[April 5th] 13-Year-Old Arrested In School For Writing On Desk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [April 5th] 13-Year-Old Arrested In School For Writing On Desk

(CBS) NEW YORK In this day and age where young students are frequently charged for serious school offenses such as possessing weapons, dealing drugs, or assaulting other students on school property, one Brooklyn teen's arrest may come as a surprise. A 13-year-old girl was handcuffed and placed under arrest in front of her classmates in Dyker Heights after she wrote "Okay" on her desk.

The "suspect," Chelsea Fraser, says she's sorry for scribbling the word on her desk, but both she and her mother are shocked at the punishment.

"I'm apalled, because here we have rapists, murderers, and you're taking a 13-year-old kid? Wasting valuable manpower to arrest a child who wrote on a desk?" Fraser's mother Diana Silva told CBS 2.

Police confirm that that's exactly what's written on her arrest record and for the crime, she's been charged with criminal mischief and the making of graffiti. Fraser says the day she marked her desk, she was wrongly grouped together with troublemakers who had plastered stickers all over the classroom.

Fraser was arrested at the Dyker Heights Intermediate School on March 30 along with three other male students. She says she was made to empty her pockets and take off her belt. Then she was handcuffed and led out of the school in front of her classmates and placed in the back of a police car.

"It was really embarrassing because some of the kids, they talk, and they're going to label me as a bad kid. But I'm really not," Fraser said. "I didn't know writing 'Okay' would get me arrested."

"All the kids were ... watching these three boys and my daughter being marched out with four -- they had four police officers -- walking them out, handcuffed," Silva said. "She goes to me, 'Mommy, these hurt!'"

The students were taken to the 68th Precinct station house where Silva says they were separated for three hours. "MY child is 13-years-old -- doesn't it stand that I'm supposed to be present for any questioning?" Silva said. "I'm watching my daughter, she's handcuffed to the pole. I ask the officer has she been there the entire time? She says, 'Yes.'"

On her report card, under conduct, Fraser has earned all "satisfactory" marks and one "excellent" mark.

"My daughter just wrote something on a desk. I would have her scrub it with Soft Scrub on a Saturday morning when she should be out playing, and maybe a day of in-house and a formal apology to the principal," Silva said.

CBS 2 contacted both the NYPD and the Board of Education for a response. The police say the arrests followed a request by the school's principal. The Board of Education said the matter is under investigation, adding that graffiti was found on several desks.
    Source
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -- Aristotle

lol...."Dyker Heights"...

Comment

its graffiti, thats pretty much what would happen to anyone who gets caught writing up in a classroom in new york city.
      treated.

Comment

That is gay...not homo..just dumb...........What a waste of the tax payers money.....They are better off bringin in like $2,000 and burning it infront of the tax payers of that area cause thats basically what they did........What happen to an in school suspension or even god forbid possibly a 3-day suspension.....
        Was only 4 years ago i was in highschool and people who fought would only get 3 days and not even get arrested and you telling me this girl is a threat to society........Thats really gonna help her to trust cops in the future.....way to go ..our country is so retarted sometimes...but it could be worse...GW could still be our president.....o wait...shit!!!

Comment

i heard about this...wow, she got caught? in junior high school, we tagged everywhere and never got caught...that's too much BS to put her through...we would walk around with pilot markers, like it was all good...the graf heads in the class must've been laughing...

Comment

All desks at school have shit on them

That's dumb...

Comment

A letter asking for leave to sit an exam should be simple and to the point. It should be written formally, with the name of the employer you are writing to. Try to avoid using colloquial or slang terms, as these are not appropriate. The letter should say from what date you would need the time off and until when. You should explain what the exam is for and what qualification you hope to obtain from it. Including what institution you will be going to for this exam will show that it is legitimate. It could also be beneficial to provide contact details for the institution in case your employer wants to speak to them for any reason.

Comment

You need to think and worry about your future from an early age. I made a lot of mistakes in my youth, and so my son is engaged with a tutor on https://studymind.co.uk/ to improve your knowledge and be prepared for the entrance exams. If I were in his place now I would become a successful doctor much faster

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by DorothyDBoland, 11-25-2021, 10:21 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post Kate1415  
                Started by WesleyDrake, Today, 08:48 AM
                0 responses