No announcement yet.

[2/12] - Mixtape Monday: Clipse Up Drama Over DJ Drama By Lashing Out At Weezy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [2/12] - Mixtape Monday: Clipse Up Drama Over DJ Drama By Lashing Out At Weezy

from mtv.com

DJ: Woogie

Representing: Scranton, Pennsylvania, and the Dirty South

Mixtape: DJ Woogie's Sippin' Southern, Vol. 1

411: If you've seen "There's Something About Mary," you know the character Woogie has a certain, er, addiction. But this Woogie says he's only addicted to exclusives — tracks, that is. So the PA native linked with his Houston homie Paul Wall to host the first installment of Sippin' Southern, which the Bum Squad/ Shadyville DJ tells MTV News he and Whoo Kid are looking to make the G-Unit Radio series of the South. Now, that's a pretty bold statement, but Woggie is confident the first clip with GRIT Boys — "GRIT" stands for "Ghetto Reality in Texas" — can set it off. And as a DJ that made his mark in the game by putting together his own remixes with unreleased a cappella verses and already-bangin' beats, the 10-year veteran pulled a few tricks from under his sleeve for the special occasion: He managed to call in a few favors from Twista and Rick Ross.

Joints To Check For:

"Break Em Off" remix by Paul Wall (featuring Rick Ross). The People's Champ is back with the first single off his second album, Get Money - Stay True, and here Woogie nabs the Boss to really smash it. The screwed number finds Paul with a surprisingly limber flow over the bouncing back drop. And the Swishahouse rapper is spittin' with the confidence of a seasoned veteran: "I'm higher than a satellite/ Crawling like a baby/ Maneuvering through the traffic like I'm Tracy McGrady/ Still choppin' on them buttons/ I'm struttin'/ And lookin' fresh/ Switch-hitting like Berkman/ This is ballin' at its best."

"One Night" by GRIT Boys (featuring Funds and Twista). Woogie gets his Kanye West off on this number, which is a slowed-down version of Luther Vandross' "If Only for One Night." Assisting on this Woogie-produced joint, Twista is just as impressive as he was with 'Ye and Common on "Slow Song." Here Twista is he's riding shotgun on the hook, while the GRIT Boys are spitting more game than LeBron James as they take turns trying to help the ladies make up their minds: You coming home with them or not?

"Make It Rain" freestyle by GRIT Boys. This one serves as an intro to the Southside Houston collective. Pretty Todd, Poppy, Scooby and Unique bring their group name to life with haunting lines like: "Early in the morning, but I'm thinking about supper/ Trying to find a way to come up, just me and my brothers/ To provide a better life for me and my mother/ N----s better move around if they don't want trouble."

Don't Sleep: Other Notable Selections This Week
    DJ Bad Boy Sean - Down South Slangin' Blends 2
    R-Side - The Relapse
    Superstar Jay - The Name You Can Trust
    Nyckz - Still Stylin' on 'Em
    DJ Obscene - Poe Boy Runs Miami

'Hood's Heavy Rotation: Bubbling Below The Radar
    “Get it Shawty” by Lloyd featuring Yung Joc.
    “Leave it Alone” by Havoc.
    “Where Are They Now” (Def Jeff Mix) by Def Jeff.
    “Anybody Killa” by Tha Dogg Pound featuring The Game.
    “Player’s Anthem” by UGK featuring Three 6 Mafia.

Celebrity Faves

Gloria Velez and Game in "Wouldn’t Get Far"

Gloria Velez is working on a DVD and a debut album with producer Scott Storch, but she recently ended her four and half year hiatus from modeling in music videos to come out and make a cameo in The Game’s “Wouldn’t Get Far” clip. She was the only lady he mentioned in the song to make an appearance.

"Actually, he's not really dissing me in the video,” she explained. “He's actually giving props, telling the video vixen she's trying to be Gloria Velez. So he's giving me big ups. I had to show him love and actually we're friends.

“We all were shocked,” she added about what all the video models thought of the song when they first heard it. “I also want to let people know that not every girl wilds out. They're grown ups and can do whatever they want actually. Who are we to judge and say they are hoes or sluts? But we are business women here to work, not follow a rapper and his entourage. Not all girls are Superhead. We have brains, families, kids. The song is not for all girls. Game even says it’s not about all girls. Its certain girls he called out who might have done it, I ain’t sayin’ no names. If you feel offended, you must be one of the girls.”

The Streets Is Talking: News & Notes From The Underground

Lil Jon

Crunk ain’t dead, but it sure isn’t on time. Where is Lil Jon’s Crunk Rock album? He was supposed to drop at the end of last year and now we have heard word that he may not come out until the end of 2007. What’s good?

“I'm working on my gospel album, it’s coming out in 2015 on Skeet... Nah I'm just kidding,” he said recently in LA. “We gonna get crunk with Christ. ‘Jesus is my Homeboy.. And my Co-Pilot,’ that's my first single. Nah. I'm working on Crunk Rock. We freakin’ rock! Me and my boy Rob Cavallo—he produces for Green Day--been working together. I did some stuff with P.O.D. It’s coming soon, I'm just trying to make it right. I learned from Dr. Dre. You gotta not drop the album till its ready. Till its perfect. So that's what we’re doing now.” ...

David Banner

Speaking of getting a project perfect, David Banner says getting his feet wet in Hollywood has allowed him to take his time with his music now.

