good read

Leave a comment:

• Josh
    replied
    props

Leave a comment:

• B HAV
    replied
    Yayo and Banks did the interview well... they know their shit! probly learned alot from 50.

On the other hand you hear game in an interview and he sounds like a moron.

Leave a comment:

• joyn6160
    replied
    why doesnt anyone ask about this controversial Em and 50 track that supposedly is on the album

Leave a comment:

• midwestwitch
    replied
    Yayo is a cool dude but he can't rap and should never be allowed to participate in anything involving media, interviews or well.. much of anything at all involving a voice recorder of any kind.

Keep it to the hype shit on wax on stage but for fucks sakes dont do interviews.

Leave a comment:

• Fo20
    replied
    why would they put "rider pt.2" and "I like the way she do it" on the album,much less as first singles..."I like the way she do it" got shitty reception and "Rider pt.2" is short mixtape shit and is old now anyways,thats 2 tracks already i won't wanna listen to.

Leave a comment:

• Korps
    replied
    Hmmm, Looking forward to this tbh.

July 1st means about Friday 20th/Saturday 21st for the net? Cool!

Leave a comment:

• Ty
    replied
    props

Leave a comment:

• Sleep
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Street_Revolva
    replied
    Why does it say this is coming out on aftermath?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Rest of the Interview

DJ Booth: Let’s roll into a new section, guys. It’s called “By Request.” Our members submitted a plethora of questions for all of you to answer, and the first one comes from our member Tallman44. He wants to know, when recording the new album, did the group focus more on radio-friendly material like I Like the Way She Do It, or street-oriented cuts like Rider Pt. 2?

Lloyd Banks: To be honest with you, I Like the Way She Do It was one of the last records that we recorded, for the project, and mainly because we was in the mix tape zone. We were comin’ off of the momentum of Return of the Body Snatchers, and then following that with Elephant in the Sand, which dominated all over the place, and then comin’ into the next mix tape we did with Willie Da Kid and DJ Drama. So a lot of the records that we’re makin’ are in the zone of the mix tape feel, so some of them that might have been made for the mix tape, actually are gonna end up on the album, just because of the quality. We don’t go in the studio and put stamps on [our] music, like, “Yo, I’m gonna make a rated seven song.” No, you go in there and try to knock off a ten every time. I think the mode of our album is hard, it’s real street. At the same time, you do have to have records that’s able to go to the furthest extent and get played. It’s like a contradiction, ‘cause they want their hard sh*t, and when you give it to them it’s censored to the point where you just hear nothing, you know what I’m sayin’? So you don’t wanna hurt yourself completely because the world is not ready for that. The street might be ready for that, but the people behind the TV networks and radio and everything is not.

DJ Booth: No, they don’t want it at all.

Lloyd Banks: They gonna give you a song that’s bleeped out, and we can’t say certain things that other artists can say.

Tony Yayo: We got a record [dedicated] to Sean Bell, he got killed in South Jamaican Queens by the police. They shot him about fifty times. That was our neighborhood, so we did a tribute for him, on the album, it’s called Straight Outta Southside, and that’s one of my favorite records.

DJ Booth: Something that will definitely not get radio play, correct?

Lloyd Banks: Yeah, it will – I think it will get radio play. It’ll get bleeped out, but that’s what comes with bein’ the biggest group in hip hop.

DJ Booth: If the record does get bleeped out, though, doesn’t that take away the message that you guys are tryin’ to make in the song?

Tony Yayo: When you tell a kid, “Don’t go around the corner,” you have to tell him why not to go around the corner. And usually, if you don’t, he knows that there’s something around the corner that he might wanna see. So it’s the same thing with the music: if you give ‘em a record, and y’all bleep the whole record out, maybe he’ll go look on the Internet or go buy the album so he can hear [it] raw and uncut. ‘Cause if you’re playin’ it on the radio bleeped out, that means it’s hot!

DJ Booth: [laughter] Definitely. Guys, in all seriousness, casual supporters and long-time listeners, have recently made bold claims that G-Unit is washed up, or they’re stale, or they lost that edge, what do you say to them to completely convince them otherwise?

