Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [June 17th] Eminem Returns To The Slaughtahouse W/ Masta Ace

In case anyone missed the news

Eminem emerges from the shadows to rework Masta Ace's classic "Slaughtahouse" for Delicious Vinyl's RMXXOLOGY. Originally released on 1993's Slaughtahouse, the track called for a "death to the wack MC's" and the gangsta rap era. The original video featured Masta Ace and crew rhyming in an actual slaughterhouse. Dressed in white butcher suits, drenched in blood, and with axes in their hands, they explicitly made fun of the corny rappers of the day. Eminem tones down the heavy West Coast bass of the original and morphs it into a thumping groove that feels like a purposeful, pissed march. The seriousness of the beat is balanced by the playful metaphors of Masta Ace and his early 90's flow.

The Background:

"Slaughtahouse" is taken from RMXXOLOGY, out now. RMXXOLOGY features Delicious Vinyl classics by the likes of Tone-Loc, The Pharcyde, Masta Ace, The Brand New Heavies, and Born Jamericans re-imagined by artists including Peaches, Eminem, Diplo, Hot Chip, Spank Rock & Amanda Blank, Phillipians, Ed Banger's Mr. Flash, and Bobby Evans. The singles for the album have been burning up the charts in the UK and here in the US.

Though he's been absent from the public eye, Eminem has come out of his self-imposed exile to contribute a remix to Brooklyn rapper Masta Ace's classic song, "Slaughtahouse."

Being featured on the recently released Delicious Vinyl's RMXXOLOGY, the updated version of the '93 release allows fans to hear Em showcasing his signature production by downplaying the original heavy bass, translating it into a march-like beat. Ace's various metaphors follow his tempo.

Primarily a West Coast-based album, with features from residents like Tone-Loc and The Pharcyde, Shady's contribution amongst various others gives the album an updated feel.

In related news, Em recently made headlines after making a prank phone call to LL Cool J during a Shade 45 interview. Claiming to be "Jason from Miami," the comic rapper continued on-air as the two played "name that LL verse." Once the call ended and Em revealed himself, the two exchanged homage with Shady inviting the G.O.A.T. over to his house.

SOHH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcieyuy0SuE

Source
    I知 here, I知 present, I知 suffering

@gracihas

omg im first!!! heheheheh
    OSU BASKETBALL #1 28-2

Comment

omg he's not dead! *masturbates*
      Originally posted by SteWonYou
      sometimes you have to do what you have to do, and that might involve sucking dick
      Originally posted by Temerity
      understood that you don't fuck with Swizz
      Originally posted by Nianco
      Swizz...*Sighs*..I really hate you so much. I just want you to know that.

Comment

gotta say the remix is hot....

but the original is still classic but the remix is a succes i say...

Comment

I'm wondering why Eminem never work with the people who inspired him. Aside from Redman, Jay-Z, Nas, Masta Ace ... and Tupac (lol), why has he not worked with the others? It's weird that he only really spoke to LL for the first time last week ..
          Originally posted by midwestwitch
          If I were to find out it was you would be responsible for a teenage boy losing every ounce of a social life, cell phone, gaming consoles etc until he graduated high school and left for college.

Comment

Comment

omfg
              OH HAI!

Comment

Originally posted by Mano View Post
                I'm wondering why Eminem never work with the people who inspired him. Aside from Redman, Jay-Z, Nas, Masta Ace ... and Tupac (lol), why has he not worked with the others? It's weird that he only really spoke to LL for the first time last week ..
                Not saying this to be a dick and piss off the Eminem groupies...but seriously, Em seems to be a hermit...there was a time where he could've easily worked with anyone he wanted to...hell, he probably still could. But he's an isolationist.
                Originally posted by SteWonYou
                sometimes you have to do what you have to do, and that might involve sucking dick
                Originally posted by Temerity
                understood that you don't fuck with Swizz
                Originally posted by Nianco
                Swizz...*Sighs*..I really hate you so much. I just want you to know that.

Comment

props for the news the remix is nice

Comment

The only person left i feel he just has to collab with is Nas.Im not a huge Nas fan by any means i just think the hip hop world would love to hear what they would come up with.

Good sig Swizz and you changed your avatar

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=T4E5Ka...e=channel_page
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6hG7...e=channel_page

Comment

Swizz is right, Eminem doesnt like the public spotlight. He hates the media, and hes probably just as secluded as the rest of us would be if any of us ever reached near that stature. Plus man, this guys got a little girl hes tryna raise, a crazy fuckin wife who just wont quit comin around, and the blood relatives....man thats a story in its own. Plus hes got business to handle, labels to help run, artists to write lyrics for (g-unit), hes part of a boy band.....too much for me. dont get me wrong, Id love the mans money, but fuck livin his life.

PS - You missed a few, hes worked with cyprus hill, sway and tech, rakim.....the majority of his early shit was all with forgotten rappers.
                      的f you keep coming back that only means you know you lost the fight...
                      But their pride just won稚 let em, insides like go get em
                      and I知 just like, why you trying to fight momentum EMINEM

Comment

first time I heard it, I like it

Comment

Originally posted by Lyrakil View Post
                          PS - You missed a few, hes worked with cyprus hill, sway and tech, rakim.....the majority of his early shit was all with forgotten rappers.
                          Mainly talking about the people he mentioned at the Grammy's in 2003 ..
                          Originally posted by midwestwitch
                          If I were to find out it was you would be responsible for a teenage boy losing every ounce of a social life, cell phone, gaming consoles etc until he graduated high school and left for college.

Comment

Who knows? Maybe he doesn稚 have a need to work with these people. He said he wanted to watch TV with LL. He didn稚 tell let痴 do a song together. I think he already worked with people he really wanted and was allowed to at the same time. He made many collabos you could only read about because they weren稚 released at the end for unknown various reasons. It痴 not like he can work with everybody. Well, he can if he wants to but that doesn稚 mean one of the labels would release it. When he was active he was very self-sufficient. His solo albums don稚 have many collabos, just the same groups of people or non hip-hop collabos/samples. He hasn稚 been actively releasing his own songs the last couple of years so why should he care about duets? He recently worked with his people or other stars like TI or Akon. I think the label didn稚 make any problems with these names.
                            The other question is if the people he likes want to work with him. Maybe some retired rapper really doesn稚 care about him. There are many people that would like to work with him but he deosn't care. He's not a difference.

Comment

I don't really like it. Is it just me or do all Eminem productions sound basically the same? The only good ones imo:

Runnin' (Dying To Live)
                              Pimp Like Me
                              Til The End

4 8 15 16 23 42

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Deborahlanker, Yesterday, 11:16 AM
                              5 responses