“I’m honestly proud of the fact that being an actor has actually helped me be a better artist,” Banner said recently on the set of the upcoming film ‘This Christmas,” which also stars Chris Brown. Banner also has a part in the upcoming ‘Black Snake Moan.’ “Now I don’t have to rush to do an album. I can say ‘no, I’m making a movie money… I’m a lot calmer now, I’m able to listen to a song for four or five months now. If there’s something I feel like I should do better, I’ll do better.”

Banner says the record is going to be a milestone for him and the rest of hip-hop.

“It's probably going to be the best album ever in history; well, maybe besides some of the older cats,” he declared with a grin. “But as far as rap, by the time this movie comes out I will have taken over...Right now, we're actually going through a big war about what the name of the album's gonna be. Because I want this album to have regal name. My first album was called Mississippi: The Album and that's big to me. But as far as different people I'm working with? I'm working with T.I., Lil’ Wayne, Snoop Dogg, Chris Brown, Carl Thomas, Akon. And everybody just came in for this album. Lil’ Wayne blessed me with the verse of the century! It's been amazing. Snoop Dogg came in and blessed me; Akon hit me with the hottest tracks; Cool and Dre, Lil’ Jon. It's probably going to be one of the greatest rap albums."

Timbaland

Timbaland usually lets his beats do most of the talking. But now that he's stepping out from behinds the boards again for another solo album, people seem to be paying more attention to what he's actually saying. On his latest single, "Give It to Me" (featuring Justin Timberlake and Nelly Furtado), Tim spits: "I'm a real producer/ and you just a piano man." By chance, could that piano man be Scott Storch? "A lot of people play piano," Tim answered coyly. But he added: "I don't have a problem with Scott; me and him are cool, we worked together, he helped me with [Timberlake's] 'Cry Me a River.' It was just the situation, it was bad timing. When I was doing ['Give It to Me'], we were going through something. I wasn't comfortable with a comment he made. ... I was already upset about something. So when [people] asked me about ['Give It to Me'], I never commented on it. I left it at that. Because I was already hot. But in reality, I'm not talking about him. I'm talking about anyone that wants to step to me, like I'm the king. Point-blank. Like Jay-Z said, 'Timbo the king.' That was the only thing that could rhyme at the present time. I dint want to say, 'hand-me-down man,' that would have been too cold. It had to be something [to do] with music, so I said, 'piano man.' " ...

Clipse

The Clipse and Lil Wayne have been exchanging words — subliminally or not so subliminally — for some time now, and last week Pusha T added more fuel to the existing fire. It seems Push wasn't too happy with recent comments Wayne made about DJ Drama. Wayne told us Dram needed to "smarten up" after the DJ was knocked by the cops a couple of weeks ago in a mixtape sting. "When people say things like that, that just means they ain't thorough and they don't know nothing about the street side of things," Pusha responded. "When people tell you 'smarten up' when something bad happens to you, that just probably means they ain't no hustler and they been lying in their raps and stuff. 'Cause they liars." And if you didn't know who Push was talking about — since he didn't exactly call Weezy out by name — he added: "And they kissers." ...

Pusha and Malice also had some other things to get off their chests. The Virginia Beach, Virginia, duo also said they're wrapping up the next installment of their Re-Up series, We Got It 4 Cheap: Vol. 3 - The Spirit of Competition. The rhymes are coming along, but the Clipse are still up in the air over which DJ to put out the project with after rocking with Clinton Sparks for the last two volumes. There's no hard feelings between Clipse and Sparks: The brothers Thornton just wanna try something new.

r-e-u-p-g-a-n-g

Comment

I wanna hear Clipse go at Wayne in a song not in an interview
      formerly shadyhustler

Comment

Gay post., dint even want to read this shit...fix your av you dumb fuck. FUCK LIL WAYNE...scrawny ass mother fucker.

Comment

yea, fix ur avy... shits 2 big

Comment

they must do this shit on like thursday or something..cuz you kno the 50/cam shit woulda been on there.

Originally posted by Wezfo2laylow View Post
            Gay post., dint even want to read this shit...fix your av you dumb fuck. FUCK LIL WAYNE...scrawny ass mother fucker.
            Originally posted by Lil_Chris_Chris View Post
            yea, fix ur avy... shits 2 big

*looks at his own avy*

Dallas Cowboys

Derty PuDge

Los Angeles Lakers

Comment

Originally posted by Derty PuDge View Post
              they must do this shit on like thursday or something..cuz you kno the 50/cam shit woulda been on there.

*looks at his own avy*

i know huh? never thought about that...it'll be on there next week

Comment

Weezy prolly got em lyrically, but then agian idk bc I heard he has a ghost writer or some shit. Either way, he tries to act hard even AFTER the little 'kissing' thing. Fuck that, Clipse has my support on this one lol.
                http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/3100/spshitll0.png
                King $hit^^

Originally posted by grizzyp
                bootlegging is gods gift to us poor people sick of buying shitty cds

Comment

i wonder if anyone else will try and post mixtape monday before this guy
                  Buddhism is the shiiiiittttt

When Buddha can't help, I ask , What would BARNEY STINSON do ?

"When I get sad, I stop being sad, and be AWESOME instead. True story."

Comment

Originally posted by shadyhustler View Post
                    I wanna hear Clipse go at Wayne in a song not in an interview

yeah.

clipse are my kind of people
                    i have a belly full of white dog poop and you lay this shit on me?

Comment

^they're ill, they're 2 of the few cats that still spit fire. Plus they're cool as fuck, I met Malice last summer, took pics wit me n shit. They'd crush Wayne's wack ass lyrically.
                      formerly shadyhustler

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Monret, Today, 03:10 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Monret
                      by Monret