Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July/28/08--Scott McClellan Exposes Fox News

Scott McClellan:White House Fed Fox News Talking Points

"I've been here from the beginning, and have never seen a White House "talking points." -- And I don't know anyone else who's seen one either. I asked senior management if they have ever seen a White House talking points. No one had." Bill O'Reilly reacting to Dan Rather's accusation that FoxNews gets White House Talking Points. 12/06.

"There were (FOX) commentators and pundits who were useful to the White House." Former Bush White House Press Secretary, Scott McClellan, Hardball, 7/24/08

Talking Point: An idea which may or may not be factual, meant to provide the most effective attack to saturate discourse and frame a debate. When used politically, the purpose is to propagandize by continuous repetition within media outlets until accepted as fact.

Similar to how the Communist news outlet, Pravda, and Nazi propaganda chief, Josef Goebbels, offered information to the Folks™, Scott McClellan admitted that Bush White House used Fox commentators as their spokespeople feeding them what they wanted the Folks™ to believe. At least that's what Scott McClellan now has acknowledeged.

For those of you not as politically savvy as your typical FoxNews viewer, here's the technical way talking points work: The Bush White House told Fox News what to say and Fox News said it.

For example, let's say the Bush White House wanted to lead the Folks™ to believe that Saddam Hussein had something to do with 9-11. They would send a note to Fox News and...

Right Wing Talk Show Hosts Who Were Invited To The White House For A Private Meeting With President Bush Just Prior to the 2006 Election Are Shocked!
    July 26, 2008 · Filed Under 2008 Election, Bill O'Reilly, Fox News, Kind of Satire, Media

Talking Point: An idea which may or may not be factual, meant to provide the most effective attack to saturate discourse and frame a debate. When used politically, the purpose is to propagandize by continuous repetition within media outlets until accepted as fact.

“I’ve been here from the beginning, and have never seen a White House “talking points.” — And I don’t know anyone else who’s seen one either. I asked senior management if they have ever seen a White House talking points. No one had.” Bill O’Reilly reacting to Dan Rather’s accusation that FoxNews gets White House Talking Points. 12/06.

“There were (FOX) commentators and pundits who were useful to the White House.” Former Bush White House Press Secretary, Scott McClellan, Hardball, 7/24/08

Similar to how the Communist news outlet, Pravda, and Nazi propaganda chief, Josef Goebbels, offered information to the Folks™, Scott McClellan admitted that Bush White House used Fox commentators as their spokespeople feeding them what they wanted the Folks™ to believe. At least that’s what Scott McClellan now has acknowledeged.

For those of you not as politically savvy FoxNews viewers, here’s the technical way talking points work: The Bush White House told Fox News what to say and Fox News said it.

For example, let’s say the Bush White House wanted to lead the Folks™ to believe that Saddam Hussein had something to do with 9-11. They would send a note to Fox News and Fox News in turn would lead the Folks™ to believe he did by reporting it without letting the Folks™ know it was actually a White House talking point.

Or…if the Bush White House wanted the Folks™ to believe that Iraq had WMD, they would send a note to Fox News and Fox News would report it without letting the Folks™ know it was actually a White House talking point.

Or…if the Bush White House wanted the Folks™ to believe that if you questioned anything about the Bush White House’s approach to their Iraq invasion, you were against the troops.

Here’s an example…

Bush White House Talking Point: We don’t torture.

Bill O’Reilly Talking Point Memo: We don’t torture.

See. It’s easy. Here…you try it.

Bush White House Talking Point: We didn’t lie.

You: We didn’t lie.

Close. You see, sometimes, part of handling a talking point properly, is to not say it’s exactly as it’s written.

Let’s see how Bill O’Reilly would have handled it.

Bush White House Talking Point: We didn’t lie.

Bill O’Reilly Talking Point Memo: “There is absolutely no proof that the White House lied us into war. That’s a fact. Everyone knows it. Anyone who thinks differently is dopey. And that’s a memo.”

See. That’s how a pro handles it.

Now, you give it one more try.

Bush White House Talking Point: Barack Obama refused to see wounded US troops while in Germany.

You: Did Barack Obama refuse to visit wounded US troops while in Germany? We’ll be back in one minute to discuss this potentially shocking disregard for our injured heroes by the Democratic messiah.

Wow. You’re good. You could have your own show at Fox.

Now Bill might add that if you question his talking point, “you’re a pinhead” or “hate America,” but the White House gives FoxNews guys the latitude to make their (the White House) point more palatable to their particular audience. That’s called “spinning.” Like when you say you’re a “No-Spin Zone” and all you do is spin. In comic circles it’s called satire. At Fox, it’s called “News.”

