HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[8/1] To Provoke War Cheney Considered Dressing Navy Seals As Iranians And Shoot Them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [8/1] To Provoke War Cheney Considered Dressing Navy Seals As Iranians And Shoot Them

Speaking at the Campus Progress journalism conference earlier this month, Seymour Hersh — a Pulitzer-Prize winning journalist for The New Yorker — revealed that Bush administration officials held a meeting recently in the Vice President’s office to discuss ways to provoke a war with Iran.

In Hersh’s most recent article, he reports that this meeting occurred in the wake of the overblown incident in the Strait of Hormuz, when a U.S. carrier almost shot at a few small Iranian speedboats. The “meeting took place in the Vice-President’s office. ‘The subject was how to create a casus belli between Tehran and Washington,’” according to one of Hersh’s sources.

During the journalism conference event, I asked Hersh specifically about this meeting and if he could elaborate on what occurred. Hersh explained that, during the meeting in Cheney’s office, an idea was considered to dress up Navy Seals as Iranians, put them on fake Iranian speedboats, and shoot at them. This idea, intended to provoke an Iran war, was ultimately rejected:

HERSH: There was a dozen ideas proffered about how to trigger a war. The one that interested me the most was why don’t we build — we in our shipyard — build four or five boats that look like Iranian PT boats. Put Navy seals on them with a lot of arms. And next time one of our boats goes to the Straits of Hormuz, start a shoot-up.

Might cost some lives. And it was rejected because you can’t have Americans killing Americans. That’s the kind of — that’s the level of stuff we’re talking about. Provocation. But that was rejected.

Watch it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slgBrbNXrbs

Hersh argued that one of the things the Bush administration learned during the encounter in the Strait of Hormuz was that, “if you get the right incident, the American public will support” it.

“Look, is it high school? Yeah,” Hersh said. “Are we playing high school with you know 5,000 nuclear warheads in our arsenal? Yeah we are. We’re playing, you know, who’s the first guy to run off the highway with us and Iran.”

Transcript:

HERSH: There was a meeting. Among the items considered and rejected — which is why the New Yorker did not publish it, on grounds that it wasn’t accepted — one of the items was why not…

There was a dozen ideas proffered about how to trigger a war. The one that interested me the most was why don’t we build — we in our shipyard — build four or five boats that look like Iranian PT boats. Put Navy seals on them with a lot of arms. And next time one of our boats goes to the Straits of Hormuz, start a shoot-up. Might cost some lives.

And it was rejected because you can’t have Americans killing Americans. That’s the kind of — that’s the level of stuff we’re talking about. Provocation. But that was rejected.

So I can understand the argument for not writing something that was rejected — uh maybe. My attitude always towards editors is they’re mice training to be rats.

But the point is jejune, if you know what that means. Silly? Maybe. But potentially very lethal. Because one of the things they learned in the incident was the American public, if you get the right incident, the American public will support bang-bang-kiss-kiss. You know, we’re into it.

…What happened in the Gulf was, in the Straits, in early January, the President was just about to go to the Middle East for a visit. So that was one reason they wanted to gin it up. Get it going.

Look, is it high school? Yeah. Are we playing high school with you know 5,000 nuclear warheads in our arsenal? Yeah we are. We’re playing, you know, who’s the first guy to run off the highway with us and Iran.

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/07/31/...-for-iran-war/

Why the fuck would want ANOTHER war to suck up all the money?

Comment

genius

Comment

destroy the middle east

Comment

Bay of Tonkin, Pearl Harbour, 9-11........

Nothing new..........expected actually.............it's worked so well before........

Peace
          Would you let the system sit (shit) down on your head again? NO, DREAD, NO.
          Would you let the system
          make you kill your brother man? NO, DREAD, NO

Comment

Cheney should be hung after his presidency is through, if Barack ran on the platform of murderous justice I'd actually register to vote.
            Originally posted by VIPeterson
            Billy, She was 11 when you were 16. Let it go
            Originally posted by Lisa
            billy you're def. sexier than i. sorry that went without mention.
            Originally posted by Dash8dyOne
            Side note, we r blessed for somone like eminem. Real talk!
            I can't be tamed

Comment

does not surprise me
              Think, Act, Make & Spend Money Like A True Business Individual A.K.A. A Baller.

Business To Bling - The Realest Blog On Creating Wealth

Gold Plated Executive Gifts

Comment

wow lol.

I got two bad hands and still built this house of cards/
                Just an average Jack up in the Club who thinks he found a Heart/

Comment

cheney.. what a fuckin moron

Comment

I dont believe this
                    Originally posted by CWCooper810
                    I can be called a "stan" or what not, I even have a backwards E tattooed on my back.

Comment

Originally posted by red rum View Post
                      I dont believe this
                      Bay of Tonkin, Pearl Harbour, 9-11........

Nothing new..........expected actually.............it's worked so well before........

Peace
                      Would you let the system sit (shit) down on your head again? NO, DREAD, NO.
                      Would you let the system
                      make you kill your brother man? NO, DREAD, NO

Comment

I love how this only gets 11 responses while a lil wayne thread can get 11 pages in no time.

but i'm just going to have to agree with rainstorm. aint' nothin new. Typical Cheney. Typical Bush administration. Typical republican party...
                        I'm so far ahead of my time
                        I'm about to start another life
                        Look behind you, I'm about to pass you twice

- Jay-z

Comment

lol, Americans sign up in the military to "protect America", then their leaders use them and sacrifice them to start a war so they can profit...................................
                          Originally posted by FunkySuicideGirl
                          Ima sucker when some suck my lip or bite in it
                          Originally posted by Syko Squidge
                          ^
                          fuck off you gay piece of cunt
                          Originally posted by Otto
                          That shit is fuck,

Comment

That's apparently the American way...
                            I'm so far ahead of my time
                            I'm about to start another life
                            Look behind you, I'm about to pass you twice

- Jay-z

Comment

Originally posted by Marr View Post
                              I love how this only gets 11 responses while a lil wayne thread can get 11 pages in no time.

but i'm just going to have to agree with rainstorm. aint' nothin new. Typical Cheney. Typical Bush administration. Typical republican party...
                              I'm with you except for one thing, you can't put these tactics past the democrats either. After all, the gulf of Tonkin incident and the whole escalation of the Viet Nam war was instigated by LBJ's administration.

For our generation though, yeah, the republicans got the image as the big super thugs.(nevermind lil wayne, ross, or any of them, any wannabe gangster should start imitating Cheney or rumsfeld!)

I wish for Cheney and his whole administration nothing but pain and bad health for the rest of their lives. As disgusting as this article is, this doesn't even compare to the pain and suffering they've already caused on a global scale.
                              Last edited by -King Nick-; 08-01-2008, 08:15 PM.
                              "Heavenly father i'm a soldier!, i'm gettin' hotter cuz the worlds gettin colder.-2PAC
                              Rest. In. Peace. Bitch. I dash every last one of you haters with hot grease bitch - Chalie Boy

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Bynarden, Today, 12:39 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Bynarden  
                              Started by cannaleafzusa, Today, 03:31 AM
                              0 responses