X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• red rum
    replied
    Originally posted by TimmyT View Post
    Man, comedians releasing Hip-Hop albums has become quite the trend.
    First Billy Cosby, now John Witherspoon. I wonder who will be next.
    Katt Williams put an album out too.

Leave a comment:

• Skinny B
    replied
    everytime i take a shit i always warn people not to go in there for, "35........45 minutes". this guy is my idol.

Leave a comment:

• TimmyT
    replied
    Man, comedians releasing Hip-Hop albums has become quite the trend.

First Billy Cosby, now John Witherspoon. I wonder who will be next.

Leave a comment:

• M-D-M-A
    replied
    Originally posted by Mizfit_Monstar View Post
    As if we didn't have enough people bringing down hip hop.
    John Witherspoon is more hip hop than any rapper I can think of.

Dont confuse pops with Cosby....

Leave a comment:

• The Un-American
    replied
    Should be sweet. Half of rap is unintentional comedy so this should be cool. Don't Be Pussy Whipped sounds like a great title for a song to me.

Leave a comment:

• MC Fresh
    replied
    comedy in hip hop

Leave a comment:

• No Fear
    replied
    Actors putting out rap albums again.SMH

Leave a comment:

• The Illusive
    replied
    yeeeahhh boi!

Leave a comment:

• Tone Riggz
    replied
    not checking for this...he does a good job on The Boondocks though (and Wayans Bros. before that)...i was worried for a second, all i saw was "Comedian John Wither..." and i thought this was going to be a R.I.P. thread...

Leave a comment:

• C-J-Buck
    replied
    LOL, i watched Friday yesterday

"Dont go in the bathroom" LOL

Leave a comment:

• Pyromaniac6687
    replied
    As long as he puts "My Love's Going Bang Bang Bang" on there ill be happy lol......yi ta deeee!

Leave a comment:

• Mizfit_Monstar
    replied
    As if we didn't have enough people bringing down hip hop.

Leave a comment:

• July 9-Comedian John Witherspoon Releasing Hip-Hop Album

Comedian John Witherspoon is readying the release of a new Hip-Hop/Comedy album titled 63 Cents.

Witherspoon's rapping album will be available on iTunes soon and will be listed under both genres, the accomplished television and film actor told AllHipHop.com in a new interview.

Featuring songs like “Don’t Nobody Go In The Bathroom,” and “Dance Now With Your Big Ole Ass,” Witherspoon takes credit for writing the majority of the lyrics on the new project.

Also contributing to the album is the Detroit-born comedian’s brother Ron, who produced three tracks on 63 Cents and rapper Big K.

Despite previous collaborations in movies and videos with Kid-N-Play, Ice Cube, Jay-Z and others, don’t expect any guest appearances or even a stellar performance, Witherspoon warns.

“It’s just me,” Witherspoon told AllHipHop.com in a recent interview. “It may not be the best rappin’ in the world, but it’s funny as hell. Very entertaining.”

Witherspoon will personally fund at least two videos from the new album, one for “Dance,” and the other for “Don’t Be P***y Whipped.”

Perhaps best known for his turn as cantankerous patriarch Mr. Jones in the Friday trilogy, Witherspoon has appeared in several urban classics, including Boomerang, Hollywood Shuffle, House Party, I’m Gonna Git You Sucka, and The Five Heartbeats.

He also has roles in cult classic Hip-Hop films like I Got The Hook Up and Soul Plane.

His even lengthier television credits include appearances on TV shows like 227, Amen, Barnaby Jones, Good Times, What’s Happenin’, and of course his four year run on The Wayans Brothers as John “Pops” Williams.

Most recently, Witherspoon voiced the character of Robert “Grandad” Freeman on Adult Swim’s popular series The Boondocks, based on the highly-acclaimed comic strip of the same name.

“I relate to the younger people because those movies and TV shows kind of stop your aging,” Witherspoon said of his most recent body of work. “I’m still like a young person on those projects.”

Witherspoon’s first hour-long stand up special, You Got To Coordinate, which premiered on Showtime in March, is currently available in DVD and CD format, as well as on iTunes.

To read the full feature click here: http://allhiphop.com/stories/lifesty.../20230766.aspx
    SOURCE

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by uipfdvhjkss, Today, 01:20 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post uipfdvhjkss  
Started by MarenLyberth, Yesterday, 10:01 PM
0 responses