Chuck D Speaks about 50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuck D Speaks about 50

"Sitting here in the Pittsburgh Airport, going thru post 911 security checks, I can't help but wonder how Interscope Records president, Jimmy Iodine sleeps at night. With the latest 50 Cent Get Rich Or Die Tryin' phenomenon sweeping the nation, again I'm amazed at the selling power of black death and the masters who pimp it. There's a lot of blood in Jimmy Iodine's bank, just as Bryan Turnip, formerly of California Raisin, launched gangsta turned Prioritize Records way back in the 90's, courtesy of the west coast. I actually dug 50 Cent's original take on 'fake gangstas' and the idea of bringing some cats down to the reality of the harshness of the 'real streets' instead of studio imagery. As I dug N.W.A.'s early rebellious take on how a brother couldn't get ahead in society. But in the case of the swirl around 50 Cent, I can't even say it's entirely his fault, that his take on the road to rap is along the Biggie Ready To Die steez".
    The best technique to achieve is no technique - Bruce Lee

Could someone please explain to my brain that I just severed the main vein with a chainsaw, and that I'm in pain - Eminem

What yo' PHUCKIN MOUTH - DRE

?
    LET ME JUST MAKE THIS STATEMENT LOUD AND CLEAR / JERSEY'S HERE / SOME DUDES GOT PROBLEMS WITH ME OVER THERE / I AIN'T SCARED / JOE BUDDENS AKA DAT NUKKA

Comment

chuck d is retarted.. i dont even know what the fuck he was trying to say with that shit... lol please dont post garbage
      I had a tight verse to go here but the this piece of shit forum wont let me put it in here for some reason.. so.. fuck d12world and everyone here

damn it

Comment

Originally posted by BAZ
        chuck d is retarted.. i dont even know what the fuck he was trying to say with that shit..
        does anybody

Comment

hahah
          AIM- Lakerman0834

"The only time I get blue balls is if the chick had blue lipstick."- Lloyd Banks

"*****s let the game get fucked when the Source is on UPN
          But sellin a mill or shakin down faggots the only way that you'll begin
          Guess the Jews should've clued me in
          Glued to a pen, A vendetta with avengeance
          Never the ***** with the headwrap and incense
          Never the ***** with the overnight Cris shit
          Forever the lyricist, rockin V-necks. Pullin bitches
          Ras is Van Gogh, sip, illest, apocalyptic
          I got to get shit through your dome
          I gives a fuck about your chips, whips, and chrome" - Ras Kass

Comment

some of what chuck d is saying isn't intelligible, but for the most part he is saying that Jimmy Iovine is capatilizing on 50 Cent's music which is basically about crime...in other words, jimmy iovine is is the person behind 50 cent's glorification of violence...he's saying that jimmy iovine is promoting music that shows Blacks in a negative light...so, no, chuck isn't retarded; he speaks the truth...of course, you can say that most mainstream rappers are talking about the same thing, but 50 Cent is the biggest one out right now, not to mention that his album was repetitive for the most part (guns, drugs, etc.)...of course jimmy iovine is behind this, just like he was behind eminem (eminem has said that jimmy iovine was the reason why he has released singles such, "the real slim shady," "without me," etc.)...iovine is a smart businessman, but obviously doesn't care about how people will react to it rather he cares about how much money he can generate from it...

Comment

He's retarded because you cant understand intelligent statements.....? What retarded post to make

Comment

Chuck D makes some realy valid statements. You have to know where he comes from to really appreciate what he's saying. Considering he along with KRS-One helped to usher in conciousness into the rap woirld, one could see why he has a problem with 50 Cent. He may be entertaining, but you can't deny the fact that he is glamorizing the pitfalls of lower-class black society - drugs and murder. The fact that people can't understand D's statement really says a whole lot about some people on this board...

Comment

The cats saying Chuck is "retarded" couldn't recite any one verse from any PE song. So what exactly are they judging the man based on? What do the youth of today know about the old school? Wu-Tang and Biggie are NOT old school, young'uns.....

As for Chuck's points, they are pretty clear to an able reader. I know literacy skills are pretty minimal for the youth right now, but really, was it hard to understand what he said? I think GorillaUnit summed it up pretty well. Read his paraphrase if Chuck's talk is too complex for you.......

A parting thought: The two most revered rappers are dead from beef that used rap as a vehicle. 50 is not expected to live to a ripe old age, and almost certainly his death will involve rap as a vehicle. He will likely join the ranks of Big and Pac as one of the "realest" (if not one of the lyrically complex) rappers ever to spit. People will crowd around to tell how gangsta he really was. Why is "real" equated with "gangsta" in so many people's mind? And why must your life be threatened by rap to get into the public opinion rap hall of fame?

Death sells. Black death sells better.

Peace
                  Would you let the system sit (shit) down on your head again? NO, DREAD, NO.
                  Would you let the system
                  make you kill your brother man? NO, DREAD, NO

Comment

If you diss Chuck D, you don't respect hip-hop point blank.... fucking faggot, have respect... HOLLA
                    Snoop Dogg "Nuthin but a G thang"- "You never know she could be earnin' her man, and learnin' her man/ and at the same time burning her man/ now you know i aint' with that shit Lieutenant/ ain't no pussy good enough to get burnt while I'm up in it"

Common "sum shit I wrote": "My style is steep, I rip rhymes on the incline/ splat guts, bust fat nuts, and lay up like a crypt line."

Eminem- "just to get to see an MC who breathes so freely/
                    Ease over these beats and be so breezy/ Jesus how can shit be so easy?/ How can one Chandra be so Levy?"

Originally posted by yummyangel
                    topdogg--dude youre hott
                    Topdoggkyle Fan Club:
                    President: hawtlilchick27
                    Vice Pres.: shadyvsbizkit
                    #1 fan: Sierra69
                    #2 fan: x-press
                    Official Groupie: Thug Biatch

Comment

Again, Chuck just stated his opinion about 50. He didn't attack 50 or anything like that, he just doesn't totally agree with everything 50 says in his music. And he thinks that Jimmy I. of Interscope is capitalizing off of it, and Chuck D also said that he thinks that Jimmy is capitalizing off of 50 because he's the rapper that has been shot nine times. Its actually alot longer than this he also says he wants 50 to keep making music for a long time and that he would like to hear 50 keep making more songs about Birthdays instead of the things he raps about often(guns,etc..). He also speaks about Jay-Z.
                      Last edited by Nisi; 04-08-2003, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by TomasEilandu, Today, 02:11 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post TomasEilandu  
                      Started by buytrueketo1, Today, 01:05 AM
                      0 responses