Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June 9th - C-Murder Talks New Album Amidst Looming Murder Trial

written by Brandi Hopper

C-Murder is headed back to court today as a fresh new jury will determine his fate in a homicide case from 5 years back. While he readies himself for a retrial that could potentially put him back behind bars, C is also gearing up for a studio album release, Screamin' 4 Vengeance. SOHH caught up with the New Orleans rapper in between time.

"When I first got out all I wanted to do was lay music, lay music, lay music," C-Murder told SOHH.

So he hit the studio and turned out an album inspired by the things he'd gone through in recent years.

"I'm just talking about everything, about life about all the sh*t I been through ... I'm screamin' for vengeance," he said.

He wouldn't say who owes him that pay-back, but he did say he wouldn't be seeking it in the street.

"I get it out through my music, now," he said.

Saying he was under a gag order, C wouldn't talk much about his time in prison or the case against him. But he did say his time behind bars changed him.

"You a fool if you go to prison and it don't change you 'cause you come out doin' the same stuff," Murder said.

A judge rejected C's request to dismiss a five-year-old second degree murder charge against him back in February, opting for a new trial altogether.

As SOHH previously reported, C was convicted of second degree murder in 2003 for beating and shooting clubgoer, Steve Thomas, in '02. Months later, a judge granted Miller's request for a new trial on grounds that prosecutors improperly withheld criminal background information on several state witnesses from his attorneys.

The state Supreme Court upheld that ruling in March 2006 and the new trial is scheduled to start today.

Prison time may have changed C's perspective but he said fans can expect the same hard-hitting gangster music on this album that he's always put out.

"My music hasn't changed, that's still the same," C said. "That's why my fans love me and keep comin' back."

Papoose, Crazy Bone, long-time partner Mia X and C's artists the Cutt Boyz all came through for collabos on the joint.

Miller is currently under house arrest as a condition of his $500,000 bond. He faces a mandatory life sentence if convicted.

Screamin' 4 Vengeance hits stores on July 1 via TRU/Asylum Records.

Source:
    http://www.sohh.com/articles/article.php/15510

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by Heun, 06-09-2021, 02:09 PM
1 response
0 likes
Last Post noahharry  
Started by Brkanmokey, 07-17-2019, 03:05 AM