Tony Yayo: You know what we say to them? We say to them, cop the album, July 1st, TOS. The proof is in the pudding. What are you gonna do without G-Unit? We’ve reigned for years now. From my album, Thoughts of a Predicate Felon, I dropped that on house arrest at eight hundred thousand, from Lloyd Banks, The Hunger For More selling two million, Straight Outta Ca$hville sellin’ a million, Game’s album sellin’ four million, 50 sellin’ ten million – come on, man! It’s either you hate us or you love us, cause the people that hate us is rockin’ to our mix tapes. Elephant in the Sand, Ja Rule got that, Fat Joe got that. Body Snatchers, Baby got that. All these groups got these mix tapes, and they listen to ‘em and they analyze our lyrics. We created the mix tape game, so there’s nothing that any artist or any fan or any media [member] can say we’re washed up.

DJ Booth: You’re absolutely right about that, fellas.

Tony Yayo: So that’s the answer to that. G-Unit washed up? We still buyin’ Lamborghinis and Bentleys! [laughter]

DJ Booth: With all the success that G-Unit has seen, that you just mentioned to me, what is there left to accomplish for the three of you?

Tony Yayo: It’s never enough. Banks will tell you: Banks’s house is two million, mine’s one million. It’s never enough; you want more and more money, you want a bigger house, you want a bigger car. Am I right, Banks, or am I wrong? I don’t know.

Lloyd Banks: As solo artists, though, we all have our own aspirations, and I think sometimes the success that we were talking about overshadows the actual talent, the things that drove me into wantin’ to be an artist – you know, I still have a passion for music. I’m not one who says hip hop is dead, because I’m twenty-six years old, so I feel like I have a lot to bring. That’s how I look at it right now, and I just feel like we got a lot more material. I’m on my second solo album. It ain’t been that many years, you know what I’m sayin’? You got groups that’s still around, artists that – look how long Jay-Z been doin’ it!

DJ Booth: Over a decade, that’s absolutely right.

Tony Yayo: Look how long Nas been doin’ it! Look how long Fat Joe been doin’ it!

Lloyd Banks: Fat Joe got eight albums and I can’t name ‘em, except the last one, ‘cause we had the same title. You gotta make that decision, when you’re done with hip-hop, you know what I”m sayin’? Music is more than just entertainment; it’s a lifestyle. That sh*t gets people through their day.

DJ Booth: Well, you guys have clearly convinced me otherwise. Go ahead, give everyone a website or a MySpace page so everyone can find out more about the brand new-

Lloyd Banks: Thisis50.com, you can log onto that.

Tony Yayo: Look for that ToS album, July 1st. And Banks, tell him about your movies you got comin’ out!

Lloyd Banks: Continuin’ the success I had on Bank Shot Productions with my first film, Groupie Love, currently I’ve actually been [casting] for several releases this year, including a Kama Sutra DVD. You know, that’s kind of educational, and showin’ ‘em [practicing] safe sex, so it kinda ties into the MagicStick condoms that 50 is puttin’ out.

DJ Booth: I thank you so much for takin’ the time to join me inside the DJ Booth-

Tony Yayo: No doubt. We appreciate you havin’ us, man.

DJ Booth: I wish you guys nothing but the best of luck. And Banks, make sure to get in contact with my peoples when you’re tryin’ to cast for that Kama Sutra DVD, my friend.

Lloyd Banks: [laughter] No doubt.
    Last edited by neomerge; 05-18-2008, 10:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    this interview was actully good, yayo was actully talkin some truth, he sounded like an ass clown sometimes in the interview, but he and banks were tellin some shit

Leave a comment:

• EmineMan
    replied
    only good part about this interview, is another person telling us eminem's workin on his album, cuz TOS is gon BLOW

Leave a comment:

• Thysmic
    replied
    I want whatever it is yayo is smoking...on second thought,no I don't.

Leave a comment:

• HitmanforHire
    replied
    nice interview.

Leave a comment:

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by Bynarden, Today, 12:39 PM
0 responses