HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haha..protestors in Bay Area pelted w/ rubber bullets!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haha..protestors in Bay Area pelted w/ rubber bullets!

from foxnews.com, they deserve to get hit. Also in NYC, Pittsburgh and other places they would block traffic for hours which is VERY annoying for people trying to get work. We are in Baghdad, i doubt Bush is going to turn tha troops around.

OAKLAND, Calif. Police opened fire with non-lethal projectiles at an anti-war protest at the Port of Oakland on Monday morning, injuring at least six demonstrators and six longshoremen standing nearby.

Most of the 500 demonstrators at the port were dispersed peacefully, but police opened fire at two gates when protesters refused to move and police said some of them threw rocks and bolts. The longshoremen, pinned against a fence, were caught in the line of fire.

Demonstrators said they targeted the port because at least one company there is handling war supplies. They said it was the first time they had been fired upon in Bay area protests since the Iraq war began last month.

"Oakland police are being the most aggressive of any department I've seen in the Bay Area since the war began," said protester Damien McAnany, a database manager. "The San Francisco Police Department never used any of this stuff against us."

Oakland Police said at least 24 people were arrested.

"Some people were blocking port property and the port authorities asked us to move them off," said Deputy Police Chief Patrick Haw. "Police moved aggressively against crowds because some people threw rocks and big iron bolts at officers."

Police spokeswoman Danielle Ashford said officers fired bean-bag rounds and wooden dowels. They also used "sting balls," which send out a spray of BB-sized rubber pellets and a cloud of tear gas.

"When they hit you, it feels like a bee sting," Haw said.

Six longshoremen were treated by paramedics, as were at least six protesters. Injuries included bruises and welts.

"I was standing as far back as I could," said longshoremen Kevin Wilson. "It was very scary. All of that force wasn't necessary."

Trent Willis, a business agent for the International Longshore and Warehouse Union, said enraged dockworkers were leaving the docks after the incident.

"They shot my guys. We're not going to work today," Willis said. "The cops had no reason to open up on them."

Last week, a San Francisco-based peace group, Direct Action to Stop the War, had announced that it would stage a series of protests Monday involving new acts of civil disobedience.

Protests also took place Monday at the federal building in San Francisco and at the Concord Naval Weapons Station. And seven people were arrested when they temporarily blocked an exit ramp off Interstate 280 in San Francisco.

Strictly Lyrical...

Representin tha M-I...616

I read that these people who prohibit or make it difficult for the US to do its functions especially dealing with military during a time of war OR emergency, can be arrested and charged with sabotage.

people like the ones in Oakland who protested and tried to stop a ship from leaving to re-supply the troops in Iraq. Which doesn't make sense at all they want the troops to go without supplies?
    Derty JaSoN
    RapBasement.com Network Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by Derty JaSoN
      I read that these people who prohibit or make it difficult for the US to do its functions especially dealing with military during a time of war OR emergency, can be arrested and charged with sabotage.

people like the ones in Oakland who protested and tried to stop a ship from leaving to re-supply the troops in Iraq. Which doesn't make sense at all they want the troops to go without supplies?
      because they are idiots. It is annoying that people think that putting themselves in line in front of the military is going to keep the U.S. out of Iraq. I always wonder why it is that they can expend the time and energy trying to halt the process of the military at it's most fundamental level but can't actually try and make some sort of social change by funneling that energy into something that will be legitimately recognized as important.
      Reloading Random Thoughts. One post at a time.

Comment

It's bad when you gotta see this shit everyday. When will people realize that what they are doing does nothing but get a news paper article written about them. This does not stop the war at all. Even the news papers are beginning to grow tired of the protesting stories.
        Posterpedic Mattresses

Comment

I feel sorry for you Segmented, San Francisco is the capital of these protests, you must be pretty annoyed by now.
          AIM- Lakerman0834

"The only time I get blue balls is if the chick had blue lipstick."- Lloyd Banks

"*****s let the game get fucked when the Source is on UPN
          But sellin a mill or shakin down faggots the only way that you'll begin
          Guess the Jews should've clued me in
          Glued to a pen, A vendetta with avengeance
          Never the ***** with the headwrap and incense
          Never the ***** with the overnight Cris shit
          Forever the lyricist, rockin V-necks. Pullin bitches
          Ras is Van Gogh, sip, illest, apocalyptic
          I got to get shit through your dome
          I gives a fuck about your chips, whips, and chrome" - Ras Kass

Comment

Fuck the protests, its the capital of homos
            Screamin Compton but you can't return, you aint heard?
            Brothers pissed cuz you switched and escaped to the burbs

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcazm
              LMFAO!!!!!!!
              tru dat playa!
              IM A GANGSTA

Comment

Yeah i heard about it too. To bad I had to work today otherwise I would have went to Oakland and tried to run a couple of the protesters over. There was one bitch on tv saying she uses yoga as a form of protest and that's all she was doing then t e police hit her in the face with some shit and now her face is scabbed up. honestly that's what they all get. I hope next time the Oakland police fire more shots and get more of the bastards

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcazm
                  lol

Originally posted by Segmented
                  It's bad when you gotta see this shit everyday. When will people realize that what they are doing does nothing but get a news paper article written about them. This does not stop the war at all. Even the news papers are beginning to grow tired of the protesting stories.
                  that's true, i know i'm tired of hearing about it on tv or reading it in the news paper, it's really pointless

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Franok, Today, 11:37 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Franok
                  by Franok

Started by maliasydney, Today, 12:00 AM