work on Detox?

On Detox, nah we havenít done anything yet.

Dubcnn: Who is currently signed to Infamous / G-Unit records?

Right now nobody, but were working with a few artists, itís coming out crazy. Weíre working with an artist called 40 Glocc from the West Coast, and an artist named Ninth(?)

Dubcnn: Have you started on 40 Gloccís album yet?

Yea, we started on a bunch of stuff, were working on a whole bunch of music, so everythingís just coming along right now, were really concentrating on Blood Money right now, get that off the ground so that can set it off.

Dubcnn: How many albums are you signed to do on G-Unit?

A few albums, definitely a few. Itís just the beginning, were just getting started, so theres a lot more music about to come out, you havenít got to worry about that.

Dubcnn: What is your response and reaction to some of the disapproval that you have received from some of the older fans who were upset that you signed to G-Unit?

Well Iím saying that if theyíre a fan of Mobb Deep then they canít be upset, you know what I mean? If they are upset then they arenít a fan of Mobb Deep because right now their favourite group is all over the TV, all over the radio Ė all over the place right now, touring everywhere, they get to see and hear more of their favourite group, so that doesnít make sense for them to be upset, itís like they are not a real fan.

Dubcnn: Aight, what can we expect from the new album? Will it be a grimey Mobb Deep or has the influence of G-Unit changed your style?

Oh nah, Nah. We always stick to what we do, stick to our formula. So itís the same Mobb Deep that everybody know us for.

Dubcnn: Whoís going to be on the album as far as features and production?

As far as features on the album, we just kept it simple. Thereís really no features on there Ė just the family like 50, Banks, Buck and Yayo, and then weíve got one special feature on there from Mary J. Blige.

Dubcnn: Are you going to have features from such people as Jayo Felony on the album?

Nah, just those people on there.

Dubcnn: What's the status on the Riflemen project; is it still happening?

That was just an idea we was throwing around, but it was just an idea Ė thatís it really.

Dubcnn: What is the status on the Mobb Deep / M.O.P. collaboration album, will that ever come to reality?

Yeah, we might work on that too, that was another idea that we were talking about, so definitely that idea is in the works.

Dubcnn: What is the first single from the album?

The first single for the new album is ďPut Them in Their PlaceĒ, which is out right now with the video, and we also have another street single out with an uncut video on BET called ďInfamousĒ, so thatís crazy.

Dubcnn: Aight. How would you rate it compared to your last albums?

Iíd say it was like one of the best ones so far.

Dubcnn: How many records are you hoping to sell in your first week / overall?

I just want it to do real good, thatís all.

Dubcnn: How do you feel about The Game and how heís dissing G-Unit?

Man basically, The Game is over Ė we told everybody that already, The Game is over.

Dubcnn: There's been some outrage on the internet from Mexican Hip-Hop fans who state that you diss them in your videos for ďGet AwayĒ and ďGot It TwistedĒ. Did you know that you have offended some Mexican people with these videos?

Uhm, I donít know how because they came to the video, those are our peoples, and we fuck with them all the time. Thatís why they did the video with us, so you know what I mean? Whatever.

Dubcnn: Okay. Will you ever do anymore work with Wu-Tang in the future?

Uhm yea, maybe. Anything is a possibility

Dubcnn: In the future, who would you like to work with?

Weíre really just concentrating on Mobb Deep right now, but there is a lot of artists out there that we would like to work with.

Dubcnn: Alright, after your album drops, what are your plans?

After the album drops, just tour everywhere all over the world, a world tour and to just get ready for the next project thatís coming.

Dubcnn: Who would you rate as the top 5 rappers of the last decade?

Top Five, I donít even have no top five Ė I donít like doing that, you know what Iím sayin? Iím a little racist when it comes to that, Iím all for Mobb Deep!

Dubcnn: *laughs* Alright. So have you got any last words for the fans?

Yea, last words for the fans, keep supporting Mobb Deep because were going to keep giving yaíll that dope shit, you know what Iím sayin? Thatís that!

download the full audio
    http://www.dubcnm.com/audio/intervie...w_(dubcnn).mp3

thanks to dubcnn.com

Dubcnn: Who would you rate as the top 5 rappers of the last decade?

Top Five, I donít even have no top five Ė I donít like doing that, you know what Iím sayin? Iím a little racist when it comes to that, Iím all for Mobb Deep!

LMFAO! Someone needs to learn the meaning of racist. That's being biased lmao

Comment

^ yeh i was thinkin' the same thing lol

Comment

this guy is a SHITTY interviewer. He asked more questions about who they wanted to work with, who they thought was the best, and about a year old Game beef than the important questions.

All his questions sounded the same to me. I thought it was funny how they blew him off not answering half his shit.
        Originally posted by SlickNickShady
        just please RB-Taliban promise me you will keep your word. i have been worried sick all day.
        Originally posted by Krazee D
        id rep Un American and C Villian 20 more times if i could but i must spread first...fuck

Comment

^ right

I love this excerpt :

"Dubcnn: In the future, who would you like to work with?

We’re really just concentrating on Mobb Deep right now, but there is a lot of artists out there that we would like to work with."

Comment

Yeah that shit was funny. He was asking about solo joints on their NEXT album. This album hasn't even been fucking released yet. He also asks about singles when he should know they got a single all over the radio. Also he asks about collabs they say G Unit y and Blige are it. Then the NEXT question is this
            "Dubcnn: Whoís going to be on the album as far as features and production?
            As far as features on the album, we just kept it simple. Thereís really no features on there Ė just the family like 50, Banks, Buck and Yayo, and then weíve got one special feature on there from Mary J. Blige.
            Dubcnn: Are you going to have features from such people as Jayo Felony on the album?
            Nah, just those people on there."
            Its like they JUST fucking told you that G Unit and Blige were IT and then you ask this? If Felony was on there they would said so.
            This cat should never interview again....
            Originally posted by SlickNickShady
            just please RB-Taliban promise me you will keep your word. i have been worried sick all day.
            Originally posted by Krazee D
            id rep Un American and C Villian 20 more times if i could but i must spread first...fuck

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Campt1971, Today, 03:51 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Campt1971  
            Started by RachelHelmik, Today, 01:43 AM
            0 responses