Feb. 11th - NYPD Beefin' With NYPD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feb. 11th - NYPD Beefin' With NYPD

NEW YORK (AP) -- After an undercover officer was shot, police went hunting for the suspect's vehicle. They soon found it -- with another officer behind the wheel, police said.

The driver, Officer Jacqueline Melendez-Rivera, quickly became a subject Saturday of an investigation by the force on which she has served for 13 years.

As police pieced together an account of the early morning shootout on a Brooklyn street, Melendez-Rivera's husband, Jose Rivera, was arrested for attempted murder and other charges. Officer Melendez-Rivera was accused of helping to cover up the crime.

The wounded officer, Andrew Suarez, was in serious but stable condition early Sunday at a local hospital, police said. Struck in the back, he was expected to make a full recovery, according to police.

The violent confrontation unfolded in Brooklyn's Park Slope section. Investigators said Suarez and three fellow plainclothes officers, who were on a routine anti-crime watch, pulled their unmarked car over to get a closer look at a vehicle driving behind them. That vehicle then slowed alongside the officers.

The driver leaned across the body of a male passenger, shouted "You got a beef?" and fired a shot at Suarez, who was driving the unmarked police car, Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said. The bullet traveled underneath Suarez' bulletproof vest, through his back and lodged in his neck. A second shot may also have been fired, Kelly said.

The three officers with Suarez returned fire, blasting at least 13 shots before the other vehicle sped away, Kelly said.

Shortly afterward, police stopped a vehicle matching the description of the one that had carried the attackers. They found Melendez-Rivera driving it, Kelly said.

Just what the officer was doing with the car, less than two miles from the crime scene, was unclear, Kelly said before the arrests. Authorities said then that they did not believe the 37-year-old officer was present for the shooting.

Her husband and another man were later detained at the couple's nearby home. Police said they later recovered a loaded 9 mm handgun in a yard on the same block.

Melendez-Rivera, who was suspended from duty, was arrested on charges of hindering prosecution, tampering with evidence, obstructing governmental administration and unlawful possession of marijuana, police said.

Her 31-year-old husband was arrested on charges of attempted murder, assault, reckless endangerment, defacing a firearm, tampering with evidence, menacing and criminal possession of marijuana, police said.

There was no listed telephone number at the couple's address, and a police spokesman said he had no information on whether the couple had lawyers. A spokesman for the Patrolmen's Benevolent Association said he was uncertain whether any of the group's lawyers were representing Melendez-Rivera.

Meanwhile, Mayor Michael Bloomberg met with the injured officer at the hospital Saturday morning and said he was in good spirits.

"We joked and we laughed," Bloomberg said. "We're just lucky this wasn't an awful lot worse."

Suarez was appointed to the force in 2003 and is assigned to the 78th precinct. He was the first city police officer shot this year, and the third wounded by gunfire since October.

"Let us pray that it's the last," Bloomberg said.

wow, this shit sounds crazy!
    Custom Nike Air Force Ones
    >> Custom Paint Collection <<

goddam cops

Comment

most cop's are more crooked then everyday citizen's

Comment

------------------------------------------
        Originally posted by kEgBeGgEr
        I don't have a problem with gays, in fact I wouldn't mind sharing a room with one

Comment

THere are good cops out there. i've met them....However it's stupid ass's like this that give other officers a bad rap.

Comment

yeah,theres a couple,the guy i rent from is a California state trooper student who is attending academy at this moment in liverpool,ca
            mr. poop chute banger says....
            Homeland Security Advisory System
            http://www.dhs.gov/xinfoshare/progra...ease_0046.shtm
            is wrestling fake?
            http://www.wimp.com/fake/

Comment

cops..
              "Pain is a small thing to a giant, Even the greatest has to suffer sometimes"

Comment

shit,,ive never met a straight laced police officer in detroit,,got my ass beat 3 times by cops,,beat like 30 of my boys down,,took my blunt,,made me sit on the curb,,pulled like 20 feet up in his car for prolly 5-10 minutes,,reversed it to where i was sittin on the curb an threw my blunt roach at me told me dont let them see me in that neighborhood again.......an i had been livin in that neighborhood for 15 years......took a few my boy's for money an said prove it when they bitch'd at the cops..........FUCK A COP

Comment

lol @ 50 Cent beefin wit himself

Comment

Looks like Law and Order has some new material...

Comment

This probably happens more than what we know. I'd like to hear more of this shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Whereyouat? View Post
                        This probably happens more than what we know. I'd like to hear more of this shit.
                        I agree 110%

Comment

look it up in a search engine.....should be able to find 100's of cases like this......not uncommon

Comment

Originally posted by lyricalassassin View Post
                            most cop's are more crooked then everyday citizen's
                            That's right, criminal scum!

Don't ever become a part of a cop program working with/for them of any kind, and don't ever allow your children to become part of a cop program. They teach 15-17 year olds to hate the people they hate, and then use them to do their dirty work for them. These are young developing minds, don't let the scumbag cops do that to you and yours.
                            An Extremely important, interesting and facinating read.

Another one

This one's a bit crazy.

Comment

gangstas
                              hes most hated most def, but hes most def one of the most def wit exception of Mos Def, correction hes most def one of the most with depth, but most slept, cause he prolly went over most heads"

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by touhidfiver1, Today, 06:51 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post touhidfiver1  
                              Started by EcclesCarolyn, Today, 03:42 AM
                              0 responses