June/14/08--"Women Should Give In After Being Raped"-McCain Fundraiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June/14/08--"Women Should Give In After Being Raped"-McCain Fundraiser

WASHINGTON (AP) ó Questions from the media prompted Republican John McCain to cancel a fundraiser at the home of a Texas oilman who once joked that women should give in while being raped.

The Texan, Republican Clayton "Claytie" Williams, made the joke during his failed 1990 campaign for governor against Democrat Ann Richards. Williams compared rape to the weather, saying, "As long as it's inevitable, you might as well lie back and enjoy it."

He also compared Richards to the cattle on his ranch, saying he would "head her and hoof her and drag her through the dirt."

Williams' comments made national news at the time and remain easy to find on the Internet. Even so, McCain's campaign said it hadn't known about the remarks.

"These were obviously incredibly offensive remarks that the campaign was unaware of at the time it was scheduled," McCain spokesman Brian Rogers said. "It's positive that he did apologize at the time, but the comments are nonetheless offensive."

The campaign said it would not return money Williams had raised for McCain because the contributions came from other individuals supporting McCain and not from Williams. Williams told his hometown newspaper, the Midland Reporter-Telegram, that he had raised more than $300,000 for McCain.
    http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

And this is relevant how? First of all:

He canceled it once he found out.

Secondly, it's a fundraiser, not a person of mccain's campaign or mccain himself.

This is about as relevant as Hamas (a u.n. recognized terrorist group) endorsing Obama and Obama's wife calling white people "whiteys".

We get it, you like Obama and want to marry him Wes, stop with the constant mccain threads in news/news audio. Goto the debate and politics section.

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestSwing View Post
      Secondly, it's a fundraiser, not a person of mccain's campaign or mccain himself.
      This is about as relevant as Hamas (a u.n. recognized terrorist group) endorsing Obama and Obama's wife calling white people "whiteys".
      We get it, you like Obama and want to marry him Wes, stop with the constant mccain threads in news/news audio. Goto the debate and politics section.

http://board.rapbasement.com/showthr...14#post7084214

Comment

Originally posted by Wes_Belvy View Post
        Williams compared rape to the weather, saying, "As long as it's inevitable, you might as well lie back and enjoy it."
        lol. Bitches beware, I predict a change in the forecast
        Iím here, Iím present, Iím suffering

@gracihas

Comment

Keep up the good work Wes
          GO CUBS

I make rappers cry, onions
          You can't walk in my shoes, bunions

Comment

Tad I see u playa..

Comment

if the female gives in then is it still rape?

Comment

Who said i was for mccain? I simply said put this shit in the politics section where it belongs. I get tired of seing an anti-mccain thread from you every other hour.

Comment

This is ridiculous! Attacking a guy for a found raiser? What's next? His Pastor? Get the fuck outta here.

Comment

McCain is a rapist!!!

Yes We Can Has.
                    I ran like a cheetah with thoughts of an assassin

Comment

Originally posted by SleepAssault View Post
                      lol. Bitches beware, I predict a change in the forecast
                      haha.

Comment

Originally Posted By MidwestSwing
                        Who said i was for mccain?
                        cut it out the jig is up..this image of u being somehow non-partisan isn't fooling anyone..ur a racist/neo conservative bush loving fagit..within the last 24hrs you've defended/praised mccain at least 3 times all while bashing obama

I get tired of seing an anti-mccain thread from you every other hour.
                        now ask me if I care..if anything u just motivated me to post more obama news.

Comment

You're a true idiot, Obama's wife didn't call white people "whiteys".
                          Originally posted by SteWonYou
                          sometimes you have to do what you have to do, and that might involve sucking dick
                          Originally posted by Temerity
                          understood that you don't fuck with Swizz
                          Originally posted by Nianco
                          Swizz...*Sighs*..I really hate you so much. I just want you to know that.

Comment

Originally posted by Wes_Belvy View Post
                            cut it out the jig is up..this image of u being somehow non-partisan isn't fooling anyone..ur a racist/neo conservative bush loving fagit..within the last 24hrs you've defended/praised mccain at least 3 times all while bashing obama
                            now ask me if I care..if anything u just motivated me to post more obama news.
                            Of course I'm not "non-partisan", nor have I ever claimed to be. I'm a Republican who's moderate and will most likely vote Obama, though I'm not fully swayed yet. I simply don't like mccain.

As I've said, the last time I supported Bush was november '04 when I supported him only over kerry, so please try again.

Show me how I "defended" mccain? I'm simply pointing out that you're being a little biased kid who knows nothing of politics and thinks McCain is some evil bush clone, when the truth is, he and Obama are more similiar than different. This topic will not convince anyone to not vote for mccain or vote for obama, and is irrelevant to the entire election. It's stupid.

edit: and if you think pointing out Obama's voting record is "bashing" him, then I feel sorry for his supporters if they're as dumb as you.
                            Last edited by MidwestSwing; 06-14-2008, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Of course I'm not "non-partisan", nor have I ever claimed to be. I'm a Republican who's moderate and will most likely vote Obama, though I'm not fully swayed yet. I simply don't like mccain.

As I've said, the last time I supported Bush was november '04 when I supported him only over kerry, so please try again.

Show me how I "defended" mccain? I'm simply pointing out that you're being a little biased kid who knows nothing of politics and thinks McCain is some evil bush clone, when the truth is, he and Obama similiar than different. This topic will not convince anyone to not vote for mccain or vote for obama, and is irrelevant to the entire election. It's stupid.

edit: and if you think pointing out Obama's voting record is "bashing" him, then I feel sorry for his supporters if they're as dumb as you.
                              man u gotta love how u referred to me as a kid considering the fact that i'm 25 it almost makes sense to me why ur a mccainiac..ur OLD.

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by seonpotter, Today, 03:39 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seonpotter  
                              Started by AndreaDorrau, Today, 02:13 AM
                              0 responses