Feb. 9 - Aftermathmusic.com Interview With Red Spyda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feb. 9 - Aftermathmusic.com Interview With Red Spyda

Aftermath Music had some time recently to speak with G-Unit producer Red Spyda. We discussed his background, meeting with 50 Cent for the first time, as well as his views on the G-Unit releases and how the internet has enabled him to portray his music and more.

Aftermathmusic.com:
    Please introduce yourself to everybody and let them know what's going on with you!

Red Spyda:
    Wussup everybody. This the 1 & onlyRed Spyda. 1 time for everybody that's down with the Red-Beam movement.

Aftermathmusic.com:
    Why the name Red Spyda?

Red Spyda:
    I needed a name that could stand out without me being visible in the spotlight, but relevant to the game. I feel Red Spyda has accomplished that.

Aftermathmusic.com:
    Your first big project that you worked on was ... ?

Red Spyda:
    The Whoo-Kid murda mixtape series, which was my access to hip-hop artist instead of submitting tracks. I could give artist concepts and play ideas for them in the flesh.

Aftermathmusic.com:
    Let's go back in time a little bit, how did Red Spyda start making beats and what inspired you?

Red Spyda:
    That's easy. I used 2 skip school (high school) and go to this music store called Sam-Ash and would see the latest gear coming out. I've always been around music through family and friends, but didn't think it would be a profession til someone slapped 1,500 cash in my hand for a tune I was making on a keyboard. I took the money gave him the keyboard and from then it was on.

Aftermathmusic.com:
    When did you start to play instruments and which instruments are you playing?

Red Spyda:
    I picked up on bass guitar since I was 7 by 15. I was on the organ, piano etc. I got in trouble alot, so I was stuck in the crib.

Aftermathmusic.com:
    Do you think, its important for a producer to play instruments?

Red Spyda:
    I think it's more important for a producer to know what he's doing as far as putting everything together as a whole a musician plays instruments a producer does alot more.

Aftermathmusic.com:
    Let's talk about the production process on making beats. What's the first thing you do when you make a beat?

Red Spyda:
    I do it in my head before I touch any equipment that way I have an idea of what sounds. I'm gonna need then I pick-up my bass guitar or if I have a beat in my head I lay it down on the MPC.

Aftermathmusic.com:
    How do you make sure the drums fit the beat?

Red Spyda:
    I force it to the drums are the beat everything else has to follow.

Aftermathmusic.com:
    When you sample, what type of sample do you look for?

Red Spyda:
    The problem I have with samples is I play, so I hear it differently opposed to someone who doesn't play I try to find hits or sounds left open and create something original out of the sound.

Aftermathmusic.com:
    What equipment do you use?

Red Spyda:
    Any MPC they're all the same to me. I'm not big on sound modules. I have alot of them but the sounds always sound techno or r&b know one has yet to create a hip-hop sound module with real dirty sounds.

Aftermathmusic.com:
    Tell us some experiences you've had with artists in the studio or special moments.

Red Spyda:
    That's a whole other interview I have to many of them.

Aftermathmusic.com:
    The G-Unit production staff includes ...?

Red Spyda:
    There is no main production staff that I know of personally. G-unit gives alot of new producers a chance (they are very generous).

Aftermathmusic.com:
    Whats the difference between you and others production-wise?

Red Spyda:
    I don't get comfortable with my work. I keep evolving where as others pat themselves on the back for something. They continue to due over and over again I'm not @ my full potential.

Aftermathmusic.com:
    The G-Unit releases in 2007 are ...?

Red Spyda:
    Young Buck /50 Cent as far as I gather.

Aftermathmusic.com:
    Which albums are you working on right now and who have you been working with lately, what projects can we expect to hear you on?

Red Spyda:
    A few up and coming Saigon, Uncle Murda, MOS, Freddie Gibbs and my new group Da-enTARAJ to name a few. I just left 50 Cent dropped off some brownies (tracks) and I'll be in LA to do some work Bishop Lamont.

Aftermathmusic.com:
    Which albums would you have liked to be part of after not appearing on them?

Red Spyda:
    Let's see: The Chronic, Me against the World, anything Ice-Cube, but I don't mind being a student either.

Aftermathmusic.com:
    The fans wanted that you speak on "Detox", 'cause you were named as one of the producers working on this project. Can you speak on that?

Red Spyda:
    That's crazy, 'cause I never banked on working on that project. It's great that my name gets brought up for things like that though.

Aftermathmusic.com:
    Are you working on something with Dr. Dre?

Red Spyda:
    I'm actually going to LA to holla @ the Aftermath team in March. I have a good relationship with most of the new artist on there. You can definitely expect a Red Spyda meets the D R E in 07.

Aftermathmusic.com:
    Have you ever worked with European rappers or singers? I mean Marsha Ambrosius from Floetry is signed to thť Math and she's from England. Can we expect something?

Red Spyda:
    I love working with European artist, 'cause they language is of glass. They are very down to earth, but don't get it twisted either they just a fiesty.

Aftermathmusic.com:
    Is there an artist that specifically impressed you when you were working with him?

Red Spyda:
    Quite a few artist. I would say Eminem, 'cause I didn't expect him to work the way he did with me - no ego he freestyled to every track I built for him on the spot. Snoop is my favorite, 'cause he did his vocals in his closet clothes hanging in all that.

Aftermathmusic.com:
    What would you tell a new producer, that is coming up right now. What would you tell him ... like the most important thing to look out for.

Red Spyda:
    Handle your business, but don't get caught up in the business.

Aftermathmusic.com:
    What would you be if you werenít a producer?

Red Spyda:
    That's a tough question. I try not to think about it I'm from the land of the lost.

Aftermathmusic.com:
    I appreciate you taking the time to talk to us, is there anything else you'd like to let everybody know?

Red Spyda:
    No problem. Thanks for having me. All I got to say is shot out 2 DJ Whoo Kid my partner in crime. 50 & the whole G-unit crew, Aftermath I see ya'll. Look out for my new group (Da-enTARAJ). Red Beam Entertainment is in full effect 07. Poowww!!!

This intreview was made yesterday.

Source
    Last edited by j0nHy; 02-09-2007, 05:04 AM.

good read!!
    Originally posted by CWCooper810
    I can be called a "stan" or what not, I even have a backwards E tattooed on my back.

Comment

good read thanks. i wonder what he worked on with Em
      Iím here, Iím present, Iím suffering

@gracihas

Comment

my favorite producer, his sound is so unique, Steppin it Hotta beat still gets spins in my car

Comment

is this the same red spyda that used to drop his homemade mixtapes on boxden?
          And England shall admit a Jew
          You think this strange, but it is true
          The Jew that once was held in scorn
          Shall of a Christian then be born.

Comment

Havent heard anything from Spyda in a while.

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by maxgrowplusuk, 03-03-2021, 11:43 PM
            12 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post bicolejuriya  
            Started by lillymessy, Today, 01:09 AM
            0 responses