HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2/1/07 50 Cent and Styles P on Hot 97 right now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bachaka61
    replied
    ^wtf is u talkin bout, cam is the man, not 50

Leave a comment:

• Detroit24
    replied
    lol...50's the man...can't believe i missed this...ahaha

Leave a comment:

• Slim7321
    replied
    Originally posted by HySr0 View Post
    no...he would be right.
    No, thats not true. 2:-|2

Leave a comment:

• Ty
    replied
    i hope there's a few disses thrown at each camps. I can't see 50 not saying anything about this

Leave a comment:

• HySr0
    replied
    Originally posted by Slim7321 View Post
    WRONG. 2:-|2

no...he would be right.

and i dont even like styles that much

Leave a comment:

• Newskull
    replied
    Full Interview From Start to end.. 1 hour

http://ul52.rapidshare.com/files/144...-ALLiAUD1O.rar

Leave a comment:

• Metaphysical
    replied
    http://www.zshare.net/audio/angie_ma...02107-mp3.html

There ya'll go.

Leave a comment:

• Dregs
    replied
    I do agree with you on some parts. There are a lot of rappers who get lazy and stop trying. But when it comes down to it, that's how they get their check so if they start losin money then they have to be dope again otherwise they're gonna go broke. I would agree with the 50 Cent example but he has so many other good songs. I still like 21 Questions, I think it's a good song. Candy Shop... not so much. But if people are going to buy the albums because of something quick and catchy, then you have to play your cards right so they buy your album. Or you can go the "keep it real" route and try and make something for the streets or for underground listeners and not get hardly radio play at all. I think if that album is quality then it's all good. But everybody likes a club song.

But honestly I only listen to like 5-7 artists period. So I agree with you on a whole lot of the mainstream garbage.

Originally posted by SHADY_WARRIOR View Post
    I'd agree with you, but..for most rappers, their underground work is NOT party tracks, it's "real Hip Hop", but they sign a big deal and JUST put out club/pop/hit songs..which is OKAY, if they put something quality into the mix. Examples..
    50 Cent-Power Of The Dollar turns into 21 Questions, Candy Shop, etc
    Snoop-Doggystyle...now, a sellout(no explanation needed..)
    I think it's that Mainstream artists get lazy, realize that all they have to do is put out easy to make, simple club tracks, and get paid, so why bother putting out quality raps
    But to each their own, if you like mainstream, then you like mainstream.
    Last edited by Dregs; 02-01-2007, 09:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bachaka61
    replied
    Originally posted by cz81725 View Post
    shit aint workin...

sum1 post another link plz

Leave a comment:

• Underground
    replied
    Originally posted by Dregs View Post
    So with the party songs you're saying that rappers can't go out clubbing and have fun? Usually they're a bunch of drunk homies in the studio wilin out havin' a blast. They don't always have to rap about "Real Hip Hop" and the art and the passion and the love of the game.
    And songs for the girls... if you don't like women... then make songs for guys.. fags...
    Whether you see them as sellouts or not, maybe they like making their songs... think of that? Maybe they actually like the music that they put out so THAT'S why they make it.
    I'd take mainstream anyday over underground. Undergrounds is cool and all, but that's my preference.
    Oh and nice sig lol.
    I'd agree with you, but..for most rappers, their underground work is NOT party tracks, it's "real Hip Hop", but they sign a big deal and JUST put out club/pop/hit songs..which is OKAY, if they put something quality into the mix. Examples..
    50 Cent-Power Of The Dollar turns into 21 Questions, Candy Shop, etc
    Snoop-Doggystyle...now, a sellout(no explanation needed..)

I think it's that Mainstream artists get lazy, realize that all they have to do is put out easy to make, simple club tracks, and get paid, so why bother putting out quality raps

But to each their own, if you like mainstream, then you like mainstream.

Leave a comment:

• Metaphysical
    replied
    I can't get that link to stream or download. Is there another source?

Leave a comment:

• Dregs
    replied
    So with the party songs you're saying that rappers can't go out clubbing and have fun? Usually they're a bunch of drunk homies in the studio wilin out havin' a blast. They don't always have to rap about "Real Hip Hop" and the art and the passion and the love of the game.

And songs for the girls... if you don't like women... then make songs for guys.. fags...

Whether you see them as sellouts or not, maybe they like making their songs... think of that? Maybe they actually like the music that they put out so THAT'S why they make it.

I'd take mainstream anyday over underground. Undergrounds is cool and all, but that's my preference.

Oh and nice sig lol.

Leave a comment:

• Underground
    replied
    Originally posted by Dregs View Post
    ^^^ Real Talk
    And I can't stand how people say it's "selling out". That's a retarded statement coming from anybody's mouth. By signing a deal, you get more fans, more money to pay off for all of your hard work, more studio time, you get to make more music, and you get to tour. All of those sound like a blast to me. If you want to stay underground then that's your choice, but more people will hear your music and respect you for it if they get the chance to hear it.
    The term "selling out" is for haters to use only. It's for the people who can't make it themselves so they degrade bands/groups/artists with actual talent.
    If you love what you're doing then you're not selling out to anything. Be real, do what you do, and do it so big everybody has to take notice.
    duh all those mainstreams "sell out" wether you hate on 'em or not. Underground is they can say whatever they want, just make some good music. All mainstream albums follow a formula, have to have this annoying party track for a single, have to have this singer or rapper on the collab, have to make shitty pop singles to appeal to MTV fans, etc etc. Their mainstream music is nothing like their underground music.

Leave a comment:

• Shiite
    replied
    OMGZORZ THIS IS SOME HOT PHONE SEXxxxxxxxxxx

Leave a comment:

• Jay_Masta_Jay
    replied
    I was going 2 coment until red cap and the guy above set ure ant brains straight WORD

Leave a comment:

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by Lurker07, 02-22-2011, 04:44 PM
1 response
0 likes
Last Post Allanmathew  
Started by Kiryanvasez, Today, 05:05 AM
0 responses