• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Joran View Post
    Obie dont need Shady
    and shady dont need obie...???

but much love to obie, dudes sick with it..

Leave a comment:

• Sleep
    replied
    I love Obie and all, but I also look forward to his music being a gateway for more Eminem production. I'm personally a fan of Em's beats, and Obie can spit some dope shit over them. That's why I love SROM...those gritty Em beats were everywhere, and Obie just went raw on them (very homo). But he obviously can also hold his own and make great songs by himself. I'm still excited for Bottoms Up no doubt, it's just a shame he had to leave Shady because I imagine Interscope is going to make it harder for Obie to get some Em production/feature/writing clearances.

At the end of the day Obie's doing what he's gotta do, which is good for him. But on the other hand it means sacrificing some potentially dope beats and features that Shady could have allowed him to have IMO.

Damn, now I'm really in the mood to bump some O Trice

Leave a comment:

• crackheard420
    replied
    obie trice real name no gimmicks

Leave a comment:

• Joran
    replied
    Obie dont need Shady

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by CashMoneyRecord View Post
    first!!
    stupid fucking post... who gives a shit who's first to reply? provide something to the fucking topic at hand, man.. shit!

Originally posted by Jasko View Post
    it will flop.
    uhm.. considering his last album's sales.. id say.... DUUUUUUUUUUUUH!

Originally posted by matt_pl View Post
    Oh Obie...Obie Obie. You was 'famous' becouse of Shady. Now you jut anotha good MC. That's mean - you won't sold more than 100-200k. But that's ok. Youre not rocordin for the money riight ? Peace
    when did he say he wasnt recording for money? i thought all artists were in it for the cash... seriously.. you think he's recording for the love of the music and that's it? he went indy so he could make more money... obviously.

Originally posted by Devil Baby View Post
    Obie and Young Buck are in the same boat they are big names with Eminem and 50 but on there own its a different ball game.Eminem did everything possible to make his albums a success Cheers especially and it didnt work.Cheers may have went 2 times platinum which is a lot but when compared to Get rich(from Eminems other protege)its not really good enough.

I love Obies albums and i hope he is a sucess on his own i just dont see it happening.
    uhm.. it didnt work with Cheers?! that album did VERY well.. considering Obie was never a household name like someone such as 50.. the fact that Eminem was able to get Obie to go multi-platinum was pretty damn impressive... and why compare it to GRoDT!??! those are totally different albums and different artists... 50 was always gonna blow up.. Obie is not an artist that's gonna sell 5 million+ copies in the US.. that's just never gonna happen... Em did a GREAT job with Cheers... Obie will never sell like that again... but it's amazing how well Obie did with Cheers...

Eminem and Obie clearly didnt try NEARLY as hard with Second Rounds on Me.. not only were most of the songs shit.. Eminem put Obie out there by himself, essentially, to see how he would do on his own... and we all saw how well that went...

Originally posted by Dertyhead#22 View Post
    he coulda at least sign with Koch
    why does it matter? you dont know how well Worldwide Hustle pays it's artists.. they could pay MORE than Koch for all you know...

Originally posted by Tash226 View Post
    I'm patiently waiting for "Bottom's Up." And Obie knows he's not gonna do Shady numbers on another label. People who leave big labels are more than likely just fed up with the handful of excuses being thrown at them as to why their albums aren't being released. "Too many albums already being released this quarter," or "We need a commercial single."

