July 18th- Britney Agrees to Sole Custody for K-Fed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 18th- Britney Agrees to Sole Custody for K-Fed

Los Angeles (E! Online) - Britney Spears has agreed to hand the parenting reins over to Kevin Federline.

K-Fed's longtime attorney, Mark Vincent Kaplan, exclusively tells E! News the divorced duo have reached a settlement in their long-gestating custody case.

According to the agreement signed by all parties, Federline gets sole legal and physical custody of sons Sean Preston and Jayden James and Spears will have visitation rights.

"The case has been settled," Kaplan said. "The court still has to approve it. " Both parties are due in court Friday morning.

The case had been set to go to trial next month but all had been hoping to settle up beforehand.

"As of this evening there is a fully executed deal memo...All the issues that would have been addressed at trial have been settled," Kaplan told E! News. "Can't speak to the exact terms of the deal, [but the] orders in place...will stay in place."

Although this is theoretically good news for Federline, Kaplan maintains it isn't exactly what his client had in mind.

"Kevins was not [out] to get custody. Kevin's goal was to set up some kind of template so the mother of his children can coparent," Kaplan said.

"He said, 'I need to have Britney to be involved in the coparenting of the kids, but I need there to be a structure.' "

But this is the structure he got, and "Kevin is absolutely delighted," Kaplan continued.

"Nobody could have anticipated the terms of events that have occurred...This was a two-year journey that will be halted at a point that is good for these children. Custody is always modifiable. If there is a final order, it means there is nothing to try."

Spears has been enjoying monitored visits with her boys since late February after temporarily losing any on-hand-mommying privileges following a stretch of noticeably erratic behavior on her part and two brief hospital stays.

Federline's camp has credited the influence of Spears' father, Jamie, who was appointed a coconservator of his daughter's estate Feb. 1, for helping to get the 26-year-old popster back on track.

A court commissioner is scheduled to review whether to make the conservatorship permanent at the end of this month. If the arrangement were to end, what then happens to Spears' current deal?

"While I can't tell you the terms, the order does anticipate what happens if the conservatorship is ended," Kaplan told E! News. "The devil is always in the details, and this is a very detailed deal memo.

"Nobody can predict what the future will bring, but to the extent possible, I think we have really anticipated how to proceed."

source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/eonline/2008...9_c3c421bb0c07

TMZ has learned under the terms of the settlement, that will become a done deal shortly, K-Fed will get more child support, i.e., more jack in his bank. Currently, he pulls in $15,000 a month from Britney. Under the deal, he'll get just south of $20,000.

As for K-Fed's lawyer, Mark Vincent Kaplan, there's something in this settlement for him. Kaplan, who wanted a trial last month, will now settle and get an additional $200,000 from the bank of Britney.

And, we've learned the court has officially vacated the trial date, even though settlement papers have not been filed. So, no trial, and that's the real headline in this case.

P.S. Legal and physical custody were never at issue because of the conservatorship. The fact is, since last month, Brit has almost doubled her custodial time with the kids.

www.tmz.com
    OSU BASKETBALL #1 28-2

Kfed = Genius

Comment

^

pure genius..

Comment

wtf...these kids are not going to turn out well...no matter who has the custody, theyre fucked for life
        Que Sera Sera

Comment

I think it's good that they're not in her custody. She has a looooong way to go before she's well enough to be responsible for her kids......but then again, we've only seen her as a parent, who knows how fit of a parent KFed is.

Comment

well what can i say.

KFed won.
            Rhyme & Reason
            Follow me on Twitter: @Eyerone
            #classreunionmuzik
            Check out my newest freestyle: Eyerone "Can't Tell Me Nothin" http://bln.kr/14VV/

Comment

ethered
              My other aliases:
              The West is Back
              Masai
              justp1ayin
              The Man

Comment

k fed makin bank & gets to keep his kids.

guy's on cloud 9
                ima do me.

Comment

so much hate on k-fed but really he didn't do anything exept make bad music, yeah he fucked/ fucked up brittany spears, but then again, who cares about her, give the guy a chance

Comment

werd whens k feds next joint droppin

Comment

Who cares? Kfed sucks.

But he's a genius for bringing in 20k a month... shiiit.
                      change must come from within

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Deborahlanker, Today, 10:08 AM
                      4 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Deborahlanker  
                      Started by basketballeven, Today, 10:06 AM