HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

July/23/08-Nas & Protesters Demand Fox News Stop Racist Smears Against Afro-Americans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July/23/08-Nas & Protesters Demand Fox News Stop Racist Smears Against Afro-Americans

Nas joined a throng of protesters at the Fox News building in Manhattan this afternoon to deliver over 600,000 petitions demanding that the network stop racist smearing against African-Americans and democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama.

As SOHH previously reported, Nas partnered with grassroots organizations ColorofChange.org and MoveOn.org to put an end to what they call Fox’s “racist propaganda.”

“I’m here today to stand with the ColorofChange.org,” Nas said as he read from a prepared speech. “Over 600,000 people of every color across the country are demanding that Fox stop their racist attacks on the Obama family and on black America.”

“We already know that Fox is not a news network,” he continued. “They are a propaganda machine but their racist attacks have gone way too far. Calling Michele Obama ‘Barack’s baby momma?’ Tell me is that acceptable to you? Is that racist?” he asked the crowd.

Nas also referenced the network’s portrayal of the fist bump that Barack and Michelle Obama shared as a “terrorist fist jab” and Fox anchor Bill O’Reilly’s call for a “lynching party” for the woman who may become First Lady.

“Fox poisons this country every time they air racist propaganda and try to call it news,” said the Queensbridge rapper. “This should outrage every American that Fox uses hateful language to talk about the person who may be the first black president.”

According to Nas the Obamas aren’t the only victims of Fox News. He also blames the network for attacking, black leaders, black institutions, ordinary black people and of course hip-hop artists.

“It’s offensive to black Americans,” he said. “It’s offensive to all Americans. That’s why I wrote on my new album a song called, ‘Sly Fox,’" he said before reciting a few lines from the song.

“Watch what you watchin’/ Fox keeps feeding us toxins/ stop sleepin’/ start thinkin’.”

In related news Nas’ Untitled album debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 today. The controversial album was Nas’ fifth No. 1 album, and sold 187,000 albums it’s first week out.
    http://www.sohh.com/2008/07/update-nas-goes.html#more

“It’s offensive to black Americans,” he said. “It’s offensive to all Americans. That’s why I wrote on my new album a song called, ‘Sly Fox,’" he said before reciting a few lines from the song.
    pretty much sums it up. lmao

Comment

sure thing nas
      GOD IS LOVE
      I LOVE LTW
      LOST=G.O.A.T.

Comment

what a hypocrite Nas is

Comment

Originally posted by CWCooper810
          I can be called a "stan" or what not, I even have a backwards E tattooed on my back.

Comment

fox news isnt news...its bullshit with a smile
            Think, Act, Make & Spend Money Like A True Business Individual A.K.A. A Baller.

Business To Bling - The Realest Blog On Creating Wealth

Gold Plated Executive Gifts

Comment

Wow...
              Nas is a fuckin idiot, good music but an idiot. People just dislike Fox because they don't spoon feed the far left like every other network.

I got two bad hands and still built this house of cards/
              Just an average Jack up in the Club who thinks he found a Heart/

Comment

i think Fox News just hates everybody who isn't on their side...basically, if you don't believe in Fox, you're a secular progressive terrorist sympathizer who enjoyed Brokeback Mountain...

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nz_V6WODlo
                  Think, Act, Make & Spend Money Like A True Business Individual A.K.A. A Baller.

Business To Bling - The Realest Blog On Creating Wealth

Gold Plated Executive Gifts

Comment

Originally posted by Death Give71 View Post
                    Wow...
                    Nas is a fuckin idiot, good music but an idiot. People just dislike Fox because they don't spoon feed the far left like every other network.

yea that's right..nas is the idiot....name an instance where fox news isn't spewing venom against african-americans,obama or the hiphop community?

Comment

Fox News' statement through a spokesperson:

"Fox News believes in all protesters exercising their right to free speech, including Nas, who has an album to promote."

Five minutes video of Nas at the protest...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F8lyAlRsjs
                      @yeldarb367

Comment

Nas is on point here. His song Sly Fox is great and it's nice to see him standing up against this so-called "No Spin News Network". Seriously, whoever actually looks at FOX News and sees it as a valid source of information is just dumb, plain and simple. Actually, that's a proven statement and not an opinion since a media literacy study found that those who watch FOX News regularly are actually less informed and still think that they found WMD's in Iraq. Dumb clowns.

I still can't believe that "terrorist fist jab" comment. That shit made no sense, it wasn't prefaced or followed with any information that would support that notion, and was just, flat out racist and biased.
                        8 YEARS DEEP

Comment

This makes no sense and ^^^ that's not true. There was also a study that said it was the least biased channel because it gives the other side a chance to debate on every issue. Study about this, study about that, they mean nothing.
                          Originally posted by crackheard420 View Post
                          fox news isnt news...its bullshit with a smile
                          ALL news is bullshit.
                          Steelers|KU Jayhawks|USC

Comment

Originally posted by blair19 View Post
                            This makes no sense and ^^^ that's not true. There was also a study that said it was the least biased channel because it gives the other side a chance to debate on every issue. Study about this, study about that, they mean nothing.

ALL news is bullshit.
                            It does make sense, perfect sense, actually (read it again). Also, your debate comment is false when you look at the context of their so-called "debates", where they pit cherry picked liberals that are submissive in comparison to the conservatives they put on the show. oh, and if studies don't mean anything, why challenge my statement with another study's findings?

Now that makes no sense.

In addition, all news isn't inherently bad or "bullshit". You can find reliable, truthful and accurate news sources elsewhere, or you can read a variety of news stories so that you can compare them and make your own decision about what you think is happening. It's a matter of not being lazy and actually reading shit.
                            Last edited by FAcT oR FiCTiON; 07-23-2008, 11:00 PM.
                            8 YEARS DEEP

Comment

No, every channel tells you what they want you to hear.
                              Steelers|KU Jayhawks|USC

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Deborahlanker, 06-03-2021, 08:33 PM
                              6 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Glenedelstein  
                              Started by Omaha17, 11-11-2007, 08:02 PM