Keep practicing. Who knows? One day, one of those White House talking points will make their way to you and you could be well on your way to a lucrative career at Fox News.

Did I get that right, Dana?

Steve
    http://steveyoungonpolitics.com/scot...-election-are/

I'd be more upset over this if there was proof, not just one guy saying it. As bad as it would be every other news channel is corrupt as well so just listen to the station that's spinning it your way and smile!

I got two bad hands and still built this house of cards/
    Just an average Jack up in the Club who thinks he found a Heart/

Comment

Originally posted by Death Give71 View Post
      I'd be more upset over this if there was proof, not just one guy saying it. As bad as it would be every other news channel is corrupt as well so just listen to the station that's spinning it your way and smile!
      how much more proof do u need?...he was the white house press secretary

Comment

Originally posted by Wes_Belvy View Post
        how much more proof do u need?...he was the white house press secretary

It probably is true, but he could easily be lying. Just saying I;m not about to go riot in front of there office about it but I am disappointed.

I got two bad hands and still built this house of cards/
        Just an average Jack up in the Club who thinks he found a Heart/

Comment

this has been known forever...educate yourself people. good post.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psdgRH_p3XI
            My other aliases:
            The West is Back
            Masai
            justp1ayin
            The Man

Comment

Originally posted by Death Give71 View Post

there is proof.. i saw a documentary last year totally refuting tons of what fox news says and does... can't remember the title now though
              LOST
              THEN I NEVER WANT TO DIE
              I... I WANT TO LIVE FOREVER

Comment

Fox is slanted no doubt but i stopped reading when he used Saddam being involved with 9/11 being on fox as an example. Its dumb to use that as a point because the government fed that to every major news station in the country... so its not just fox being slanted its all of them, the otehrs dont get attention because they are actually slanted to the left. However, msot of you who are far on the left never take a step back and view this from a 3rd person view. It hits from too close to home, you know what Im saying?

Comment

Alot of our news is propaganda... right before the Iraq war, I had been working at the U.S. capitol for senator Warner and one of the bills they were about to pass was a Bush propaganda bill for our media to convince us to go to war with Iraq. They also passed a bill to drop propaganda pamplets in arabic to the Iraqi people to try to get them to cooperate with U.S. allied forces (check the public records because I dont remember the bill ID)
                  WWW.THISIS50.COM
                  JOIN TODAY!

Comment

all news is slanted. fox is just the only one that isn't slanted to the left.
                    Blow me...

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Newman View Post
                      all news is slanted. fox is just the only one that isn't slanted to the left.

there is no such thing as corporate news being slanted to the left. don't let MSNBC (GE is a huge military contractor) fool you with Olberman. as far as im concerned, they're all state-sponsored propaganda. even the NYTimes can spend 7 online pages talking about Afghanistan being a Narco-State without outright admitting that the DOD is funding and controlling its worldwide flow.

WWW.LIFEAFTERTHEOILCRASH.NET

WWW.LIFEAFTERTHEOILCRASH.NET WWW.LIFEAFTERTHEOILCRASH.NET

Comment

like 90% of my stories are foxnews.com as source.....
                        OSU BASKETBALL #1 28-2

Comment

Originally posted by JMart View Post
                          there is proof.. i saw a documentary last year totally refuting tons of what fox news says and does... can't remember the title now though
                          probably one of these....

OutFoxed
                          http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...743434902428&q

Orwell Rolls in His Grave?
                          http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...342219448521&q

Hijacking Catastrophe?
                          http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...145165829917&q

WWW.LIFEAFTERTHEOILCRASH.NET

WWW.LIFEAFTERTHEOILCRASH.NET WWW.LIFEAFTERTHEOILCRASH.NET

Comment

Originally posted by NyTe^CRaWLeR View Post
                            there is no such thing as corporate news being slanted to the left. don't let MSNBC (GE is a huge military contractor) fool you with Olberman. as far as im concerned, they're all state-sponsored propaganda. even the NYTimes can spend 7 online pages talking about Afghanistan being a Narco-State without outright admitting that the DOD is funding and controlling its worldwide flow.
                            they all have a bias... some would consider them to lean somewhat towards the liberal side of things.
                            Blow me...

Comment

Nas is celebrating a small battle
                              Everybody was born to hustle
                              It's a very thin line between a boss and a muscle
                              - Xzibit

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post