HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

04/14: “My best friend did some shit to me that I never thought he'd do" -Dame Dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 04/14: “My best friend did some shit to me that I never thought he'd do" -Dame Dash

Things got really ugly during the last days of Roc-A-Fella Records, so says co-founder Damon Dash in the upcoming issue of King Magazine.

For the first time Dash publicly speaks about former business partner Jay-Z, and the dramatic end of their venture at Roc-A-Fella. “My best friend did some shit to me that I never thought in a million years he would do,” Dash says of Jay-Z. “It was straight war in there. Either you on Jay’s side or Dame’s side.”

Dash and Jay ran the Roc before it was acquired by Def Jam Recordings in 2004, releasing numerous multi-platinum records and establishing the lucrative Rocawear clothing line. Suggesting that Jay attempted to push him aside, Dash explains: “The perception is that Def Jam bought Roc-A-Fella. Jay’s the president of Def Jam. I’m Bin Laden. You could either be with Bin Laden or be with [Jay-Z] … You know what I’m saying?”

“Remember they put in the paper that I lost my deal? That wasn’t true,” he continues. “They tried to freeze my projects. We’d go to [the office] and they’d have my picture, saying not to let us in the building. … I was painted as a violent guy.”

At the same time, differences put aside, Dash explains that their history-making run cannot be ignored. “I don’t respect what he did, but I’m not gonna let that wash away all the other stuff we did do,” he said. “For the most part, he’s a good *****.”

SOURCE

That whole situation was fucked up. I dont think Dash deserved being fucked over like that. The Dame Dash Music Group is a joke, Rocafella got better artists from the split.
    Some take the crack and chop it, but those that haven't got it, take away the added profit, it's catastrophic
    I take the gat and cock it, and I'll sit back and watch it

Comment

Dame ain't exactly innocent in this either...He took 77% of the Roc Artists onto Dame Dash Music Group, left Jay with basically Kanye and Bleek.

Jay grew larger than Dame, it's that simple.

Comment

^^ DAme Dash was largely responsible for discovering Kanye and had more to do with pushing him as a solo artist than Jay-z, and then he loses his biggest artist to Jay-Z? How is that right?
        Originally posted by ethan20
        There's a correlation between cervixal cancer in women and un-circumsized penises. Not to mention it almost cuts your bacteria count on the penis in half.
        Originally posted by reservoirGod
        Ethan sure does know alot about dicks

Comment

Because Kanye West isnt a dumb fuck. He had a choice. He choose Jay. Jay didnt put a gun to his head.

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Fanter, 10-25-2021, 03:55 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post Brayan
          by Brayan

Started by trueketoreview, Today, 06:53 AM