Go Obie. Hopefully Stat Quo and Bobby Creekwater follow suit and just leave the label already so we can actually hear shit from them sometime soon.
    Obie didnt even do Shady numbers ON Shady records.. i mean, seriously... his first album he did really well.. but Second Rounds on Me was nowhere NEAR Shady type numbers... shit, i dont even know what "Shady numbers" even means at this point.. seriously... the only artists that are affiliated with Shady that actually sell.. are Eminem and 50.... and Eminem hasnt released shit in forever... and 50's numbers are slowly declining too... i mean, sure, his solo albums will more than likely ALWAYS go platinum.. but he struggles to even go multi-platinum in the US anymore for that matter....

so Obie did the smartest thing.. he STILL has a built in audience, which is good.. there are people that will always purchase his albums.. unfortunately tho, there arent a lot of people... you know, on this indy label.. he'll be lucky to sell 100,000 copies altogether... but he'll make more money selling 100k on this new label than he would selling 500k on Shady Records... and that's a fact... actually, i think someone else has already said that in this thread... they're right on

i like Obie and i do hope he does well on this new label and takes home more money than he would on Shady... and hopefully there are no hard feelings between Em and Obie, so maybe we'll still get the occasional Obie/Em track.. whether it be on Em's album or Obie's.. ya know?

Originally posted by B-RAD' 05 View Post
    what??? u asking what record label hes with now?? u read the story?
    he was clearly referring to the record label, as in.. "what the hell record label is this?!?!"... he can read.. and he read the record label's name.. he's just never heard of the label... i thought it was obvious that that's what he was talking about.

Originally posted by mos.def08 View Post
    I wonder what kind of production we're gonna get on "Bottoms Up" since he's not on Shady no more. I was diggin' the OUTSIDE produced tracks on SROM like "Cry Now', hope we'll get more of THAT.
    i have a good feeling that the tracks Obie has completed for Bottom's Up while he was on Shady Records are going with him to this new label.. i dont see Eminem being an asshole and saying... "nope.. those songs you made on my label are staying with ME!"... he's more than likely going to let Obie take everything that he's recorded with him... and i wouldnt be surprised if we had some Em production on the album.. as well as an Em feature... probably only on the hook or something... but regardless.. im sure Obie brought a lot of music from Shady with him to Worldwide Hustle

Originally posted by Danny View Post
    will be shit ^
    but you're a Joe Budden fan

Leave a comment:

• PeeweeBallin
    replied
    obie should just join blackwallstreet..

Shit lol dont think he will match with black wall Street really lol

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    will be shit ^

Leave a comment:

• Rome
    replied
    Originally posted by joyn6160 View Post
    and call their group
    I - Outcasts aka Interscope Outcasts haha
    hahahaha..
    THE GAME - AUGUST 26TH

Leave a comment:

• red rum
    replied
    I love Obies albums and i hope he is a sucess on his own i just dont see it happening.

Leave a comment:

• joyn6160
    replied
    Originally posted by SKorPioN View Post
    Maybe Game, Buck and Obie should all get down together...it would be a smart idea.
    and call their group

I - Outcasts aka Interscope Outcasts haha

Leave a comment:

• Rome
    replied
    Originally posted by SKorPioN View Post
    Maybe Game, Buck and Obie should all get down together...it would be a smart idea.

obie should just join blackwallstreet..

Leave a comment:

• midwestwitch
    replied

Leave a comment:

• D124ever
    replied
    obie needs to do an interview or something...keep the publics intrest and ride the wave of the gossip...no one is gonna care in a few months. Use this to ur advantage.

Leave a comment:

• SKorPioN
    replied
    Obie and Young Buck are in the same boat they are big names with Eminem and 50 but on there own its a different ball game.Eminem did everything possible to make his albums a success Cheers especially and it didnt work.Cheers may have went 2 times platinum which is a lot but when compared to Get rich(from Eminems other protege)its not really good enough.

Leave a comment:

• mos.def08
    replied
    I wonder what kind of production we're gonna get on "Bottoms Up" since he's not on Shady no more. I was diggin' the OUTSIDE produced tracks on SROM like "Cry Now', hope we'll get more of THAT.

Leave a comment:

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by Cokiger, 10-24-2021, 06:16 AM
2 responses
0 likes
Last Post Heun
by Heun

Started by Jull1968, Today, 03:24 AM