X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feb 14 - Eto'o fires at Rijkaard and Ronaldinho

Angry Eto'o hits out at Rijkaard

Eto'o was La Liga's top scorer last season

Cameroon striker Samuel Eto'o has hit out at Barcelona coach Frank Rijkaard for saying he refused to play in Sunday's 2-0 win over Racing Santander.
    Rijkaard claimed the 25-year-old "didn't want to" come on as a second-half substitute.

But Eto'o said: "Telling a news conference I didn't want to play is the behaviour of a bad person.

"I've always thought about the group first. If anybody has balls, they should tell it to me face-to-face."

Rijkaard had asked Eto'o, who recently returned to action after four months out with a knee injury, to come on in the closing minutes at the Nou Camp but the striker apparently rejected the request.

"Eto'o warmed up but afterwards told (assistant coach) Eusebio he did not want to come on," said Rijkaard after the game.

"I think it's a shame because every minute, every moment, can be important... I haven't spoken with him but I'm always prepared to talk to the players."

Ronaldinho was also critical of Eto'o after the game, suggesting the striker had been inconsiderate to his team-mates.

But Eto'o responded: "If a team-mate says that you must think of the team, it's up to him to think of the team. Personally I always think first about the group and then money."

Barcelona's victory over Racing Santander, thanks to two goals from Ronaldinho, saw them open up a three-point lead at the top of La Liga.

They are also through to face Liverpool in the last 16 of the Champions League, with Rijkard's side hosting the first leg on 21 February.

However, Eto'o, last season's top scorer in La Liga, said a major rift had developed at the Catalan giants.

"There's a division in the changing room between two clans: one is the president's and the other is someone else's," he said.

"This is not my war, this is a war. I'm in the middle of a war between two people and I'm the one who is taking all the punishment. But I will return and return to play."

Reports suggest the rift is between supporters of president Joan Laporta and those of former vice-president Sandro Rosell, who left the club after a disagreement with Laporta.

Laporta earlier spoke out in support of Eto'o, denying the striker had refused to play on Sunday.

"His knee needs time to warm up and he didn't have enough time. He preferred to be careful," Laporta told Spanish newspaper Marca.

"He didn't do anything inappropriate or wrong. There is no way it can be deduced that Eto'o refused to play soccer for Barcelona."

Eto'o did not attend training on Monday, choosing instead to work in the gym - apparently because of a painful knee.

Source: BBC

shit I heard about this, why didn't he want to go on?

Comment

i dunno, he felt he was too big to be brought in the last 8 minutes

Comment

today when they were training, Ronaldinho and Eto'o hugged each other. im glad about this. Eto'o should control his mouth tho.

No creemos que tenga nada que ver con San Valentín. No habrá sido una muestra de amor, pero si probablemente de paz. En medio del entrenamiento del FC Barcelona, Ronaldinho se ha acercado a Eto'o y le ha abrazado. El camerunés no solo ha aceptado el gesto del brasileño, sino que también le ha correspondido con un abrazo.

Como es de suponer, la escena ha provocado la alegría entre el resto de compañeros presentes. Uno de los que más lo ha exteriorizado ha sido Motta, que se ha puesto a botar.

u wont understand shit but this is the article

Comment

Or he came from an injury and the team didn't really need his help that much?

What does botar mean?
          TECH N9NE

Comment

Originally posted by Rodamón View Post
            today when they were training, Ronaldinho and Eto'o hugged each other. im glad about this. Eto'o should control his mouth tho.
            No creemos que tenga nada que ver con San Valentín. No habrá sido una muestra de amor, pero si probablemente de paz. En medio del entrenamiento del FC Barcelona, Ronaldinho se ha acercado a Eto'o y le ha abrazado. El camerunés no solo ha aceptado el gesto del brasileño, sino que también le ha correspondido con un abrazo.
            Como es de suponer, la escena ha provocado la alegría entre el resto de compañeros presentes. Uno de los que más lo ha exteriorizado ha sido Motta, que se ha puesto a botar.
            u wont understand shit but this is the article
            did he hug with Rijkaard too?

Ronaldinho isnt the type to fight with teammates anyway, he's cool

Comment

im sure he just didn't want to go on because he didnt think he would be beneficial to the team and he hasnt played enough game time yet and didnt want to wreck his injury. you have to understand that, he came on 2 weeks ago and lookied bright but you could see him limping so its best in the long run.

anyway, if he moves i hope he goes to united
              Buddhism is the shiiiiittttt

When Buddha can't help, I ask , What would BARNEY STINSON do ?

"When I get sad, I stop being sad, and be AWESOME instead. True story."

Comment

still hasnt spoken to rikjaar, puyol came out and said things were worked out in the lockeroom, motta i guess initiated the process, eto didnt want to go in because his knee still isnt ready , needs at least 15 minutes of hard warm up
                Democracy is just a word when the people are starving- Immortal Technique

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by basketballeven, Today, 05:00 AM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post basketballeven  
                Started by Vilitra60mg, Today, 04:42 AM